Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2014, 14:26   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - Now at 70,000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
But after reading what the sales person said, it leaves me in doubt.
What he said was specifically for Tuscan Red. However I too feel the purple of new cars bit too 'metallic'. I would have opted for it if it was bit darker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
But after 2 years of ownership, I have made up my mind: Only silver or white from next time. I intend to keep my vehicles for at least 10 years.
Well, I had an idea of getting white, however walnut interiors made me drop the plan. Silver XUV is a looker too, however I had made up my mind on red thinking it was non-metallic (maintaining metallic is another issue). Sales guy burst that bubble saying red was also metallic, however by them mind had a picture of XUV in red so thought of going ahead with that.
Old 30th June 2014, 12:15   #587
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - Now at 70,000kms

30th June 2015 - The Duma completes 2 years with us.

Love that vehicle. Absolutely no regrets about getting an unproven vehicle from a Indian manufacturer.
Sharing my most favourite picture from the 2 years' journey.

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0021.jpg
SDP is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 12:42   #588
BHPian

Awesome pic SDP!!!

Congratulations to you and Duma on the 2 year anniversary. Any special trips planned for marking this date??

Wish you many more happy miles.

Cheers,
Vinay
yaniv14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 14:49   #589
BHPian

Congrats SDP! Looking forward to be a passenger on the Ladakh trip coming up.
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 08:55   #590
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
30th June 2015 - The Duma completes 2 years with us.

Attachment 1256233
An year too far

Still, my best wishes for your future trips & would wait for travelogues :-)
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 09:25   #591
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Still, my best wishes for your future trips & would wait for travelogues :-)
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
An year too far

Working on the quarter-end report for boss since last one week. Q1FY15.
I guess the financial year spilled over to this post.

Last edited by SDP : 1st July 2014 at 09:26.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 21:01   #592
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Got fed up of my RM and sent the following email to the GM of Global Gallarie Thane:

Quote:
Sub: Concerns about poor service and poorer response

Dear Mr. xxxxx,
My name is Sanjay xxx and I get my XUV (MH nn xx qqqq) serviced from Global Gallarie Thane since last 2 years. I had interacted with Mr yyyyy once and he had asked me to call him in case I had any issues. Apparently he has moved on and I got your number and email id from ppppp (M&M Customer care).

Writing to you as I am getting increasingly disappointed by the service I am getting from the GG Thane service center. Here's what happened. I had called my RM ssss for the 20,000 Km service appointment for 31st May. I had called 3-4 days in advance and I was told that it would be taken cared off. When I reached the service center, I did not see any appointment in my name and had to call up the RM so that my car could be accommodated. On top of that the RM was on leave that day. Besides the regular service, I asked for 2 things to be fixed:
1. I wanted the infotainment system software to be upgraded to the newer version.
2. I was getting a "Front brake-pad worn out" message.

The infotainment system software was upgraded, but after 3 days I noticed that the complete navigation system has been uninstalled and now there is no navigation system on the car! I was irritated by the mistake and called up the RM asking him to send someone to my office or home to get it fixed. But the RM just gave me some excuse about why it can not be done outside the service center. I have been super-busy these days and can't afford giving the car back for repairs even for a day as it is a daily-use vehicle for me. I told that to the RM, but he insisted that it needs a workshop visit. I told him that I don't have the time and will get it done some time later.

After about a week, the second thing "Front brake-pads worn out" error message reappeared and now I am getting that continuously and the screen is flickering because of that message popping every other second. I called up the RM again and expressed my displeasure at a shoddy job done.

During the month-end pressure, somehow I had some time during one day and I called up and asked the RM if I can come in for an hour and get the 2 issues fixed quickly. He asked me to call back around 12:30pm. I called up 5 times from 12:30 till 3 pm, but the call was not even answered. I ended up wasting a day as I couldn't go to office as well because of the uncertainty around the service-center visit. The RM did not even bother to return the call later that day or over next few days. Like a beggar, I called him again after 2-3 days and again the call was not answered. But this time I got a SMS saying "sir will call you within 10 min". That was on 4th of July and I am still waiting for that call.

Now here's my concern: Due to bad workmanship at the Thane Global Gallarie I have 2 issues. Why should I waste my time, diesel and toll-money to bring the vehicle back to the service center and travel by a taxi that whole day? Even when I offered to waste my money on diesel+toll and bring the vehicle for an hour, why is the RM treating me like he is doing me a big favour?

Can I have another RM who appreciates the time and other constraints customers like me have and is slightly more sensitive and flexible to address issues due to bad workmanship at the service center? Also can someone please look into the 2 issues in my car at the earliest without disrupting my schedule? Please note that I do not like service center driver picking up the vehicle. So please do not offer to send a driver across. Looking forward to a prompt response from you.

Thanks & Regards
Sanjay
I was irritated by the complete apathy by the RM and ran out of patience today. Let's see what happens now.

Last edited by SDP : 7th July 2014 at 21:03.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2014, 00:50   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Got fed up of my RM and sent the following email to the GM of Global Gallarie Thane:

I was irritated by the complete apathy by the RM and ran out of patience today. Let's see what happens now.
Sanjay sir, I can completely relate to your frustration with M&M's A.S.S.. Since you have run out of patience, and need the A.S.S. to fix the issues once and for all, may I recommend you try another swift and more rewarding approach?

Quoting myself from my thread:

Quote:
The check engine light came on yesterday again. The situation was similar to one described a few pages back on this thread. Intercooler gone bust! This time, however, I was not going to leave the car at the dealership till the part arrives.

The car was needed at home everyday of the week for next few days, so unless I didn't get a loaner car from Mahindra , I was not going to budge; warranty be damned.

So, here's what I did:
- I called up the withyouhamesha toll number.
- Told the executive on the line about my situation.
- Told him my history.
- Told him that I will not send the car to the dealer unless a loaner car is not provided since the part takes forever to arrive.
- Told him not to bother sending the roadside assistance.
- Requested them to consider my case.
Voila!

-The nearest dealer sent their technician to my place, and got the error code read.
-The dealer got the intercooler sourced the same day, and got it fixed at my place.
-Problem solved!
P.S. I am now treated like a king at the A.S.S.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 19:56   #594
SDP
Team-BHP Support

If you remember from my last post, I got fed up of lousy service and attitude from the service center staff and escalated the matter to the GM of the service center. This is what happened next.

Got a call from the GM next morning and he said sorry for the poor service experience. He immediately assigned a new RM to me and assured me that things would be sorted to my satisfaction immediately.

Got calls from my new RM as well as old RM. A service vehicle was sent to my office next day and they took out the silver-box for further investigation. They also did preliminary investigation about the "Front brake-pads worn out" message that I was getting and said most likely the wire that was taped last time has a contact problem.

They took away the silver box. Got a call 3 days later that they couldnt repair the silver box and I am getting a new one under warranty. I asked them why an apparently software issue needs hardware replacement, but couldn't get a satisfactory answer.

Today morning the vehicle was picked up from my office for fixing the new silver-box and addressing the brake-pads issue. The vehicle was returned around 5:30pm with both the problems fixed. The missing navigation is present and works now and the brake-pads worn-out message has disappeared.

The happiness lasted exactly 1 hour. When I started back from work at 6:30pm today, I reversed the car and realized that they have forgotten to connect/configure the reverse-camera video feed into the system.
Called up the RM and gave him an earful. He is sending someone with a laptop and OBD2 tomorrow. I am going to call the GM tomorrow morning anyways.

EDIT: Adding pics.
The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-1.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-11.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-2.jpg

The silver-box...that's M&M term for what is essentially a head-unit
The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-3.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-4.jpg

The screen without the silver box behind it. Notice how the infotainment system related buttons are not back-lit in this pic.
The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-5.jpg

Last edited by SDP : 14th July 2014 at 20:07.
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 09:08   #595
BHPian

Quote:
If you remember from my last post, I got fed up of lousy service and attitude from the service center staff and escalated the matter to the GM of the service center. This is what happened next.
Hi SDP,

I was very keen about owning a W6/W4. But I was worried about the frequent niggles posted by you and other fellow BHPians and hence dropped the idea. I strongly feel that M&M should try and support the initial buyers, because they had faith in a new indigenous product. They should be respected for their patriotism.

Hope you will get your DUMA back roaring as ever. All the best.

Seran
Old 15th July 2014, 09:25   #596
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Hi SDP,

I was very keen about owning a W6/W4. But I was worried about the frequent niggles posted by you and other fellow BHPians and hence dropped the idea. I strongly feel that M&M should try and support the initial buyers, because they had faith in a new indigenous product. They should be respected for their patriotism.

Hope you will get your DUMA back roaring as ever. All the best.

Seran
Not trying to defend my choice or try to convince you otherwise. Just sharing my perspective.

No doubt, the XUV as a 'product' is not perfect and in today's world of infinite technical complexity I doubt any vehicle is. There are small issues that pop up once in a while, but at least in my case nothing catastrophic ... nothing that has left me stranded. The issues like I listed in my last 2 posts are actually 'service issues' (incompetency of service personnel) and not 'product issues'.

Last but not least, I genuinely doubt anybody buys the XUV to show patriotism (as the manufacturer is Indian). I didn't. I bought it as I liked the overall package.
Old 19th August 2014, 22:36   #597
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Malshej Ghat Drive 3rd Aug 2014
The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_1398.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_1386.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_1401.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_1407.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_1424.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_1432.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_1426.jpg
SDP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 10:51   #598
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Problems to be addressed during next visit to the service center:

1. Small rattle from left front door pad
2. Start-Stop functionality has been acting irratically. Sometimes work and sometimes doesn't.
3. Left rear power window - glass goes down and comes up noticeably slower than the corresponding right side glass.
4. Moist carpet under the driver side floor-mat.
5. Steering - feeble kat-kat sound when turning the steering to the right.
6. The front stabilizer bushes replaced during the 2nd service seems to have been shot. Noticeable khad-khad while negotiating potholes and level-differences on the road.
7. Fresh rat attack. No wiring eaten, but chewed the same rubber piece near the bonnet hinge as earlier. Heard that a particular SA at my service center helps with a jugaad solution. Will have to get it done next time.
8. After I got wheel rotation/balancing/alignment done from Premji's, forgot to get the TPMS relearning done. So getting the "Front left tyre swapped" message. Have to get the TPMS relearning done.

The steering sound is a bit worrying and I will keep an eye on that. Everything else can easily wait, nothing major.

Last edited by SDP : 3rd September 2014 at 10:53.
Old 3rd September 2014, 11:32   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Fresh rat attack. No wiring eaten, but chewed the same rubber piece near the bonnet hinge as earlier. Heard that a particular SA at my service center helps with a jugaad solution. Will have to get it done next time.
Do you get the vehicle serviced at G3, goregaon.

If yes, let me know the SA so I too can save my xuv

Check the attachment for the damage done by our friend
Attached Thumbnails
The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-1409723806641.jpg  

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-1409723855570.jpg  

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-1409723896416.jpg  

Old 3rd September 2014, 11:52   #600
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavdalal View Post
Do you get the vehicle serviced at G3, goregaon.

If yes, let me know the SA so I too can save my xuv

Check the attachment for the damage done by our friend

That's some nasty damage Vaibhav. :(
The rubber piece near the bonet hinge, that's common target. For me, its the second time it has been chewed out of shape. Somehow it is always the left one. May be it is cheese-flavoured or something.

About the service center, I go to Global Gallarie, Thane.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks