Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2017, 10:19   #331
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalmaxout View Post
I have got it serviced now twice, once at Sunil Shanbaug Garage and one at a local AC mechanic - However the problem stlll has not disappeared completely.
What is the exact problem? Take it back to Shanbagh. I got my air-con fixed from him the last time and it's working flawlessly.

Quote:
Also I have noticed since past 2-3 fuel top ups, the car mileage has dropped drastically by close to 30%
That's quite a drastic drop. However, instead of range, measure your exact FE in the tankful-to-tankful method. Check exact kmpl.

If there is indeed a drop, it could be due to a variety of reasons; hopefully, something as simple as a bad air filter or low tyre pressure.
Old 18th October 2017, 13:52   #332
GTO
Team-BHP Support

My poor Sunny had gone swimming in the Mumbai floods. Sharing the 1st estimate (still have to check & bargain) so one gets an idea of the kind of work to be done after a car is parked in a flood.

Bill.xlsx

GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 14:13   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My poor Sunny had gone swimming in the Mumbai floods. Sharing the 1st estimate (still have to check & bargain) so one gets an idea of the kind of work to be done after a car is parked in a flood.
I can see a Bolt (petrol?) parked ahead of the Sunny. I believe it also belongs to someone known to you. If possible can you share the kind of damage that car suffered and the expenses for the same? It could give us some idea of a sedan vs. hatchback or diesel vs. petrol or, some other insights.
Old 18th October 2017, 15:08   #334
BHPian

Hi @GTO sir,
Thankfully the Sunny didn't suffer from any major damage due to the flood. The bill seems okay to me and I can foresee there's some scope of negotiation in the estimate. Keep us updated on this front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I can see a Bolt (petrol?) parked ahead of the Sunny. I believe it also belongs to someone known to you. If possible can you share the kind of damage that car suffered and the expenses for the same? It could give us some idea of a sedan vs. hatchback or diesel vs. petrol or, some other insights.
If I remember correctly, the Bolt belongs to the brother of @GTO. @GTO sir please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by Varun_HexaGuy : 18th October 2017 at 15:14. Reason: Adding a point :)
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 09:34   #335
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I can see a Bolt (petrol?) parked ahead of the Sunny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
If I remember correctly, the Bolt belongs to the brother of @GTO.
Yes, belongs to my best friend. Bolt needed nothing more than a good cleanup. Because it was parked all the way inside, it suffered the least.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 13:23   #336
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'd like to say that the Sunny is the same after the floods, but it simply isn't. Has been to Shanbagh twice since.

The steering is a bit harder than before, some warning lights keep coming and going, from time to time some noises keep coming up....it's going to take a lot of visits to bring her back to how she was.

Flood water is like cancer for a car.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2018, 15:08   #337
GTO
Team-BHP Support

What DUMB ads - is this what Nissan has come down to? Who is heading their marketing department? A 10th-grader?

From Motorbeam.com:
Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse-nissanmockshondainsunnyad.jpg

Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse-nissansunnyadtargetsskodarapid.jpg
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th January 2018, 15:21   #338
Senior - BHPian

Remember "The city makes way for the Ciaz" ad?
My guess is that they are trying to imitate that (and doing a poor job of it, no doubt!)
Old 13th January 2018, 15:39   #339
BHPian

Quote:
What DUMB ads - is this what Nissan has come down to? Who is heading their marketing department? A 10th-grader?
]

I think they couldn't find any similar ad slogans for Verna, Vento and Ciaz. Funny.

KK
Old 26th January 2018, 15:59   #340
BHPian

Hi guys need help

Have lost the Nissan Sunny remote key... M dropped out of the pocket. While I do have the spare manual key, it does not enable central locking

Ritu Nissan quoting 15k for a replacement key

Any suggestions?
Old 26th January 2018, 16:48   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalmaxout View Post
Hi guys need help

Have lost the Nissan Sunny remote key... M dropped out of the pocket. While I do have the spare manual key, it does not enable central locking

Ritu Nissan quoting 15k for a replacement key

Any suggestions?
Check with these guys ?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ri-mumbai.html
greenhorn is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 19:56   #342
BHPian

So far I face nil issues in my Sunny (ran 50k plus) and never faced the air con issue as well till now. Called up the service center for a normal service and the idiots says it can go beyond 10k!! So took it to my FNG instead and got it for half of that price since the warranty is over. What idiots!
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2018, 08:18   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Called up the service center for a normal service and the idiots says it can go beyond 10k!!
Quite annoying behavior with most of the A.S.S
Until warranty period what ever the complaint is raised by customer they have a standard reply "that's normal saar, let's check again during next service saar" & the statement will get repeated during every other service. When the vehicle is out of warranty they try ripping the customer "Saar, 'this', 'that', 'those' needs immediate replacement, else the vehicle may leave you stranded"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
took it to my FNG instead and got it for half of that price since the warranty is over.
Once the vehicle is out of warranty and we get a trusted source outside, there is no point in visiting A.S.S for regular service and body work. My car will be out of warranty in couple of months and the next service will be done at FNG only.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 07:01   #344
BHPian

Anyways....have a very dependable A/C mechanic I know for a long time. He did all the work on my other cars and at a substantial price difference compared to service center. So any issues with A/C and I go straight to him.
Old 7th May 2018, 19:37   #345
BHPian

Hey GTO. What was the cost of the cooling oil? Afraid I have the same issue.

Quote:
Looks like air-con components are the
Sunny's weak area. While the car has otherwise been supremely reliable, the air-con has suffered its 2nd failure.

Remember last year in March, I got the evaporator replaced under extended warranty? As if on cue, in March this year, the cooling dropped drastically. Well, the cooling coil has failed.

Now that the car is out of warranty, thank goodness I no longer have to deal with Nissan stealerships. Doesn't help that Nissan doesn't have any dealerships in South or Central Mumbai anymore. Sent the Sunny over to trustworthy Mr. Sunil Shanbagh. Should be back in the evening.

Besides the failed air-con, the car is performing flawlessly. Tight engine, no rattles, no creaks. The single part showing 4 years of wear is the steering whose cladding has started to wear off. The suspension doesn't feel worn out either. As it's the beater car and doesn't see the highway, I'm going to push this suspension a little more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks