Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2013, 10:08   #511
Senior - BHPian

Thank you bro:-)

Just wanted to know about the quality of the paint,since I am planning to get the tucsan red color.

Have you observed the color fading, since I have seen other Car 's fading during the years.
Old 5th September 2013, 10:57   #512
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - Now at 70,000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Thank you bro:-)

Just wanted to know about the quality of the paint,since I am planning to get the tucsan red color.

Have you observed the color fading, since I have seen other Car 's fading during the years.
At office, there is a covered parking. But at home, I have open parking. So the car gets baked on Saturdays and Sundays. Have not noticed any discoloration of the red paint. The weather strips and the top panels of the dashboard do look a little bit fuzzy and have lost their original shine and color saturation to some extent. But definitely no discoloration on hood and roof which get exposed directly to harsh sun.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 16:19   #513
BHPian

re: The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - Now at 70,000kms

Hi SDP,

Excellent thread man, each and every page of your ownership has something in store, something which really interests everyone and not necessarily just XUV owners!
The amount of detailing that you have entered is simply awesome, as someone rightly put across, that's become the benchmark of this thread and yes we expect this from you.

In fact reading yours and Debuda's threads has made my mind clear that this is the vehicle which I would want to own someday!

I seriously don't feel that I am reading about somebody elses' car; feels much more than that - has a certain amount of belonging

This is a true Team-BHP car - Duma

Thanks a ton SDP!

Cheers!
Trojan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 13:11   #514
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi SDP.
As I have told you before also, excellent thread and it also shows the effort you take to maintain the car and also the thread in good shape.

Could you please tell me whether you have done something to reduce the dashboard reflection?
I know about polaroid glasses, but how about Carbon Fiber sticker on the glossy part?

And yes, I have booked my XUV- W8
same colour as yours.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 18:51   #515
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Hi SDP,

Excellent thread man, each and every page of your ownership has something in store, something which really interests everyone and not necessarily just XUV owners!
The amount of detailing that you have entered is simply awesome, as someone rightly put across, that's become the benchmark of this thread and yes we expect this from you.

In fact reading yours and Debuda's threads has made my mind clear that this is the vehicle which I would want to own someday!

I seriously don't feel that I am reading about somebody elses' car; feels much more than that - has a certain amount of belonging

This is a true Team-BHP car - Duma

Thanks a ton SDP!

Cheers!
Thanks Trojan for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Hi SDP.
As I have told you before also, excellent thread and it also shows the effort you take to maintain the car and also the thread in good shape.

Could you please tell me whether you have done something to reduce the dashboard reflection?
I know about polaroid glasses, but how about Carbon Fiber sticker on the glossy part?

same colour as yours.
Congratulations Dhanush!
Have not done anything about the reflection yet, but considering carbon-fibre wrap for the silver strips at least. The problem is those silver strips on the dashboard is the same material used for the silver portion of the steering. It feels great to the touch and that's why in little bit of two minds about covering it.

The reflection of those silver strips definitely spoil photos taken from the car, but as a driver one gets used to them very soon.

Last edited by SDP : 5th October 2013 at 18:54.
Old 7th October 2013, 07:42   #516
BHPian

Quote:
I found the reflections (on the windshield) of the two silver-coloured strips (on either side of the 'waterfall') quite distracting and irritating. I solved the problem simply by covering the horizontal part of the strips (on the top surface of the dashboard) with black insulating tape!
debuda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 09:10   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
I found the reflections (on the windshield) of the two silver-coloured strips (on either side of the 'waterfall') quite distracting and irritating. I solved the problem simply by covering the horizontal part of the strips (on the top surface of the dashboard) with black insulating tape!
Black insulating tape?
Thats quite ingenious.
Could you share a snap?
Old 7th October 2013, 11:18   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Black insulating tape?
Thats quite ingenious.
Could you share a snap?
Here it is. Ordinary electrical insulating tape stuck on the shiny strips.

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-xuv.jpg
debuda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 11:51   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
Here it is. Ordinary electrical insulating tape stuck on the shiny strips.
Nifty. But it looks somewhat sore to the eyes. It's just my opinion. @ dhanushmenon : As SDP said you get used to it. I dont remember who, but someone did suggest a Carbon Matt finish for those strips. It was better.
Old 7th October 2013, 13:02   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

same colour as yours.
Congrats Dhanush on being part of the XUV family:-)

I would suggest you to go with Carbon Fiber sticker on the glossy finish which will serve as anti reflector on the dashboard and looks neat and cool.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 21:21   #521
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Got a call from my regular service center (Global Gallerie Thane) today. After confirming my name and car number, the lady told me that my car is due for service. When I asked her on what basis she is saying that my car is due for service, she told me that my car was last serviced 4 months back and is due. When I asked "who told you that", she dodged the question and asked me about how many kms on the ODO. I asked her "If you don't know how many kms I have done since last servicing, on what basis are you telling me that the car is due for service". She again went into "But the service period is 4 months". I told her that M&M says its 1 year. She denied. I asked her to send me an email mentioning that the service interval is 4 months. She said OK and disconnected. Something tells me that the email is never going to come.

Come on Global Gallerie Thane, not all your XUV customers are ignorant fools!

Last edited by SDP : 15th October 2013 at 21:24.
Old 15th October 2013, 21:57   #522
BHPian

Hey guys ,
Can you guys direct me to a good Mahindra A.S.S.My Thar is nearing its 5000km service and needs some work to be done.I am looking for an A.S.S who stock the Thar spare parts.Stay in malad won't mind going a bit further if the service provided will be good.

I know this is a XUV thread, but still any idea ?
Your inputs will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 21st October 2013, 17:17   #523
Senior - BHPian

Few doubts

1) Hill-Descent & Hill-Hold comes on W8 and W8-AWD?
2) The difference between W8 and W8-AWD is just the AWD part?
3) The new improved version makes it a better buy/ safer buy?
4) How good are the electronics now?
5) Ride quality @ rear. Can you compare how good or bad it is with respect to Innova,Safari,Scorpio, Fortuner ?
Old 21st October 2013, 17:52   #524
BHPian

I just sat in the refreshed xuv5OO. Even though the niggles might have been ironed out, the quality of interiors was more or less the same.

There was an ESP off button too. Have you driven with the esp off? Does it even make any difference?
Old 21st October 2013, 19:45   #525
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
I just sat in the refreshed xuv5OO. Even though the niggles might have been ironed out, the quality of interiors was more or less the same.

There was an ESP off button too. Have you driven with the esp off? Does it even make any difference?
There is a difference in drive between the vehicle with and without ESP.
That's mentioned in the official test drive report also. That is reported on the zigwheels review too

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks