Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2013, 12:47   #7291
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
+1 to that. Exactly the reason I'm apprehensive about installing NB+ in my car. Are there any laws on colour temperature? The cops out on the road don't have the means to check the wattage. When they're out on one of the enforcement drives, they'll flag you down for anything that looks different from the usual on a A, B, C segment vehicle. The beemers may get away with it.
Interesting, as the colour temperature quoted is 3600K. This is never a problem but the blue coating on the glass may give a white tint to the beam.

I believe I am most probably going for these. I will update this thread.

http://www.osram.com/osram_com/produ...Id=ZMP_1019922
Old 31st May 2013, 12:49   #7292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derezzed View Post
Update: I visited the nearby 3M Car Care and they had a look at my headlight lens glass. As per them the scuffing and discolouration is on the inside of the glass. They'll not be able to do any polishing or restoration on the inside. They asked me to replace the entire assembly :(

Took the car to a nearby mechanic and he mentioned that he can polish and remove the smudges on the inside of the glass after removing the entire glass assembly from the body. I don't know whom to believe now.

Derezzed, in the modern cars the headlight assembly comes as a sealed unit. If you see some damage in the reflector or on the inside, then it may happen only if the glass is opened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@Derezzed; Such fixes have been reported on the forum, and are not too uncommon. Only watch out that the chap seals it back properly.
As already said by SGIITK, what the mechanic says is possible, theoritically. If you feel confident give it a try or else you have no other way but to change the whole assembly, which is costly.

As an alternate option, you can evaluate installing projector with HID in the existing assenbly.
Sommos is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2013, 13:57   #7293
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Thanks sgiitk Sir. By any means do you know the colour temperature of NB+.

I do not bother about bugging me but they become cop magents and we tend to get fined.
Philips claim it is legal in all countries of the world. It is not visibly blue by any imagination. NB+ and XV are effectively the same.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2013, 15:53   #7294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRider View Post
Hello BHPians,
I need a little help. I'm looking to upgrade the stock headlamp of my new Ritz.

The problem is that low beam falls too close to the car and I spot the potholes and car-breakers too late when driving above 40kmph. This is after the headlamp levelling adjustment is set as far as it would go.

My requirement is this:
1. I always use low beam. High beam is only for signalling. So I need the low beam to go some distance.
2. Legal wattage. I don't want to blind incoming vehicles.
3. I'm only changing bulbs. No projectors, so I guess HID bulbs are a bad idea. I don't really care what colour the light is. Illumination is all that matters.

Can you guys please suggest some good options and their expected market rates?

Thanks a lot.
I upgraded my Ritz to Philips extreme vision ( rs 900 a pair @ Bglr) few months back and I am completely satisfied. Did two tests to check its effectiveness .
1. Put stock bulb in one headlight and Philips on other. Checked the light intensity of each by blocking other with a cloth - I could see that the claim of 40% extra light is true(I understand there could be focussing differences, but the light difference was obvious)
2. Same headlight with both bulbs changed, measured the light intensity with my smartphone and I could see extreme vision scoring.

If you don't want to spend on extreme vision, then Philips long life ( denoted as LL in Philips product listing) is a good and cost effective option.
arjithin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 14:50   #7295
BHPian

Ended up buying both the NB+ and Philips XV.

A pair of NB+ for my i10 and one Philips XV for my Avenger as the NB+ is supposedly not available as singles.

I paid 950 for the NB+ and 500 for the One XV.

The Osram is made in Germany and the Philips is from Poland.

Initial observation - Beams from both bulbs look certainly whiter than the previous ones in both high and low beam.

I will post some pictures of the beams once it turns dark.
Old 1st June 2013, 22:15   #7296
Senior - BHPian

I have a Suzuki GS150R with a 35/35W HS1 headlight bulb (Halonix) which is alternator driven. The low beam is very weak. Any suggestions on how to upgrade this one? Preference is not to change wiring.
Old 2nd June 2013, 16:08   #7297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I have a Suzuki GS150R with a 35/35W HS1 headlight bulb (Halonix) which is alternator driven. The low beam is very weak. Any suggestions on how to upgrade this one? Preference is not to change wiring.
You can try Philips Premium 35/35 to start with. It gives a better light output than stock.
If you are still not happy the only options are to alter the coil and go for 60/55W else a HID.

Both will impact your warranty.

IMO Philips Premium is a good start.
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:21   #7298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
I have put H4 OSRAM NB yesterday on my Wagon R. The difference in distance of light throw is remarkable and also the light is much more than Stock OE Phillips Bulbs.
OSRAM NB costs Rs.2000/- for a pair. Phillips Extreme Vision costs Rs.1280/- per pair.
I decided to go with OSRAM NB.

Thanks for advice.

Regards,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
For a pair of OSRAM NB+ I paid Rs. 2000/- . The MRP was Rs. 2300/- The Pack was latest and sealed with 3D Hologram. What I could see was the MRP sticker was from the company only.
Quote:
Ended up buying both the NB+ and Philips XV.
A pair of NB+ for my i10 and one Philips XV for my Avenger as the NB+ is supposedly not available as singles.
I paid 950 for the NB+ and 500 for the One XV.
The Osram is made in Germany and the Philips is from Poland.
Initial observation - Beams from both bulbs look certainly whiter than the previous ones in both high and low beam.
I will post some pictures of the beams once it turns dark.
A few weeks back someone bought a pair of NB+ @ 2K.
Now you got a pair @ Rs. 950.00.

Fail to understand the situation, 100% variation in price.
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:52   #7299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post

I think it depends on the dealer. I bought it in a store which is well known and also situated in GP road, the automobile accessory corner of Chennai.

There is also one retailer very close to my house who sells it for 1600/-

These are imports, so mostly there is no MRP Printed.
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:54   #7300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post

And I have bought it last week from autotrends.in for rs.799. This is for a pair of H4 NB+, made in Germany sealed pack with 3D Hologram and all. The mrp sticker (pasted by Osram India - the importer) on the pack was rs.2,300 and auto trends sells it for rs.799. I am reasonably sure it's not a fake.

Last edited by amit1234singla : 3rd June 2013 at 10:55.
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 11:46   #7301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think it depends on the dealer. I bought it in a store which is well known and also situated in GP road, the automobile accessory corner of Chennai.

There is also one retailer very close to my house who sells it for 1600/-

These are imports, so mostly there is no MRP Printed.
I have my doubts here.
These are impoted into India either by Osram India or by Philips India and do have the sticker with all details of manufacturer, importer and the MRP.
Old 4th June 2013, 12:33   #7302
BHPian

I got myself Osram NB+ H4 for my Figo, The price quoted by the accessory shop guy was 2k. I told him about the price from autotrends, he said he will check with his distributor and get the money from me later.

As quoted by others, NB+ definetly gives some improvement over OEM bulbs, The reach is bit more longer and brighter than OEM, i can FEEL the difference for sure atleast in my Figo.

One cannot expect the whole lotsa difference, but can definetly feel the upgrade over OEM.

I'am planning to add HID on fogs in future, anybody tried this before?

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 4th June 2013 at 12:34.
Old 4th June 2013, 17:56   #7303

Hi, I have upgraded my Alto's stock headlights with Philips 100/90 with a relay kit. The illumination has increased considerably, however I observed that the headlight levelling adjustment doesn't work anymore.

Is this normally the case or I can get it rectified. Also can I make the necessary change myself ?

Alaap

Kindly advise...
Old 4th June 2013, 17:58   #7304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
I have not boutght anything on epitstop myself but this link was shared by Vid a few pages back. Not sure if he has used it or not.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3036236

Carkhana is a reliable site as I have used them once. Delivery was through blue dart within 2-3 days. Check this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-gear-etc.html

NB+ in H4 type is not that costly. Other types are expensive I think and there is minimal discount. E.g h7 is 1,600 mrp.
I had brought a pair of Philips Night vision H7 Bulbs from epitstop. The transaction was smooth, and the shipping was fast. Had a chance to interact with one of the guys, seems like three friends from IT background bitten by car bug started this venture!

i would recommend them for others as well.
Old 4th June 2013, 19:49   #7305
BHPian

Its normal only at places where they don't pay attention to what they do.

Jokes aside, take it back and have them look at the wiring again. I don't know if the levelling motor has a separate power supply in your car, but if it does, have it checked.

Else its probably a bust fuse.

Also ensure that the dust cap is properly sealed. If not, you will most certainly have fogged lamps during the monsoon season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaap View Post
Hi, I have upgraded my Alto's stock headlights with Philips 100/90 with a relay kit. The illumination has improved a lot however the headlight levelling adjustment is not working now.
Is this normally the case or I can get it rectified. Also can I fix the same myself?

Kindly Advise...

Alaap

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks