Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2015, 12:10   #271
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel Review : The Family's new workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
I was just telling another member here about the rather good service experience I had here in EVM Nissan, Kochi.
I'm glad to hear that. Forget good or bad dealers, there are no Nissan dealerships left in proper Bombay now !

Quote:
I found out the spares for the Nissan that they have are actually more expensive than the dealers
Sure looks like he's buying from the authorised dealer, adding his markup and selling it to you.

Because of the poor sales + good reliability, after-market dealers might not see too much of business. Hence, they might not be stocking up on Sunny parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Had not paid much attention to this 'beater' definition during initial reads. Noticed it during a recent re-read. I really like this definition of a beater
Every multi-car garage MUST have a beater . We've had one since as far back as I can remember. Usually, the oldest or cheapest car automatically becomes the beater...used for all the rough work. Greatly helps in keeping the nicer cars, nice.

Quote:
My in-laws family have a couple of cars and one of them is a chauffeur driven Etios. It is touching 80K now and they have half a mind to replace with an Automatic. I explained this concept of a beater and told them to hold on to the Etios as long as it runs and replace the other car they have if needed.
Good advice with the Etios. It's reliable, which is mandatory for a beater (to endure all the abuse). The beater cannot be a delicate / complex / unreliable car.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 12:29   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Is it a diesel? Did you have to change both L & R lower arms! And together they cost 3200/-? Maybe a scanned bill will be helpful when you get time; thanks.

I remember being charged close to 6k for one lower arm for the Baleno.
Yup, its a diesel and pretty sure that's the cost of both lower arms. Add another 1000 or so for labor. The private seller on the other hand quoted 2k per lower arm which works out to Rs.4,000 without labor...not worth the effort.
Will scan the bill and send it across.
You sure the Baleno is 6k...sounds expensive....even more than a Civic I think although I didn't check it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Yup, its a diesel and pretty sure that's the cost of both lower arms.
Just checked this year old thread and the prices mentioned in the excel sheet are more or less similar to what I was charged this time.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ze-sedans.html

And coincidentally, the lower arm for SX-4 is pretty high at 6k, like the Baleno.

Last edited by GTO : 24th September 2015 at 09:43. Reason: Merging back to back posts
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 19:07   #273
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I've stopped recommending the Nissan Sunny to anyone.

Don't get me wrong, I love the car. It's got many endearing qualities, especially the space, soft ride, chilling air-conditioner, reliability, fuel economy & durability. My car simply doesn't feel like it's been abused for close to 50,000 kms. She's still tight.

It's not the car, it's the company. Nissan dealerships are closing down and whatever outlets are left in the Mumbai region are getting terrible reviews. I live in proper Bombay, but would still have to travel 60 - 90 minutes to the nearest service station....that too, a lousy dealer. Every other brand has an outlet within 4 kms of my place.

Now, a car guy like me has the knowledge & resources to maintain the car. I intend to keep the Sunny till past the 100,000 kms mark.

On the other hand, why would I ever recommend the Nissan Sunny to a layman? No dealership in proper Mumbai, always a waiting period for spare parts, travel long distance for services and so on. No way. A relative who recently cruised in my Sunny loved it. I still told him to run away and consider another brand (he's not a car guy at all).

Awesome car, but absolutely pathetic company backing it. Just like a certain Skoda. Bunch of losers really.

Last edited by GTO : 13th November 2015 at 19:09.
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 19:36   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Just like a certain Skoda.
Same here with my Skoda. I have also stopped recommending Skoda to any layman just because of the pathetic Service network. It was all good till the dealership in Meerut existed. But now to travel 50km to a over crowded Noida dealership is just pathetic. Great Car but sadly let down by the parent company.
dkaile is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 21:02   #275
BHPian

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I love the car. It's got many endearing qualities, especially the space, soft ride, chilling air-conditioner, reliability, fuel economy & durability. My car simply doesn't feel like it's been abused for close to 50,000 kms. She's still tight.
I use uber daily for my commute to work and back, atleast twice a week, I land up getting the Nissan Sunny to ferry me. I relish being driven around in that car, very comfortable. Usually land up taking a nap (takes an hr min to cover the 30 kms) Spoke to many drivers who are fed up with the service issues of the car, they say customers love this car, but we get very hassled maintaining it.
arpandiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 15:47   #276
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
Spoke to many drivers who are fed up with the service issues of the car, they say customers love this car, but we get very hassled maintaining it.
That sounds like a bit of an exaggeration from the cab drivers. The Sunny is otherwise super reliable, thus I don't see how they'd get 'hassled' maintaining it. Plus, cabbies love the fuel economy which easily matches smaller cars like the Dzire.

Yes, those who will get hassled are the auto-illiterate laymen. But certainly not cabbies who have more than a passing interest in cars.
Old 14th November 2015, 16:07   #277
BHPian

Quote:
That sounds like a bit of an exaggeration from the cab drivers. The Sunny is otherwise super reliable, thus I don't see how they'd get 'hassled' maintaining it. Plus, cabbies love the fuel economy which easily matches smaller cars like the Dzire.
Their concern seems to be downtime primarily due to distance to be covered to give the car for service/repairs, one guy compared it to Dzire, saying if anything happens to dzire, within Andheri itself maruti has 4 service centres..
arpandiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 08:58   #278
BHPian

Quote:
. My car simply doesn't feel like it's been abused for close to 50,000 kms. She's still tight.

Awesome car, but absolutely pathetic company backing it. Just like a certain Skoda. Bunch of losers really.
My car too completed 40k Kim's and not one mechanical issue so far... Am reminded of hero Honda - fill it shut it forget it.

It's not the car, it's the company. Nissan dealerships are closing down and whatever outlets are left in the Mumbai region are getting terrible reviews. I live in proper Bombay, but would still have to travel 60 - 90 minutes to the nearest service station.

Which place in Mumbai do you get it serviced ? The only one accessible near my place ghatkopar is Ritu Nissan in Andheri

Another question: How is The performance of your high beam? To me it seems inadequate. Any recommendations for upgrade ?
Old 16th November 2015, 10:08   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
t's got many endearing qualities, especially the space, soft ride, chilling air-conditioner, reliability, fuel economy & durability.
I travel in a Sunny as part of my car pooling arrangement (3 pax only) every 2 weeks, and that week is one that I have come to dread. True that the Sunny has loads of space to offer, but somethings that irk me heavily are:

- The rear seat sides are curved in a Concave manner, due to which I find it impossible to find a straight back position anywhere across the length of the seat.

- The Under-thigh support is completely missing, due to the extremely low seat width. Maybe this is what liberates so much space in the rear foot-well!

- The lower back support is non-existent, so after a long day's work, it takes about 5 minutes for my lower back to start paining. This is a stock seat.

- Because of the concave shape, and the fact that I cannot sit without wearing proper 3 point seat belts, the middle of the seat is a no-go for me, and I end up sitting on either of the sides. The low slanting roof ensures that I keep bumping my head on almost every undulation.

- The extremely soft suspension ensures that I feel every bump or pot hole on my amply padded behind, as well.

All in all, I WOULDN'T agree on the Ride and Space aspects, given how un-ergonomic the package is!

The one thing I DO agree on, is the phenomenal fuel efficiency. This is a Petrol Sunny and I have never seen it return less than 15.5 kmpl in city and usually returns over 20 kmpl on highway runs! That, to me, is class-leading for a Full Size Sedan.

P.S. This opinion is from my experience with this car for over the last 3 years and I dread every 3rd week. Before you ask, I don't feel confident of even sitting in the Front Seat of such a Tinny car, with only 1 air bag.

No Offense please.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 09:33   #280
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
Their concern seems to be downtime primarily due to distance to be covered to give the car for service/repairs, one guy compared it to Dzire, saying if anything happens to dzire, within Andheri itself maruti has 4 service centres..
But see, that's the thing. Nothing happens to the Sunny. It's a super reliable car and this engine is known to serve well beyond 2 lakh kms. Hence, I don't agree with the downtime theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalmaxout View Post
Which place in Mumbai do you get it serviced ? The only one accessible near my place ghatkopar is Ritu Nissan in Andheri
Had last given it to Kamla Nissan in June. They've now shut down, so haven't chosen my next dealer yet. I only have 4 - 5 months of extended warranty left. After that, she's going to my independent mechanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
No Offense please.
None taken . Everyone has their own opinion & preferences.
Old 17th November 2015, 10:14   #281
BHPian

Another question: How is The performance of your high beam? To me it seems inadequate. Any recommendations for upgrade ?
Old 18th November 2015, 09:42   #282
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalmaxout View Post
My Sunny is driven primarily in the city only. Mumbai is well-lit and the speeds aren't too high. Thus, I have no problem with them.

Just get a bulb upgrade. Look up the relevant thread for tips & advice.
Old 19th November 2015, 17:27   #283
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'm cracking up!! Stop, Nissan, Stop. You must be smoking some pretty serious stuff.

Quote:
MUMBAI, India (November 19, 2015): After three successful seasons and delighting more than 75,000 customers, Nissan today announced its 4th ‘Happy with Nissan’ customer service campaign in India.

During the campaign, which runs between Nov 19th–28th, 2015, Nissan will host a nationwide camp in 140 locations across 120 cities in India to improve customer confidence and satisfaction.

The campaign includes free vehicle check-ups, attractive discounts as well as customer-focused communications, to not only resolve pending and immediate service-related issues, but also educate customers about the benefits of authorised Nissan service centres and the use of Nissan genuine spare parts and accessories.

Making the announcement, Mr. Arun Malhotra, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India Pvt Ltd said, “We at Nissan are very much encouraged by our rising SSI scores and want to offer an unmatched experience to our customers even after they purchase our products. We want to get closer to them and ‘Happy with Nissan’ initiative gives us a great opportunity to do so. This campaign is aimed towards reaching out to our customers and giving them effective solutions.”

Customers visiting the service camps between Nov 19th and 28th, 2015, will be entitled to a free car check-up, free top wash and 20% discount on labour charges. All vehicles will undergo a thorough 60-point check. Other benefits include discounts up to 20% on Nissan Genuine Accessories. Customers can also opt for Nissan Extended Warranty at a base price up until 365 days and a discount of 10% after the second year.
The only people 'Happy with Nissan' are Nissan employees because they're effectively being paid good money for shoddy work.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 19:12   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Making the announcement, Mr. Arun Malhotra, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India Pvt Ltd said: the campaign includes free vehicle check-ups, attractive discounts as well as customer-focused communications, to not only resolve pending and immediate service-related issues, but also educate customers about the benefits of authorised Nissan service centres and the use of Nissan genuine spare parts and accessories.
Mr. Malhotra, how about:

- Free vehicles
- Attractive design can do better than attractive discounts
- Discount to resolve pending and immediate service-related issues?
- Forget benefits, just educate customers about where the Nissan Service Centres are!!

I don't own a Nissan myself but one in my close family circle does and he claims he can swap VW service for Nissan any day of the week !!
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 10:42   #285
BHPian

Ok so its been just a little over 3 years since i bought my Nissan sunny (blue XL) like GTOs. Bought in sep 2012 after reading GTO's review. have just touched 40000 kms.

As everyone is aware most dealerships in mumbai have shut down. Had purchased the car from Torrent Nissan and had got the last service done in May 2015.

For the 50000 kms service , gave the car to Ritu Nissan Saki Naka, as they are the lone rangers as regards Nissan in Mumbai.

THE ISSUE
Now i had purchased the extended warranty. However between May 2014 and May 2015 i hadn't got the car serviced, as there was very little running of just over 6000 kms in the year, plus i was frequently travelling for work, and didn't get a reminder from Torrent Nissan. Hence as a combination of these factors, the 30,000 kms or 6 monthly service was missed between May 2014 & May 2015

In my service in May 2015, a couple of parts had to be replaced which were covered in extended warranty. However to my shock i was told, that since the car wasn't serviced in the past 6 months, the extended warranty becomes void.
I tried explaining my situation and finally had to blast them out for not giving reminders for servicing, which otherwise they had always been prompt. Finally Torrent Nissan guys relented, and they replaced the parts on their own.

Cut back to the current service "Dec 2015"
For this service, the car started generating a high level of NVH noises and the service advisor at Ritu Nissan informed that Replacement is required for Rear both shock absorbers & Rear RHS wheel bearing. Now both of these are covered in extended warranty. But i am again being told that since i missed a service , the extended warranty is void. Plus the last service being done at Torrent Nissan, they had replaced the parts off book, and nothing shows up on Nissan History

I tried contacting the Nissan customer care numbers, but am being given the standard responses of please speak to your service advisors.

As of today, the car is still at the Service dealership. After a lot of explaining, they have agreed to give 50% discount on the replacement costs of these items. However if my extended warranty were used, these would have been covered fully

Can anyone help out ? Just by missing one service in the 2nd year, does it void my 4 years extended warranty ? whom can i speak to?

need some urgent help. 3 days since the car is being held at service centre awaiting my response

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks