Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2013, 11:37   #7231
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with the scattering of light. Even though I rarely drive on highways, I definitely don't find the lights upto my expectations from a 15 lakh+ vehicle. Add the 90/100 watts used by many other users and rapid driving is nearly impossible on 2 lane highways!

55/60 watts is mandated by the CMV Rules/Act and no India manufactured car can exceed this wattage legally.

By the way, be careful of what accessories you see at GM dealers. Not all are approved unless it specifically states so on the packaging. I have seen multiple dealers stock a lot of stuff casually. They may or may not be 'approved'. For example, I would be very surprised if the RD box is approved without extensive testing!

Even projectors will not have any warranty - globally, the Cruze does not have these as standard even on the top variants. So all 'warranty' will be from the dealer!
The dealer I bought the car from was insisting that I change the lights to the projectors that he had even before I took delivery. But I just loved the car as it was and didn't want to change a thing then. So I didn't even bother to ask if it was GM approved. Ditto with the tuning box.

The only reason I am considering the lights now is because of what we have discussed earlier. I will definitely check the warranty part before I really decide to go for either of them. Thanks.
Old 23rd May 2013, 16:05   #7232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
I would recommend that you try some of the newer bulbs like Osram NB, Phillips Extreme first. I have found these bulbs to be really good in all driving conditions. If not satisfied with these, then go for an upgrade.

I have put H4 OSRAM NB yesterday on my Wagon R. The difference in distance of light throw is remarkable and also the light is much more than Stock OE Phillips Bulbs.
OSRAM NB costs Rs.2000/- for a pair. Phillips Extreme Vision costs Rs.1280/- per pair.
I decided to go with OSRAM NB.

Thanks for advice.

Regards,
Old 23rd May 2013, 17:29   #7233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
I have put H4 OSRAM NB yesterday on my Wagon R. The difference in distance of light throw is remarkable and also the light is much more than Stock OE Phillips Bulbs.
OSRAM NB costs Rs.2000/- for a pair. Phillips Extreme Vision costs Rs.1280/- per pair.
I decided to go with OSRAM NB.

Thanks for advice.

Regards,
Just an observation - did you actually pat rs 2,000 for H4 Osram NB+. The MRP for this is rs.1,150 and it's usually available for rs.800 or so. Check this link or search ebay.in or snapdeal.com.

http://www.autotrends.in/index.php/e...4-12v-55w.html
Old 23rd May 2013, 17:52   #7234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Just an observation - did you actually pat rs 2,000 for H4 Osram NB+. The MRP for this is rs.1,150 and it's usually available for rs.800 or so. Check this link or search ebay.in or snapdeal.com.

http://www.autotrends.in/index.php/e...4-12v-55w.html
For a pair of OSRAM NB+ I paid Rs. 2000/- . The MRP was Rs. 2300/- The Pack was latest and sealed with 3D Hologram. What I could see was the MRP sticker was from the company only.
Old 24th May 2013, 12:11   #7235

Hi BHPians,

Request your kind advice to my Indica Vista VX for which am planning to upgrade the lights. Have gone extensively through most posts and have planned to fit Philips Essential Power H1's and H7's.

I got in touch with A.K Traders and directly spoke with Mr. Sunil Kumar - He gave me the prices for each bulbs as:
H1 - 100 Watts Philips Power Essential (Rally) = Rs 145/-
H7 - 80 Watts Philips Power Essential (Rally) = Rs 275/-

Am a newbie to this forum and this is my first post. Request kind advice.

1. When asked Mr. Sunil Kumar he mentioned that there is no Philips Relay kit available for H1 and H7 configuration. Is this True?

2. He also went ahead and said that relay will not be required since the bulbs work on different filaments and no risk of burn out. Is this True too?

3. If i need to fit a relay kit, Any good place that it can be done? What Make, Price etc?

4. In some posts have read that if a relay kit is fitted, warranty should not be a problem if there is no wire cutting or slicing - Wiring to be done separately to battery points. Is this true too?

Help and advice required
Old 24th May 2013, 12:43   #7236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion_Vista View Post
Hi BHPians,

Request your kind advice to my Indica Vista VX for which am planning to upgrade the lights. Have gone extensively through most posts and have planned to fit Philips Essential Power H1's and H7's.

Am a newbie to this forum and this is my first post. Request kind advice.
Let me try and help you out.
1. When asked Mr. Sunil Kumar he mentioned that there is no Philips Relay kit available for H1 and H7 configuration. Is this True?
You get Philips relay kit for H1/H7 configuration or atleast in the past. My friends have used this before.

2. He also went ahead and said that relay will not be required since the bulbs work on different filaments and no risk of burn out. Is this True too?
Always better to go for a ceramic holder, relay and proper wiring harness.

3. If i need to fit a relay kit, Any good place that it can be done? What Make, Price etc?
Dont know which shop to go but you will find plenty in JC road. If you dont get Philips, try Hella.

4. In some posts have read that if a relay kit is fitted, warranty should not be a problem if there is no wire cutting or slicing - Wiring to be done separately to battery points. Is this true too?It's connected to the battery and will not involve fiddling with OE wiring. Warranty will be safe as long as you dont play around with stock wires.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 13:01   #7237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion_Vista View Post
...Request your kind advice to my Indica Vista VX for which am planning to upgrade the lights. Have gone extensively through most posts and have planned to fit Philips Essential Power H1's and H7's....
Please double check before you buy, I believe Vista facelift model with double barrel headlamps (same as manza) uses H7 bulbs in both high and low beams. This is the case at least in my 2010 manza. Not sure if they changed recently.
Old 24th May 2013, 16:22   #7238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
For a pair of OSRAM NB+ I paid Rs. 2000/- . The MRP was Rs. 2300/- The Pack was latest and sealed with 3D Hologram. What I could see was the MRP sticker was from the company only.
The prices have shot up like anything.
I bought a pair of H1 and H7 for this price only five / six months back.
Old 24th May 2013, 22:52   #7239

Thanks naveen.raju and amit1234single for your valuable help. Appreciate your timely reply. Well i got in touch with a dealer at JC Road - "Add On The Car Accessory Super Store", Got their number from Just Dial - 08023333333. They seem to have 4 Stars with 83 people rating them.

This is very interesting - The True power of Team-BHP.

I called a mobile number from Just Dials SMS list, Mr. Hari from "Add On", gave me a estimate of 1500 Approximately.

I got in touch with their land line - 08022224669 and the moment the phone got picked up my request was for Branded Relay kit like Philips and Wiring Assembly + Ceramic Holders + 2 Bulbs of H1 Essentials Power Rally 100 Watt, The guy said hold on - This is when i stepped in and mentioned to him that am a Team-BHP Member . There was a sudden pause from his end and them i could hear some mum-erring of "Team-BHP", immediately he took my contact number and name and said will call back in 5 minutes. Trust me within 5 minutes he called back and gave me the Quotation as:
1. Branded Relay kit like Philips and Wiring Assembly + Ceramic Holders = 750/-
2. Two Bulbs of H1 Essentials Power Rally 100 Watt = 2 * 160 = 320
3. Fitting Charges = 100/-
Total estimate = 750+320+100= 1170/-

Note: I already bought 2 pairs of H7's of Philips Essentials Power - Rally 80 Watts from Favara shop located at AECS Layout, Brook-fields. I paid 550 per bulb , After paying it i realized that got fleeced very badly.

I am planning to go to "Add On The Car Accessory Super Store" tomorrow morning and get the fitments done. Will keep you guys posted with pictures.

Dear Moderators, BHPians,
It gives me immense pleasure to be a part of such a wonderful community that has so so much respect in the Market that Shop people fear to cheat, dare to fleece customers and do their jobs well earnestly. This is not a days, weeks or months job in creating this sort of Brand Image. Keep it up BHPians !!! Team BHP Rocks

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th May 2013 at 01:25. Reason: Only 2 smileys per post allowed. Please read the board rules before proceeding further, thanks
Scorpion_Vista is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2013, 10:00   #7240
BANNED

Saw a report on the other forum that in a few cities RTO is starting to check the intensity of the lights. So watch out!
Old 25th May 2013, 15:22   #7241
Senior - BHPian

From today's Newspaper.

Kerala motor vehicle dept is procuring light meters to identify vehicles with illegal bulbs (halogen or HID with higher wattage than allowed). These will be given to squads on the road to measure the light intensity and book charges against violators. No details are given on what are the levels of allowable lux/lumens other than the bulb wattage. No details on implementation plan as well.

I think this is a good move, I was blindfolded n number of times by those 6 eyed 100/130w bulb trucks/volvos or cars with extra lights.

People with Malayalam knowledge can read the original news article here- Mathrubhumi
Old 26th May 2013, 13:42   #7242
BHPian

Well, this is slightly off topic.
I spotted this Evalia last night and i thought it is worth a share!
2 Headlamps + 2 OEM Fog lamps + 4 Aftermarket Fog lamps + 2 DRLs.
Which sums it up to 10!!
The oncoming traffic will have some serious problems if this guy switches on his lights!

Name:  ForumRunner_20130526_134146.png
Views: 1369
Size:  271.2 KB
saadat1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2013, 16:14   #7243
Senior - BHPian

I installed the lamps as a DIY yesterday. I got the clamps welded from a garage but did the install myself.

Integrated the driving lamps relay and harness into the headlamp relay kit harness and wired it in such a way that the hellas come on when i put the high beams.

There are no switches installed for the hellas since i wanted to keep the wiring simple and short. I don't plan to use the extra lights inside city so i'm keeping the relay (micro relay) out. When i need the lights for highway usage i'll put the relay in, can do this with either relay or the fuse. The connections are all soldered and insulated with double layer of heat-shrink tubing. Wire is passed through the corrugated plastic sleeve.

Clamps - Heavy gauge strip.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130525_171700.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130525_171707.jpg

Fuse cluster - high beam, low beam and aux light
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130525_171720.jpg

Micro relay in its socket
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130525_171726.jpg

Lights
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130525_190203.jpg
Sankar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 16:56   #7244
BHPian

Hey All,

I recently changed my Wagon R CNG -Head Light Bulbs to OSRAM NB+ 60/55W . Now I have 2 stock Headlight OE Bulbs with me. Want to do a MOD of adding Foglamps.
Can I use these 60/55W bulbs in these 2 Foglamps? I have not upgraded the Head lights to 100/90W.

Regards,
Old 27th May 2013, 18:12   #7245
Distinguished - BHPian

The stock fog lamps of WagonR come with H8 bulbs. So you cannot fit a H4 bulb in it. Most aftermarket fog lamps also come in single filament setups so the best thing you can do with the bulbs is keep them as spare.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks