Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2013, 12:21   #7861
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Not an exact comparison. I found Phillips Rally 100/90 on par or even better than Hella 130/90. So I expect the Phillips Rally 130/100 better than Hella 130/100. The Hella is a bit whiter than Phillips Rally though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushuaia View Post
I agree, I am using Phillips 130/100 on my Zen along with Hella 550 Aux lights. I must say, Phillips has been a far superior experience.
Thanks. I have 2 Altos and 1 has the Hella 130/90 and the other has the Phillips Rally 130/100. I too found the Phillips to be much brighter. I just wanted to be sure its not just me. I'm going to stick to the Phillips henceforth .
Old 30th December 2013, 18:53   #7862
Distinguished - BHPian

After driving my wagonR for a few days since my SX4 was out on a trip with my dad, I got to drive the SX4 yesterday for a 200km drive in the night. After getting used to the 60/55 of WagonR, the drive with 100/90 along with fog lamps really made a hell of a difference. Before I used to drive both cars alternatively so I couldnt really make out of the difference. The rallys in my SX4 have been doing duty from more than two years. Might change them shortly as a precautionary measures. These are the German made bulbs and not the china or Indian replicas.

The difference with the rallys is whiter light, and a consistent spread. I did not feel the need for using high beam. In narrow roads, or two lane roads, I used high beam only to signal truckers to dip their beams. Overall a thumbs up for me.
Old 31st December 2013, 13:34   #7863
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
....After getting used to the 60/55 of WagonR, the drive with 100/90 along with fog lamps really made a hell of a difference. Before I used to drive both cars alternatively so I couldnt really make out of the difference.
Where did you meet that much fog around Bangalore? I am sure are not that irresponsible as to use fogs in normal visibility.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd January 2014 at 11:24.
Old 31st December 2013, 16:01   #7864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Where did you meet that much fog around Bangalore? I am sure are not that irresponsible as to use fogs in normal visibility.
Sorry, but I am NOT sure how much effective are the "fog" lamps that the companies provide now a days against actual fog. To start with, these are NOT even the yellow fog lights. But those do a stunning job of lighting up the sides & front of the bumper and helps in additional visibility. These are extremely useful in the City in the nights.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 21:21   #7865
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Sir, I dont understand what is the irresponsibility in using fog lamps without foggy conditions. I dont think fog lamps that the manufacturers provide here are really meant for fog, considering their range or effectiveness. It just does a good job in illuminating the immediate front of the car, and the sides. And I dont think it causes any hindrance to oncoming vehicles given its intensity. Definitely safer than a pair of 60/55w on high beams.

MSIL gives puny 35w fogs when compared to 55w given by Suzuki in the same foreign versions. That may be considered effective in improving visiblity but what I have got in my car are just good for a few meters up front. Nothing more. They market it as 'Vision plus' lamps in MGA and it is meant to increase overall visiblity. Fog lamps is a generic name they term it as.

Last edited by audioholic : 31st December 2013 at 21:24.
Old 1st January 2014, 02:28   #7866
BHPian

Am looking for h9 or h11 bulbs stock color in 80 or 100 watts but prefer 80 watts.

My stock bulbs are 65w and are pathietic when i tour and in early morning times espically with the mild fog building up in bangalore during winters

Anyone have a clue where i can get them.

Last edited by Harish.Krovvidi : 1st January 2014 at 02:28. Reason: Spelling
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:16   #7867
BANNED

Quote:
Sir, I dont understand what is the irresponsibility in using fog lamps without foggy conditions. I dont think fog lamps that the manufacturers provide here are really meant for fog, considering their range or effectiveness. It just does a good job in illuminating the immediate front of the car, and the sides.
I agree that the stock holders for fogs can be far better.

However, I have seen plenty of cars with very bright fog lamps blinding oncoming traffic. I can onjly curse them! Fog lights are designed for diffuse lighting and even the stock ones do a pretty good job.

One must not confuse fog lights with (rally style) driving lights which give a powerful beam. Let me point out that UK (home of fog) outlawed fog-lamps mounted above a certain height in the late 1970's. None of our roof mounted spots there!

I use my fogs lights only in adverse lighting (ie mist / fog), or maybe very heavy rain where the backscatter can be an issue. In these conditions I may sometimes switch to parking lights + fogs.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 21:24   #7868
BHPian

I am planning of upgrading my WagonR VXi's headlamps to AES Projector Headlamp Setup as i find the stock bulbs 65/55w to be too poor to even handle city traffic lighting conditions. I just happen to get in touch with a person called Mr. Amit who is from New Delhi and deals with AES Projector Headlamps HID Kits, his contact number is 9871490280. He is a gentleman who cleared all my doubts and also said that he can ship the kit to any city across India through express courier service.
He has told me that a pair of AES Projector Headlamps including all the wiring harness, Ballasts etc., would cost me Rs.8500 for a set of 2 for my WagonR including the shipping cost to Bangalore.
Can some one please let me know if it is okay to go for it. Please share more information on the same!
Thank You fellow Team-BHPian's in Advance!
Regards,
Rakshith.
Old 3rd January 2014, 22:08   #7869
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshith220 View Post
find the stock bulbs 65/55w to be too poor to even handle city traffic lighting conditions
If this is your major concern, then upgrade to a Philips 90/100. I changed from the stock bulbs to 90/100 on my WagonR Vxi and the visibility and spread is very good. Did some night driving between Krishnagiri - Bangalore and was 80% of the time on low beam as it was more than sufficient.
Bulbs cost 240 each and the relay for the same should cost 1K
Old 3rd January 2014, 23:18   #7870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
If this is your major concern, then upgrade to a Philips 90/100. I changed from the stock bulbs to 90/100 on my WagonR Vxi and the visibility and spread is very good. Did some night driving between Krishnagiri - Bangalore and was 80% of the time on low beam as it was more than sufficient.
Bulbs cost 240 each and the relay for the same should cost 1K
Thank You for your interest PROCR.
I agree that the 100/90w bulbs with a relay will be quite adequate but i am worried about the stock headlamp's plastic doom getting discolored or pale colored as i have seen in many cars due to immense heat produced by the 100/90W bulbs! So i thought of upgrading to Projectors as i have them stock in my BAJAJ pulsar 220F and i am very satisfied with its illumination and throw of light beam and most importantly they have not caused any discoloration of my bike's doom though it is a 55W bulb used in the stock projectors of my bike and what i am installing on my car is 35W each! So there is no issues of doom discoloration at all!
BTW can you kindly post 1 or 2 recent pics of your WagonR's headlamps and since when are you using these 100/90w bulbs in your car?
Rakshith

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by bblost : 3rd January 2014 at 23:46.
Old 5th January 2014, 09:55   #7871
BHPian

Hi All, I have an igen i20 sportz model. I am planning to upgrade the stock headlights to 100/90w as I am not satisfied with it's performance on the highways since I do lots of highway driving. I checked with local accessories shop but all of them told that they do not have high power available for igen i20. I do not want to buy Osram night vision or Philips xtreme vision. How could I upgrade headlights for latest i20? Please help me on this.
Old 5th January 2014, 11:35   #7872
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i am worried about the stock headlamp's plastic doom getting discolored or pale colored
Do not remember reading about this on the Forum. Will let others who have used the 90/100s over a longer period of time reply to this.

Quote:
BTW can you kindly post 1 or 2 recent pics of your WagonR's headlamps and since when are you using these 100/90w bulbs in your car?
I have been using the 90/100 for the last 1 month or so. Attaching latest pics of car headlights
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-l1.1.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-l2.jpg
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 11:53   #7873
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Rakshith

]
Hi,
I have been using 100/90 from three years. The headlamp assembly still looks as sparkling as new 'after' a wash only

Note that the yellowing is caused due to UV light and the crackling is caused due to heat. If you use an imported bulb of phillips or osram you will not face yellowing issue. If your headlamp assembly has a heat shield inside, you wont have the cracking issue too. Mine satisfues both requirements and hence no problem till date.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 12:02   #7874
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you use an imported bulb of phillips or osram you will not face yellowing issue.
what do you mean by imported bulb?Can you clarify? I picked up mine locally but made sure that it was an unopened original philips bulb.

Quote:
If your headlamp assembly has a heat shield inside, you wont have the cracking issue too
NooB question. How do you check this?
Old 5th January 2014, 12:09   #7875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Has anyone compared the Hella 130/90 and the Philips Rally 130/100 bulbs?
Yes. Found the Rally 130 much better. Have got them fitted to both my cars and am pretty satisfied.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks