Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2022, 18:26   #361
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse

Had to go to a place with suspect parking today. Was pouring cats & dogs and Ubers these days have become so sad (rattling, smelly), they just kill the mood. So I took the family beater out.

Drives nice for a 10 year old beater. A+ driveability from this workhorse engine, soft suspension, nice space. Doesn't drive tight anymore as we literally use it like a beater and spend minimal effort on its upkeep, but again, drives decently for a decade-old beater. Despite having been through 2 floods and being driven by 100 people, it still hasn't broken down on us even once. Just runs & runs. Although, since my bro bought the Superb, the Sunny's running has literally become zero. Just local runs by my bro to the gym (2 km), when friends want to borrow a car etc.

Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse-20220621-15.45.04.jpg

Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse-20220621-15.45.22.jpg

Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse-20220621-15.45.35.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 21st June 2022 at 18:29.
GTO is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 16:03   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
So I took the family beater out.
That car docent look like a typical beater I don't see any dings or marks anywhere! The Body line also looks perfect and paint is in very good condition.
Captain Slow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 10:13   #363
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
That car docent look like a typical beater
Yeah, it does look good for an abused beater, although you will see some battle scars in person. What the Sunny does best is take all the abusive tasks, so that our other nicer cars stay in top shape. The Sunny is a 2012 build while the 530d is a 2013. But there is a world of difference in how they drive. The Sunny does feel abused when you drive it (been through two floods as well), while the 530d feels very tight + still new. The 530d drives like a 2-3 year old car.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 16:13   #364
BHPian

Quote:
The Sunny does feel abused when you drive it (been through two floods as well), while the 530d feels very tight + still new. The 530d drives like a 2-3 year old car.
There's the difference between the legendary German build quality!

Out of curiosity, do you plan on keeping the Sunny for a few more years or are you planning a replacement any time soon?
Old 10th July 2022, 09:32   #365
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
Out of curiosity, do you plan on keeping the Sunny for a few more years or are you planning a replacement any time soon?
No plans to sell it currently as its reliable, a great beater and barely used once a week as a local runabout (so no point spending on a replacement). We had a brunch yesterday at a cousin's place with street parking, so took the Sunny again.

Unless she starts giving major reliability issues due to the 2 flood damages, I think the Sunny is going to be around for a couple of years.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 17:49   #366
BHPian

Quote:
No plans to sell it currently as its reliable, a great beater and barely used once a week as a local runabout (so no point spending on a replacement). We had a brunch yesterday at a cousin's place with street parking, so took the Sunny again.

Unless she starts giving major reliability issues due to the 2 flood damages, I think the Sunny is going to be around for a couple of years.
Absolutely brilliant car. My Car - Same year and same colour - will comeplete 10 years next month. 1.2 lakh kms donw - thankfully never had flood damage. Maintenance at Sunil shanbaug has ensured that the car runs very well with zero engine troubles till date. I do plan to keep it running for another 2-3 years atleast
mentalmaxout is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 15:01   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalmaxout View Post
Absolutely brilliant car. My Car - Same year and same colour - will comeplete 10 years next month. 1.2 lakh kms donw - thankfully never had flood damage. Maintenance at Sunil shanbaug has ensured that the car runs very well with zero engine troubles till date. I do plan to keep it running for another 2-3 years atleast
10 years apart . Still works like a charm. Completed 1.2 lakh kms and can easily do another 50k
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse-img20220819wa0002.jpg  

mentalmaxout is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks