Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2013, 16:53   #211

Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse

Got my Sunny XV serviced for 30k kms in Shahwar yesterday.
Changed brake pads & rotors also as it was making squeeky noise.
Paid 9361.

A copy of the invoice has been attached for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse-s12.jpg  

Sidhu bangalore is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 12:24   #212
BHPian

My XVD's 1st service is due on Oct 12, however, I am planning to get it done on the weekend of september 28/29, or max by Oct 5/6.
The car has completed 5800 kms since april 12 this year.
Touchwood, but no issues exist, however, would be mentioning about the under-performing brakes so that they can atleast have a look at it.
Will they change the Engine Oil?
What other things should I look out for once the vehicle is handed over post servicing?
Should I trust them if they say that all additives have been topped up, including the battery?
Old 27th September 2013, 21:00   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
My XVD's 1st service is due on Oct 12, however, I am planning to get it done on the weekend of september 28/29, or max by Oct 5/6.
Touchwood, but no issues exist, however, would be mentioning about the under-performing brakes so that they can atleast have a look at it.
What other things should I look out for once the vehicle is handed over post servicing?
Should I trust them if they say that all additives have been topped up, including the battery?
Hi Param,
Sorry for the late reply as i couldn't check. Good to know that you don't have any issues with the car.my kind suggestion is "Be right next to your car till the entire servicing is done". Once billed nothing much can be done.
To be honest, Surya Nissan is close to my workplace than Shahwar Nissan, but your ownership thread made me think twice and finally sent to later one.
all the best and enjoy your caaaarrr...
Sidhu bangalore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 13:42   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Servicing done, please find the details at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3252447
Old 27th November 2013, 10:38   #215
BHPian

Hi GTO,

I hope the Sunny's performing on par with your expectations, and would probably be nearing 50k or more on the Odo.

Any updates / insights you think that are worth sharing?

Any items you noticed recently?

Your inputs are appreciated. Thanks!
Old 27th November 2013, 18:38   #216
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I hope the Sunny's performing on par with your expectations, and would probably be nearing 50k or more on the Odo.
No news is good news

Except for malfunctioning low beam headlamps (fuse? wiring?), there's nothing to report. Car is performing splendidly.

The running has come down though. Car's just touching 27,000 kms. Compared to the first year, the Sunny doesn't have as much running, due to lots of things moving closer to home (office, Dad's dialysis etc.).
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 14:32   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
No news is good news
Good to know that. Same applies for my vehicle as well.

Though mine has done only one-third of your car's running, I haven't experienced any issue so far in the 9000 kms on the Odo, which includes trips to Coorg, Goa, Salem and Davangere.

I admire the fantastic low rpm torque in every day Bangalore peak-hour traffic. You identify a gap and the car moves there perfectly without complaining. The low end torque is pretty helpful especially on Bangalore roads where you go up or down a slope often.

Also, the auto cruising at 40 kmph in 4th gear is something that helps me take my foot of the accelerator in low congestion areas. If the road doesn't have any major incline, it can cruise along all day long in 4th gear and 40 kmph. I like to call it Auto Cruise Control

By the way, I am steadily getting anything between 16 - 17 kmpl in my daily office commute of 25 kms. Considering Bangalore's traffic and the route I take to work, I am not complaining

Last edited by Safety is Param : 29th November 2013 at 14:37.
Safety is Param is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 16:03   #218
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am steadily getting anything between 16 - 17 kmpl in my daily office commute of 25 kms.
Likewise. Consistently getting 16 kpl in the city.

Recently, the car went to Deolali (Nasik) for 8 days. The Sunny could manage the 360 km highway round-trip, plus 7 days of commuting around Deolali, on a single tank of fuel! On the other hand, my Civic (with a bigger tank) typically needs a refill within 4 days of reaching Deolali
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 20:52   #219
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Took the Sunny out for a weekend trip to Pawna & Pune. Total trip was about 500 kms. The car returned with 4 bars of fuel still left on its 41 liter fuel tank. The Civic would have required well over a full tank of petrol for the same distance.

And mind you, I wasn't driving for fuel-economy (though the car gave 20+ kpl anyway). The Sunny impressed on this highway drive with its soft, cushy ride, peppy engine, excellent air-conditioner, spacious interiors & large boot (that the women used entirely). The zero-lag engine means it did the famous Pawna climb in 2nd gear itself! Driving through Pune traffic was a breeze due to the light controls.

If only it had gripier handling & a lively steering for my favourite Lonavla ghats.

Last edited by GTO : 4th March 2014 at 20:55.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 17:59   #220
BHPian

GTO, your review of the car was amazingly well thought out. No unnecessary praise of the car just because you own it and it's hard to come by such unbiased reads. Well.....I might be the first one here who bought a pre owned Sunny then. It's a 2012 Dec model. XV Diesel. Ran 16.5k. Got it for it 7.5 lakhs and couldn't find a new car that delivered the same as the Sunny.
I was really keen on the Vento but dad loves to stretch his legs and didn't find the place in the Vento to do that and of course we have the Honda City auto and the Honda Civic at home....so his Japanese confidence was another reason for the Sunny.
Basically we are replacing the Optra at home with the Sunny. Its our first diesel ever and boy I'm glad we did that since its a huge relief to see that fuel gauge going down very slow compared to the other 3 petrol cars at home (with the 7.5 kmpl from the civic automatic, 8.5 from the Optra and 10 from the OHC automatic). Getting 14 in absolute bad traffic in Cochin was amazing. Hope it increases like what you guys get around here (16 or so)
And yes...as you said GTO, the car is amazingly responsive. Made the Optra look like a slow poke. Still can't beat the OHC and the Civic though for sheer driving fun. And that explains why I agreed to go ahead with the Sunny instead of the Vento.
But mileage and space and low cost of ownership/running apart, the damn thing rolls like a boat on high waves. Good lord. Maybe I got spoiled by the Optra. But I just can't stand the way it 'moves'. It's comfy yes and family love it. Maybe it's the stupid JK tyres it came with. Should change that to Yoko soon, hopefully it should address at least part of the problem. Other than that, I'm glad dad insisted in going for this.
Attaching some pics of the ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse-1.jpg  

Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse-2.jpg  

Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse-3.jpg  

Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse-4.jpg  

Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse-5.jpg  

Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse-6.jpg  

Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse-7.jpg  

rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 20:48   #221
BHPian

Congrats for getting the SUNNY XVD and wish you many many happy miles!

GTO's unbiased review played a big part during my purchase as well. And to add that I am 6'3" and my dad is 6'1", there was almost no other choice available in the less-than-11 lac range. GTO's review was enough for me to clear any doubts lingering in my mind about this vehicle.

And 12 months after the purchase, there's no looking back!

The engine is an absolute gem and the overall package is much value-for-money, especially for people who want to accomodate 6 feet occupants back-to-back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
the damn thing rolls like a boat on high waves. Good lord...Maybe it's the stupid JK tyres it came with. Should change that to Yoko soon
Though I haven't driven the Fords and Fiats as much as I have driven the SUNNY, I can say that I haven't experienced a roll enough to make me uncomfortable.

Just to give you an idea on my driving style; I am not a spirited driver, but not a slow-mover either. I maintain speeds that I feel are safe enough to keep the car under control on Indian Highways.

Also, doesn't the top end come with Bridgestone tires? Mine is a Jan 2013 manufactured XVD, and came with Bridgestone (alloys) as the main tires and MRF (non-alloy) as the spare.

My experience with the SUNNY can be found here -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...bangalore.html
Safety is Param is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 21:03   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Though I haven't driven the Fords and Fiats as much as I have driven the SUNNY, I can say that I haven't experienced a roll enough to make me uncomfortable.

Just to give you an idea on my driving style; I am not a spirited driver, but not a slow-mover either. I maintain speeds that I feel are safe enough to keep the car under control on Indian Highways[/url]
I guess why I'm complaining is I compared it to the Optra which isn't exactly a corner carver but its stable at straight lines. So the very same road and normal speed I take the Optra or Civic...I tried the same with the Sunny and I felt more than normal vertical movement and sideways as well. So that's why the frustration perhaps. And nope...I'm not one of them boy racers as well. My highway speed never crosses 100 and city I never cross more than 70 at a free stretch.
I think the 2013 models came with Bridgestone. Mine is the 2012 Dec. And it depends on the batches of vehicles as well. But I'm not a fan of Bridgestone either (had them in the Optra and absolutely hated it and changed to Yoko A1 which was way superior)
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 18:30   #223
BHPian

I have a Sunny petrol. There are no issues in handling at 100 kmph. That's quite a normal speed people drive on the expressways. Perhaps you drove a car that had suspension issues.
Old 20th April 2014, 01:06   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
I have a Sunny petrol. There are no issues in handling at 100 kmph. That's quite a normal speed people drive on the expressways. Perhaps you drove a car that had suspension issues.
I know. That's what I thought too. Which is why I had it checked by my long time mechanic. He said its fine. Still not happy and took it to Nissan and they said the same too. So more frustrated! Finally just learnt to accept it for what it is. Like GTO said...its not necessarily a drivers car. Gets the job done well though. And if the road is reasonably good...then it's fine but it can't take the broken roads as good as what I used before this like the Optra or the Civic.

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 20th April 2014 at 01:08.
Old 20th April 2014, 02:12   #225
Senior - BHPian

I too took a decision based on the official Team-BHP review.

After reading the same I hired a Nissan Sunny on a recently concluded 4 day trip to GJ that involved nearly 1300+ kms of driving within the state. Drove on all sort of surfaces including NH, SH & MDR roads and I had no occasion to regret the decision, we were four adults in all including the driver & the car was spacious enough to keep us all comfortable what with the very effective air-conditioning and huge boot that took in three suitcases and couple of hand bags, the driver's bag plus a decent sized ice box and a carton of bottled water. In addition to keeping us comfortable the article helped save over 13K in car hire charges as the original choice was a Corolla with a Rs10/- per km difference in charges. So here is my BIG official thanks to Team-BHP

BTW for those who are interested the car did the 1300+ Kms journey on two tankfuls of diesel and was far more comfortable than the Innovas that we have used on similar trips earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Decision?I hadn't really test-driven the Sunny Diesel before buying it. And I state this proudly : The purchase decision was entirely based on the official Team-BHP reviews .

Last edited by khoj : 20th April 2014 at 02:13.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks