Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2013, 15:22   #7036
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Gents,
Absolute newbie on modifications of the car, so please advise on worthiness of below :

http://shopping.rediff.com/product/rediff-privileges/Car-Head-Light-Bulb-Conversion-Kit-H4-To-Hid-000k/11452205/storeid-6966?sc_cid=more_gv500_nonrediff_140313|store

it also says " If your car is not listed above, please confirm whether your car has H4 bulbs or not, if your car has H4 bulbs this product will fit in your car".

Can anyone confirm if Ertiga has H4 bulbs ?
Old 18th March 2013, 15:39   #7037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Hi Guys,

I've looked at a few HID kits (with projectors) and from what I could gather, the cheaper chinese kits mostly come with their own bulbs. Are these proprietary bulbs and will replacing them be a hassle later on?

The other option is to get a genuine philips kit (without projectors). This comes to around 9k INR and get it fitted with an aftermarket projector. Is this possible? Which projectors do you suggest? Is Morimoto (US) any good?
The second option is very much possible.
HID : Philips or Morimoto.
Projector : Morimoto Mini or Hella E55.
I think this should give much better quality output than the Chinese.
Old 18th March 2013, 18:24   #7038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
The second option is very much possible.
HID : Philips or Morimoto.
Projector : Morimoto Mini or Hella E55.
I think this should give much better quality output than the Chinese.
I just did some maths and it looks like this setup is going to cost a bit more than I'm willing to put right now.

The morimoto's will cost around 12k and the philips bulbs/ballast are being sold at Reliance Autozone for 9500 (I confirmed that today). So, this will easily be around 30k.

I think I'll just stick to halogens and upgrade when I have the required Vitamin M to spend.

So, now my choices are Philips Extreme vision/power or Osram NB+. I want preferably yellow light so trying to do a comparison here or make an educated guess.

Also, if anyone knows of a good place to get (and fit) halogens in Gurgaon, please let me know.

Last edited by sharninder : 18th March 2013 at 18:25. Reason: Added more info
Old 18th March 2013, 21:52   #7039
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I just did some maths and it looks like this setup is going to cost a bit more than I'm willing to put right now.

The morimoto's will cost around 12k and the philips bulbs/ballast are being sold at Reliance Autozone for 9500 (I confirmed that today). So, this will easily be around 30k.

I think I'll just stick to halogens and upgrade when I have the required Vitamin M to spend.

So, now my choices are Philips Extreme vision/power or Osram NB+. I want preferably yellow light so trying to do a comparison here or make an educated guess.

Also, if anyone knows of a good place to get (and fit) halogens in Gurgaon, please let me know.

I would suggest you go for the philips HID 4300K @ 9K rupees! The philips HID is a D2R type which means it is designed to fit into a reflector and work well with a reflector without causing glare. The D2S type HID bulbs are the ones to be fitted onto a projector.

If you are finally going for normal bulbs then go for Philips Xtreme vision since they are more yellowish compared to night breakers!
Old 18th March 2013, 22:29   #7040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I would suggest you go for the philips HID 4300K @ 9K rupees! The philips HID is a D2R type which means it is designed to fit into a reflector and work well with a reflector without causing glare. The D2S type HID bulbs are the ones to be fitted onto a projector.

If you are finally going for normal bulbs then go for Philips Xtreme vision since they are more yellowish compared to night breakers!
Thanks for the suggestion and personally, I'd have preferred the HID solution too (and I'm still going to research on it), but that INR 9500 cost told to me was for one headlamp (bulb and ballast). So, it will cost me 19k for both. Now it comes down to 19k vs ~ 1.5k for the halogens.

I don't drive a lot on highways and almost never at night, so I think halogens will suit me better. I'm open to suggestions and a good discussion, though.
Old 18th March 2013, 22:38   #7041
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the suggestion and personally, I'd have preferred the HID solution too (and I'm still going to research on it), but that INR 9500 cost told to me was for one headlamp (bulb and ballast). So, it will cost me 19k for both. Now it comes down to 19k vs ~ 1.5k for the halogens.

I don't drive a lot on highways and almost never at night, so I think halogens will suit me better. I'm open to suggestions and a good discussion, though.
19k is daylight robbery. Check ebay. There is one retailing for under 10k for the whole kit
Old 19th March 2013, 09:43   #7042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakasse View Post
Hi Folks,

We need to upgrade our new All new fiesta head lights. Looks like high beam has H7 bulbs and low beam has H1 bulbs. I want to put a relay and upgrade it to 90/100 w halogen as the OEM lights are very very poor for highway driving in the night. I tried at various places in bangalore and was not successful. I am even fine with upgrading the relay kit and changing the high beam bulb alone.
Kindly note that in new fiesta high and low beam are in different enclosure. Request your expert opinions.

Thanks,
Prakash.
The Philips 100/90W are H4 type bulbs i.e. dual filament.
They are not for use in the twin barrel headlamps of Fiesta.
Please do check before you purchase.

Quote:

The whole set should be around 20/22K, search the net.

Since you said you do not drive much at night, you may not need to spend so much for your headlamps. Philips XV or NB+ should suffice your purpose.

Why do you need an installer for the halogens. They are direct fit into the stock holders and you can do it yourself if you know how to replace the headlamp of your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

I personally would never recommend fitting a HID directly into the stock reflectors without projectors.

Last edited by Sommos : 19th March 2013 at 09:45.
Old 19th March 2013, 09:52   #7043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
The whole set should be around 20/22K, search the net.

Since you said you do not drive much at night, you may not need to spend so much for your headlamps. Philips XV or NB+ should suffice your purpose.

Why do you need an installer for the halogens. They are direct fit into the stock holders and you can do it yourself if you know how to replace the headlamp of your car.
Yes, halogens I can fit myself, but that's not the full story.

The full story is that I opened the back cover of my car's headlamps two days back and found out that the clamp connector and the wire is rusted. I took out the connector and now it's broke and I'm without the low beam. So, I'm also looking to now buy a wiring harness kit (roots/bausch etc). And I need a guy to fit that for me since I'm not confident enough to do that myself.

Where can I get the wiring kit in Gurgaon/Delhi, their website is not useful at all.

Last edited by sharninder : 19th March 2013 at 09:52. Reason: typo
Old 19th March 2013, 11:22   #7044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The full story is that I opened the back cover of my car's headlamps two days back and found out that the clamp connector and the wire is rusted. I took out the connector and now it's broke and I'm without the low beam. So, I'm also looking to now buy a wiring harness kit (roots/bausch etc). And I need a guy to fit that for me since I'm not confident enough to do that myself.

Where can I get the wiring kit in Gurgaon/Delhi, their website is not useful at all.
Sorry, I don't have any information about where you can get it done at Gurgaon/Delhi.

But I would have preferred to replace the broken OEM connector from the service centre rather than an after market shop.

Website was for the HID kit with bulbs.
Old 19th March 2013, 13:10   #7045
BHPian

All, please let know on below :

http://shopping.rediff.com/product/car-head-light-bulb-conversion-kit-h4-to-hid-8000k/11452205?sc_cid=inhome_newarrow_txt|topnav_automob ile|browse
Old 19th March 2013, 14:57   #7046
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to go for two auxiliary driving lights for my Punto. The cash cow is on a perennial lean phase, so I will not be able to afford brands like Hella, Lightforce, roo etc.

I have zeroed in on Neolite 1010 as a budget option - is there any other brand I should consider at similar price points (I am ready to spend as much as INR 1500 for a pair). What kind\brand of relay, wire and switch should I buy to fix these on my car?

Which will be a good place to get this fixed? I think two holes need to be drilled on the front metal beam inside the bumper and two clamps have to be manufactured to fix them - I would like to get it fixed at a good place. I stay at Bannerghetta road, but I am willing to travel if there is a good place where I can get it fixed professionally.

Should I buy them from JC road and then go to any works shop which specializes in building\preparing off road Jeeps – if it is a good idea, any leads to a place where it can be done will be much appreciated.
Old 19th March 2013, 16:29   #7047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
I am planning to go for two auxiliary driving lights for my Punto. I would like to get it fixed at a good place. I stay at Bannerghetta road, but I am willing to travel if there is a good place where I can get it fixed professionally.

Should I buy them from JC road and then go to any works shop which specializes in building\preparing off road Jeeps – if it is a good idea, any leads to a place where it can be done will be much appreciated.
Why don't you try Sachins Autoshop in Koramangla. I am not sure if he stocks Neolite. You can check for other brands at a resonable price.

I got my Figo's aux lamps fixed there and they did a neat job , although it tok a while to get the clamps fabricated, which is at a different location.

The overall result was satisfactory especially the switch fitting on the dash which was done very neatly.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2955825
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 17:39   #7048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Why don't you try Sachins Autoshop in Koramangla. I am not sure if he stocks Neolite. You can check for other brands at a resonable price.

I got my Figo's aux lamps fixed there and they did a neat job , although it tok a while to get the clamps fabricated, which is at a different location.

The overall result was satisfactory especially the switch fitting on the dash which was done very neatly.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2955825
Thank you! I really forgot that we had a seperate aux lights thread

Can you post here or PM me the price break up - for the Hella and the fixing (clamps, wiring etc). I am trying to get a rough idea before I go there.
Old 20th March 2013, 11:19   #7049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Hi sommos,

I understand that 6000K are bright and white, however if one uses them on low beam then would it still be a cause of disturbance to others ??
Also could you please direct me to where it says that using HID's without projectors is illegal ??

Cheers
HID / Xenon's were literally meant for showroom exhibit / display purpose till we Indian's "wise to" the counterfactual use of it. "Punjabi Hai har kaam zarurat se zaada karna hai"

I second the fact that they cause annoyance to the oncoming traffic, but these days its the same on every second car in North India. Where as i feel driving on LOW Beam (which is a Traffic Rule) should be religiously followed.

All said and done "It adds Class to the Thar"
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0899.jpg  

Old 21st March 2013, 20:35   #7050
Senior - BHPian

Guys, please clear my doubt.

Currently, im running philips 130/100 halogens(with ceramic holder wiring harness) in my Figo. Im planning to switch to HID's.

Now my question is will this "Philips Conv. Bulb H4 H/L 4200K 85815 P43" HID kit be brighter than my existing 130/100 halogen setup?

http://www.lighting.philips.co.in/v2...p?id=1012984#0

Please help me decide.

PS: Im also planning a upgrade to projector setup in the future, money permitting.

Most Viewed