Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2013, 16:44   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post

I have always loved the Sunny in Blue. But prefer the looks of Scala.
Hey 'revv_maniac'

Why dont you opt for the Scala in BLUE then;

Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse-renaultscalaphoto11_640x480.jpg

IMO it is almost the same

XL vs RXL;

In addition to whatever u may get in the Sunny XL the RxL (premium of Rs 60k) will provide the following extra;

1) 15" Alloy wheels (Sunny XL rides on 14"ers)
2) Chrome plated inside door handles (excellent finish)
3) Outside temperature Display
4) No fabric on door trim

+ As we are aware the SUNNY is big time into the TAXI/CAB market & thanks to the Premium the Scala commands we dont see that happening with the Renault anytime soon

Last edited by karan561 : 2nd March 2013 at 17:13.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 17:26   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Hey 'revv_maniac'

Why dont you opt for the Scala in BLUE then;

Attachment 1057415

IMO it is almost the same

XL vs RXL;

In addition to whatever u may get in the Sunny XL the RxL (premium of Rs 60k) will provide the following extra;

1) 15" Alloy wheels (Sunny XL rides on 14"ers)
2) Chrome plated inside door handles (excellent finish)
3) Outside temperature Display
4) No fabric on door trim

+ As we are aware the SUNNY is big time into the TAXI/CAB market & thanks to the Premium the Scala commands we dont see that happening with the Renault anytime soon

If only Nissan launches a XE variant in Diesel.Their favourite right now is Indigo eCS so we can be rest assured that they wil not buy this car right now.And taxiwallas don't even know that there is brand called Nissan and a car calles Sunny.Especially in Tamil Nadu.
Old 2nd March 2013, 21:27   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...+ As we are aware the SUNNY is big time into the TAXI/CAB market & thanks to the Premium the Scala commands we dont see that happening with the Renault anytime soon
Sunny is already into taxi market? I am yet to see one in Kerala or when I was in Bangalore. I believe taxi market digging into Sunny is a waste of money; anything more than an Etios or Verito is an overkill of investment.
Old 2nd March 2013, 21:46   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
If only Nissan launches a XE variant in Diesel.Their favourite right now is Indigo eCS so we can be rest assured that they wil not buy this car right now.And taxiwallas don't even know that there is brand called Nissan and a car calles Sunny.Especially in Tamil Nadu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Sunny is already into taxi market? I am yet to see one in Kerala or when I was in Bangalore. I believe taxi market digging into Sunny is a waste of money; anything more than an Etios or Verito is an overkill of investment.
Sunny in the taxi market is news.. Have not seen any in Blr / Chennai / other parts of TN / Kerala. Saw 1 or 2 in Mumbai with yellow boards but you also see BMWs and Mercs with yellow boards so that does not mean Sunny is big time in the cab market. And I fully agree with SwiftnFurious, does not make sense for a cabbie to buy the XL version and get Climate control, air bags and steering mounted controls etc when Etios gives almost the same leg room with a powerful AC. In fact, the very reason Nissan did not launch the diesel version of XE variant was to ensure that the car did not become a cabbie's favourite.

The cabbie's favorite in Bangalore seems to be Etios and the new Dzire. Also have been seeing a few Manzas with yellow boards these days, both in Chennai and Blr (with Fast Track and Ola / Taxi For Sure fleets respectively). Looks like Tata has resorted to selling Manzas as taxis to boost sales.
aroonanand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 21:50   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Sunny in the taxi market is news.. Have not seen any in Blr / Chennai / other parts of TN / Kerala. Saw 1 or 2 in Mumbai with yellow boards but you also see BMWs and Mercs with yellow boards so that does not mean Sunny is big time in the cab market. And I fully agree with SwiftnFurious, does not make sense for a cabbie to buy the XL version and get Climate control, air bags and steering mounted controls etc when Etios gives almost the same leg room with a powerful AC. In fact, the very reason Nissan did not launch the diesel version of XE variant was to ensure that the car did not become a cabbie's favourite.

The cabbie's favorite in Bangalore seems to be Etios and the new Dzire. Also have been seeing a few Manzas with yellow boards these days, both in Chennai and Blr (with Fast Track and Ola / Taxi For Sure fleets respectively). Looks like Tata has resorted to selling Manzas as taxis to boost sales.
Who can also forget the Altis.It's one of the hot selling taxis.Maybe it's a D1.But i have seen even Mercedes C250 TaxisTotally but Nissan is an unknown brand in the taxi market.
Old 3rd March 2013, 01:08   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
Who can also forget the Altis.It's one of the hot selling taxis.Maybe it's a D1.But i have seen even Mercedes C250 TaxisTotally but Nissan is an unknown brand in the taxi market.
May be i should not have used BIG TIME yet, coz the Sunny is still fairly new in the market & it is an transition it cant happen immediate.

I said this simply because i have seen few rolling around in Mumbai as well as Delhi which had caught my attention enough to report this point & mind you the XE hasnt been launched yet after which will gain more popularity.

And theres nothing wrong in that ? Only super value for money, super reliable, super economical cars achieve that status

Infact if you read this review, GTO himself mentions the same point, check out;

Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse-untitled.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2798862

And before going anymore on this, My point was just an extension of the above where i was just focusing & trying to help 'revv_maniac' to clear his confusion on his buy decision on Sunny v/s Scala

Last edited by karan561 : 3rd March 2013 at 01:30.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:56   #172
BHPian

Hey karan561,You could have seen a Sunny with temporary registration.

I completely agree with swifnfurious. Etios and Verito only suit taxiwallas. I am yet to see one in Chennai & Bangalore.

Best,

Achyuth.
Old 3rd March 2013, 13:48   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...And theres nothing wrong in that ? Only super value for money, super reliable, super economical cars achieve that status ...
I am sure we all concur with the above point. The question we raised was on the claim of "big time" taxi market!

Two : What does Nissan offer more than Etios in the taxi segment? A bit more space? I don't think anybody would want that much extra space by paying a whole lot more. Add to it, Toyota's low cost of service, not sure Nissan would match it. So from a business point of view, to me Etios / Verito is anyday a better investment than Sunny.
Old 12th March 2013, 15:16   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I redline everything from a moped to a CBR 954, and a City Vtec to an Audi R8. But I have just given up on redlining the Nissan Sunny.
Related.

Do you know if the dCi have a rev limiter on the Micra? My Micra's red-line starts from 4500 RPM and it went well beyond 5000 and stayed there. No intermittent on-off revving at the red-line like in a petrol. Is that the intended behavior?

Quote:
Do note that the top variant with its 15" wheels will be slightly stiffer than my car (that is running on 14" wheels).
Why could this be so? Is it the bigger sidewall height that counts or is it the weight? Will this be the same with the Micra? I feel my Micra's suspension to be a bit stiffer than the test driven Micra which had 14" wheel.

Last edited by thoma : 12th March 2013 at 15:28.
Old 12th March 2013, 22:55   #175
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Why could this be so? Is it the bigger sidewall height that counts or is it the weight? Will this be the same with the Micra? I feel my Micra's suspension to be a bit stiffer than the test driven Micra which had 14" wheel.
14" to 15" is basically one inch of rubber in the tire lost and one inch gain the in the wheel so lesser sidewall rubber to absorb the bumps hence stiffer ride. The overall diameter will not change but wheel change from 14" to 15" will lead to reduction in tire height.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2013, 18:33   #176
BHPian

This is my 1st post on this forum and I am delighted to be a part of this community.

Although I wasn't a member here when we bought a Honda Jazz back home in Gujarat during Diwali 2011, but I must say that 90% of my decision making happened after reading the feed-backs of various members here.

Looking back at the decision now that the car is already 1.5 years young, I am glad that I made the right decision, and I thank you all for that!

Looks like history was to repeat itself...

I booked a Sunny Diesel XVD model last week at Surya Nissan. The loan from SBI got approved yesterday. PDI is on Sunday, followed by Registration on Monday. The delivery date has been fixed on Friday, April 12.

The Dealer experience has been outstanding so far, to say the least. They are new in the market, only 2 months old is what I learnt.

Other cars I checked out were i20 Sportz / Asta, Etios VD and Skoda Rapid.

While all the cars mentioned above excelled in one aspect or the other, I was unable to convince myself that they would turn out to be the CAR that I was looking for.

More to come. Am planning to start my own thread once I have sufficient material gathered.
Safety is Param is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:54   #177

My first post...and man am I happy to be a part of this forum!

After reading through these threads for the best part of two weeks, I finally decided to book a "Special Edition" Sunny (Diesel)

Will post pics and details as I am able to...expected date for delivery is the third week of May. \

Cheers!
Driiive! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 16:38   #178
BHPian

reading this, I booked a silver sunny as a workhorse too !
brilliantly put together review, hope the car serves you well !
rahulsingh007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 14:20   #179
GTO
Team-BHP Support

20,000 kms crossed. As a practical ride, the Sunny just grows on you with time.

Problems = Zilch
Bugs & Issues = Nada

Discovered a new feature on Saturday night : With the engine switched off, if you flash the high beam once, it immediately switches to low beam and stays on for a couple of seconds. Follow me home headlamps!
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 21:40   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Discovered a new feature on Saturday night : With the engine switched off, if you flash the high beam once, it immediately switches to low beam and stays on for a couple of seconds. Follow me home headlamps!
Cool. This update made me check on my Micra and it is there too and I never knew! A useful feature and Nissan never talked about it. It stays on for 30 sec.

Crossing 20k kms, I guess the second service is on the cards soon. The first 10k kms came up pretty quick, in almost 3 months. The next 10k kms took another 9 months. Did the beater's task got switched with anything else from your garage?

And BTW GTO, does your Sunny fall in the June 2012 - April 2013 category for the brake master cylinder replacement? Please do update any further information you come across on this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks