Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2013, 11:28   #7021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post

Exact Kit I brought for my Civic Last Week .
Its Genuine.Cost me 8300 along with fitting charges.
You bought it from the same dealer on eBay ?
Old 11th March 2013, 19:04   #7022
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
You bought it from the same dealer on eBay ?
Nope..I got it from a vendor here with 6 months Warranty..I suggest you get it from a vendor directly rather than getting it Online and do get it Installed from a reliable Installer.
Old 15th March 2013, 16:40   #7023
BHPian

Mahindra Thar

Stock - Philips HID (6000 Kelvin)
Aux - Hella Rally 3000 (90w-100w Halogen)
Wing - Hella Commet (45w-55w Halogen)
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-photo0821.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-photo0823.jpg  

davidashish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 17:25   #7024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidashish View Post
Mahindra Thar

I would seriously request you to install a projector setup for your stock headlamps. I hope you realise the impact of the 6000K HID bulbs on the cars (specially the hatches and sedans) coming from opposite direction.

Moreover using HID without projector is illegal.

However, the final decision is yours.

Last edited by Sommos : 15th March 2013 at 17:27.
Old 15th March 2013, 17:40   #7025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
I would seriously request you to install a projector setup for your stock headlamps. I hope you realise the impact of the 6000K HID bulbs on the cars (specially the hatches and sedans) coming from opposite direction.

I sure agree with you.....
I guess that would be the next damage, i i've already put in over 3Lac on this beast !!
Old 15th March 2013, 19:17   #7026
BHPian

Quote:

Hi sommos,

I understand that 6000K are bright and white, however if one uses them on low beam then would it still be a cause of disturbance to others ??
Also could you please direct me to where it says that using HID's without projectors is illegal ??

Cheers
Old 16th March 2013, 12:24   #7027
BHPian

Can any one explain the difference between the 3 part nos, I didn't found on Philips website.

12342VXSM H4 12342 XV 12V 60/55W P43t-38
12342VXS2 H4 12342 XV 12V 60/55W P43t-38
12342VXB1 H4 12342 XV 12V 60/55W P43t-38

This is a part no of same bulb.
Old 16th March 2013, 16:16   #7028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Hi sommos,

I understand that 6000K are bright and white, however if one uses them on low beam then would it still be a cause of disturbance to others ??
Also could you please direct me to where it says that using HID's without projectors is illegal ??

Cheers
Without projector even the low beam will cause disturbance to the oncoming traffic. Quality projectors come with a proper cut-off that prevents the beam to go above a certain level.

Please see the article in todays newspaper : Indian Express

Regarding the second part of the question I could not find the same in the CMVR and the Motor Vehicles Act. After some searching i found that the rule no is AIS 034/2004 : Automobile lamps used in motor vehicles including construction equipment vehicles.

But the subject is too technical and beyond my understanding.

Experts may kindly provide some insight into the issue.

Last edited by Sommos : 16th March 2013 at 16:29.
Old 16th March 2013, 16:36   #7029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidashish View Post
Mahindra Thar

Thats too much of LIGHT !
As the AUX and wing lights are for off road / highway I would seriously suggest to get street legal H4 bulb , say extreme vision or Orsam NB.

also if I am not wrong both the wing and aux lamp are single filament so there cannot be any dual wattage. this would be 100W and 50W.

drive safe, with these you may be able to see the on coming traffic. but the on coming traffic may be too blind to see their way.
Old 16th March 2013, 19:04   #7030
BHPian

Quote:
Without projector even the low beam will cause disturbance to the oncoming traffic. Quality projectors come with a proper cut-off that prevents the beam to go above a certain level.

Please see the article in todays newspaper : Indian Express

Regarding the second part of the question I could not find the same in the CMVR and the Motor Vehicles Act. After some searching i found that the rule no is AIS 034/2004 : Automobile lamps used in motor vehicles including construction equipment vehicles.

But the subject is too technical and beyond my understanding.

Experts may kindly provide some insight into the issue.
Thanks for the article.

Although i do agree that without a proper cut of, even low beam may blind oncoming traffic. However that can be solved by doing a proper alignment of the lights. Also lets not forget that a 100/90 bulb in theory would actually be worse for the oncoming traffic because of its higher output than a HID bulb. Also 100/90 bulbs are illegal. Although i do agree that a projector would be beneficial to the purpose.

Regarding it being illegal to run HID's without projectors, i don't think that's correct. Because if that was the case then cars like Altis would be in trouble big time.

Cheers

Last edited by Enigmatic : 16th March 2013 at 19:20.
Old 16th March 2013, 20:46   #7031
BHPian

Okay, so finally took the plunge and ordered Osram NB+ from "autotrends.in". Good service, clarification of doubts and effective communication from the seller. However, persisting to my nature, I found a few concerning points. Attaching the images along with the concers:

1. The seller mentions he is the distributor for Osram, but as such Osram NB+ comes with no warranty except for Dead on Installation. I highly doubt this knowing that it is an officially imported item.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imag0224.jpg

2. The price I paid was Rs.799 whereas the MRP mentioned is Rs.2300. Quite hard to digest that NB+ are being sold at ~65% discount, that too Jan 2013 stock(so, no chance of stock clearance sale).
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imag0227.jpg

3. While it is claimed to be Made in Germany and imported in India by Osram India Pvt Ltd. The box also mentions "Import and distribute by : Osram (Thailand) Co. LTD". Grammatical mistake of 'distribute' instead of 'distributed' on such branded product is questionable, so is Thailand connection.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imag0225.jpg

In addition to above points, I found the box, packaging et al of high quality and there is also this genuine mark sticker as shown in the pic.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imag0226.jpg

Views of gurus, bhpians and NB+ users welcome.
Old 17th March 2013, 11:27   #7032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomshree View Post
Can any one explain the difference between the 3 part nos, I didn't found on Philips website.

12342VXSM H4 12342 XV 12V 60/55W P43t-38
12342VXS2 H4 12342 XV 12V 60/55W P43t-38
12342VXB1 H4 12342 XV 12V 60/55W P43t-38

This is a part no of same bulb.
One of the Bglr dealer for Philips told me that these denote different packages of same bulb. 12342VXB1 is single bulb packing I suppose (need to double check with what I purchased last week)
Old 17th March 2013, 20:58   #7033
BHPian

Hi Folks,

We need to upgrade our new All new fiesta head lights. Looks like high beam has H7 bulbs and low beam has H1 bulbs. I want to put a relay and upgrade it to 90/100 w halogen as the OEM lights are very very poor for highway driving in the night. I tried at various places in bangalore and was not successful. I am even fine with upgrading the relay kit and changing the high beam bulb alone.
Kindly note that in new fiesta high and low beam are in different enclosure. Request your expert opinions.

Thanks,
Prakash.
Old 18th March 2013, 11:03   #7034
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I've looked at a few HID kits (with projectors) and from what I could gather, the cheaper chinese kits mostly come with their own bulbs. Are these proprietary bulbs and will replacing them be a hassle later on?

The other option is to get a genuine philips kit (without projectors). This comes to around 9k INR and get it fitted with an aftermarket projector. Is this possible? Which projectors do you suggest? Is Morimoto (US) any good?
Old 18th March 2013, 11:59   #7035
BHPian

Guys Iam at Philips head office in Nederland , suggest some lights for my strome ) nice bright ones for my highway drives

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks