Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2013, 13:46   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Strange that Nissan would actually use the Sunny's brakes as an advantage! Even with ABS + EBD, they are so inferior to that of the Rapid / Vento.
They only mentioned the presence of the features. They didnt say how effective they are !

btw, is that car running to stand still ? The wheels are spinning ! :P
Old 15th June 2013, 17:00   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
They only mentioned the presence of the features. They didnt say how effective they are! :P
Quote:
Strange that Nissan would actually use the Sunny's brakes as an advantage! Even with ABS + EBD, they are so inferior to that of the Rapid / Vento.

Attachment 1097498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
2) Brakes are weak, however, NISSAN is recalling the SUNNY and MICRA in batches to "fix" an issue with the Brake System. I am assuming it will fix the brake-thing, though I haven't got a call yet.
I have driven the Sunny once & i endorse the same, the brakes aren't confidence inspiring at all. Reminds me of my current i10 AT & my older Accent Viva. We are in the market for a car to replace our Logan but no car seems to fit the bill. Wanted a Verna CRDi AT but with my braking experiences, will never go for a Hyundai soon. Drove the Sunny, loved the zilch turbo lag like my Logan (same family of engines, after all) & got the same eerie feeling with the brakes. OT, seems just one car has that fantastic ride quality, the Duster . But have to yet try out its braking capabilities.

Does the Sunny have Disc Brakes front & rear?
Old 20th June 2013, 12:37   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Does the Sunny have Disc Brakes front & rear?

nope. Sunny Has Discs at the Front and Drums at the rear.
Old 7th July 2013, 10:19   #199
BHPian

Quote:

Sure does! Already placed a request with the dealership. They'll be calling the car in once the part is ready for fitment.

@GTO,

Have you changed the brake cylinder on your Sunny? If you have has it given any noticeable difference?

Cheers,

Achyuth
Old 8th July 2013, 08:05   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

My Sunny ( april, 2012 model) has started making that screeching/squealing sound during braking. The car has done only 13k kms till now. I hope the brakes have not given up already. Have to take it to the service centre and see whats making the noise.
Old 8th July 2013, 10:30   #201
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
Have you changed the brake cylinder on your Sunny? If you have has it given any noticeable difference?
My bad.

My Sunny isn't part of the recall list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
My Sunny ( april, 2012 model) has started making that screeching/squealing sound during braking.
Should be dirt / foreign object caught between your pad & disk. My car is running on the original brakes @ 22,000 kms.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 11:32   #202
BHPian

Quote:
My Sunny ( april, 2012 model) has started making that screeching/squealing sound during braking. The car has done only 13k kms till now. I hope the brakes have not given up already. Have to take it to the service centre and see whats making the noise.
My sunny used to give me this squealing noise while breaking and like GTO has mentioned, it must have been due to some dust particles as the sound vanished automatically but it took some time (may be about 1000 odd kms).

I recently had given my car for second service and they did wheel balancing and alignment. I feel that the breaking has improved a wee bit. Also I used to notice a distinct thud whenever the vehicle used to go over a pothole. It was so annoying that I used to literally embrace myself when I had to go over an pothole. Also there were some annoying sounds (I think from the suspension) which used to come when driven in low speed and especially when crossing a speed breaker or a pothole and all that seem to have gone after the 2nd service and the vehicle seems to be noticeably better now. The only thing that I could correlate that could have done the change is the wheel balancing and alignment as the rest were all oil change/oil filer change in the 2nd service. I only hope that all those problems do not come back to haunt me.
Old 29th July 2013, 00:29   #203
GTO
Team-BHP Support

In reference to my earlier post on auto-locking doors, Rahul Parihar from New Delhi sends this very-useful information.

Quote:
I found the details in brochure regarding "How to activate the auto lock feature". Please find below the screenshot of the same. You can also find these details on page no. 7 (Right hand side column )of attached document as well).
Name:  image.png
Views: 2701
Size:  245.8 KB
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 08:13   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In reference to my earlier post on auto-locking doors
Power door lock switch means the remote lock button on the key?
Old 1st August 2013, 01:20   #205
BHPian

Quote:
I think it should be the lock button on the driver side door itself.
Old 2nd August 2013, 19:22   #206
BHPian

Quote:
In reference to my earlier post on auto-locking doors, Rahul Parihar from New Delhi sends this very-useful information.
Thanks a lot GTO, works like a charm on my car !

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
I think it should be the lock button on the driver side door itself.
It is the "Door lock / unlock" button which is available on the drivers door. Once the ignition switch is in the ON position, press this for ~10-15 seconds till both the indicators flash twice. This means the automatic door lock / unlock feature has been activated. As soon as the speed touches 10 kmph the doors lock automatically. I activated this on my Sunny last week
Old 6th August 2013, 15:51   #207
BHPian

I got a SUNNY XVD home on April 12 this year. The car was a Jan 2013 manufactured model. I have been chasing my dealer (Surya Nissan, Hosur Road) for the past 3 weeks regarding the Brake Component that needs to be replaced in a certain batch of vehicles. The Service Center incharge told me twice, after going through my VIN Number, that the part is yet to arrive from the factory. Last weekend I got a call from my dealer informing me that the part in question was already upgraded in my car before it was handed over to me in April.
Going by my unpleasant and unprofessional experience with the dealer (they didn't deliver on certain promises that they made in writing!!!), I am not willing to buy their theory. I told the lady that it was only sometime in May that the recall was published, then how come you replaced it in April, to which she had no answer.
Can anyone shed some more light on this please?
Old 6th August 2013, 17:14   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last weekend I got a call from my dealer informing me that the part in question was already upgraded in my car before it was handed over to me in April.

Please check your VIN against Nissan website.

Take a screen shot of the same and shoot a strong worded mail to Nissan customer care. Call them up if needed.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 18:30   #209
BHPian

Quote:
PM about it to Nissan, they will do something about it, also, the brake component is vital, so please do get it ASAP. Nissan is getting a lot of complaints these days. Hope they sort it out. Also, write a dealership experience thread in T BHP so that the guys will be aware and will help you.

Agree with thoma, take the screenshot as well!

Cheers,

Achyuth
Old 20th August 2013, 17:45   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
Also, write a dealership experience thread in T BHP so that the guys will be aware and will help you.
The same can be found here -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ence-them.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks