Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2014, 11:26   #226
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse

Great to hear that my review has been helpful to you all .

Unfortunately, not a good update on my Sunny today. There's some building work going on and debris fell right where the Sunny is parked. Rear windscreen = smashed. Luckily, there's no paint / body damage.

Getting 'Windshield Experts' on the job. Hopefully, they have one in stock else I'll have to send her to the dreaded authorised service station.
Old 21st April 2014, 19:42   #227
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
There's some building work going on and debris fell right where the Sunny is parked. Rear windscreen = smashed.
Our neighbour is doing building work and in the past 6 months, debris of various sizes have been falling inside our compound (including on the car resulting in minor dents). We had been taking up the issue with them nicely - after all, they are our neighbors.

About a month back, large pieces of metal & other debris fell inside our compound, at a place where my 3 year old son was standing just a couple of minutes back. That was the last straw - we called the cops and got them to stop construction. Now, they've resumed construction but only after they've have completely covered their building with those blue colored plastic sheets - so that debris don't fall on our side.

Don't stop at just getting them to pay for your windshield. Somebody might get seriously hurt (or worse) because of falling debris. You have to ensure that this doesn't happen again.
SmartCat is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 21:21   #228
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There's some building work going on and debris fell right where the Sunny is parked. Rear windscreen = smashed.
Sorry to hear that! I hope you get it replaced soon. Adding my 2 cents worth to what smartcat had to say.

Did the building have debris netting? Something like this:

Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse-4100006_perimeter_net_sala_na.jpg Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse-safety_netting_perimeter1.jpg

Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse-perimeterdebrsinet_2.jpg

It is considered a good practice and is expected by the construction contractor to have debris netting or a safety perimeter net around the sides of the building so that small stones, gravel or parts of concrete, rebars are collected on this net and do not fall below. A small piece of concrete piece falling from a high altitude say, the 10th storey of a building could potentially result in a fatality if it fell on someone's head! A small mass and at that velocity, it would shatter the skull.

Do not leave these guys like that.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 01:58   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

GTO: similar thing happened to the Laura recently.
Gave the car to windshield experts - returned it by evening.

Quite happy with the service. However not so with the glass as it has some deformation resulting in distorted rear visibility.
Have written to them and hoping for a smooth process to fix the issue.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 02:12   #230
BHPian

What would be the windshield cost from the authorised center? My rear light had a small crack and upon asking them the cost they reported it costs Rs 2.7k all inclusive, which was like half the cost if the Chevy Aveo rear lights.
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:43   #231
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Don't stop at just getting them to pay for your windshield. Somebody might get seriously hurt (or worse) because of falling debris.
Actually, the work going on is in my house itself . The driver mistakenly parked in a spot he shouldn't have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Did the building have debris netting? Something like this
Yep, we've had two of these since a while to protect the cars from falling coconuts.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 14:24   #232
Senior - BHPian

Anybody had issue with brake? Under normal braking, there is a huge sound like in old trucks. My car is September 2012 model. It was part or the recall in 2013 and the parts were replaced.

The problem started after about 5000KMS. Initially it starts after driving 10 KMS or so. Under normal braking, it gives this huge sound. It can be heard here https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=video%2c.mp4. I requested to forward this recording to Nissan too. Over a period of time it starts early in the drive and more frequently. I don't get it in hard braking.

I have given it to service centre multiple times, but they are unable to fix it. The sound is mostly from the rear brakes. Once I thought it was gone away after they cleaned the rear brakes. But it returned back after 4 months.

Is anybody else having the same issue. Service centre guys say this is known in some cars and they don't have a solution.
Old 4th June 2014, 14:40   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Anybody had issue with brake? Under normal braking, there is a huge sound like in old trucks. My car is September 2012 model. It was part or the recall in 2013 and the parts were replaced
Have a SUNNY XVD that is driven 17000 kms. No such issue as described by you.

Also, the car carries a 2-year warranty as standard, plus, it should not have been an year since the parts were replaced as part of the recall (in-case that part carries a separate 1-year warranty, which is highly unlikely)

Quote:
I have given it to service centre multiple times, but they are unable to fix it. Service centre guys say this is known in some cars and they don't have a solution.
You can take this in writing from the Service Manager and forward the same to NISSAN. I have seen pretty stringent checks by superiors (ranks that fall above Service Manager) during my last service in Bangalore. Talking to one of them will surely be of some help.

If not, please take it in writing - scan the copy - send it to NISSAN - and upload it here as well (i.e. the official SUNNY DIESEL review thread)!

Please let me know if I could be of any help!
Old 4th June 2014, 14:58   #234
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Param. I have 2 + 2 warranty. So I am not worried much. Next time I am at the service centre I will follow up the service centre head.
Old 4th June 2014, 15:19   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Next time I am at the service centre I will follow up the service centre head.
Call it an unsolicited advice, if you choose to, however, I suggest you visit the service center as soon as possible.

Malfunctioning brakes can have unexpected and unpleasant consequences if left unattended. And with the monsoon in the offing, it can only get worse!
Old 19th July 2014, 19:22   #236
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Bunch of monkeys, Nissan & its dealers I tell you.

The last time, they didn't even have headlamp bulbs in stock. Car had to revisit the workshop later for the bulbs only. Now, the suspension has been making a 'khat khat' noise from the front. I'm suspecting bushes or tie-rod. Just heard from my brother that they sent the car back home as whatever parts are required are 'not in stock'. They've closed now, so I'll have a word with the service advisor only on Monday.

They sell like 500 Sunnys a month and aren't able to maintain an inventory of basic parts. Which fool told these guys to aim for 25,000 cars a month in 5 years? For such basic work, I've never had a car come back home with no work done from any workshop...not even my out-of-production-since-17-years Jeep.

Shoddy after-sales aside, the car is performing well. Except for the low beam gone kaput and this new suspension noise, not a screw gone loose in nearly 35,000 kms. Same comfort, same practicality, same fuel-efficiency....

Last edited by GTO : 19th July 2014 at 19:26.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2014, 19:41   #237
BHPian

The dealers here are just idiots. They have stolen the chrome exhaust fitment from my car and have stolen my car charger. Earlier they stole two tupperware bottles as well. And after all the mess they made,they say we are not responsible. I think those support staff there are clueless about what's happening there. Recently had a fault with the A/C as well. Thank god they didn't steal the A/C filter. Got it changed as it was filled with a lot of dust and cleaning it wouldn't have worked. Total cost of service was 4500 rupees.

Thanks,

Achyuth

Last edited by Achyuth Vaibhav : 19th July 2014 at 19:56.
Achyuth Vaibhav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2014, 20:26   #238
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Except for the low beam gone kaput and this new suspension noise, not a screw gone loose in nearly 35,000 kms. Same comfort, same practicality, same fuel-efficiency....
GTO, Don't bother with getting the headlight bulbs from Nissan. they will fit some crappy bulbs and charge some stupid amount.

All you need to do is order them online. I am pretty sure the Sunny uses H4 bulbs. Look for Philips Xtreme Power or Osram Night breaker unlimited.

These will be around 1K a pair but are way better than stock bulbs. What's good is that these are 55/60W OE rated which means it doesn't do anything to your warranty.

Also, why not just replace the bulbs yourself with the spares in the glove box or have those blown as well?
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 15:00   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

The Sunny is proving to be extremely expensive to mainatin or it might be the case of the dealer fleecing us. Our 2012 sunny has completed 35k kms and was given for servicing today. According to the SA, the car needs tie rod replacement, rear brake pads and discs replacement. In addition the heater of my car has yet again conked off. It gave the same problem a year back when they changed some part. Now they want to charge me 2500 Rs for just opening the dashboard and checking for the issue again. My car is covered under warranty (2+2 years). Do I need to bear this labour cost even then?
Old 21st January 2015, 15:09   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The Sunny is proving to be extremely expensive to mainatin or it might be the case of the dealer fleecing us. Our 2012 sunny has completed 35k kms and was given for servicing today. According to the SA, the car needs tie rod replacement, rear brake pads and discs replacement. In addition the heater of my car has yet again conked off. It gave the same problem a year back when they changed some part. Now they want to charge me 2500 Rs for just opening the dashboard and checking for the issue again. My car is covered under warranty (2+2 years). Do I need to bear this labour cost even then?
Hey, is tie rod not covered under extended warranty ? It should be right as even suspension and steering parts have a 60-80 thousand kilometer warranty.

Rear brake pads so soon why ? They usually last almost double of what the front brake pads last. And discs too why ? You have juddering problem ? Or has your front brake pads worn out beyond their limits and damaged the front disc ?
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks