Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2014, 20:06   #541
Team-BHP Support

re: The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - Now at 70,000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Sorry, missed mentioning that this was not done. They were not aware of any such thing. Have to dig out that snap where it shows FE more than 18kmpl and approach them.
I think if I am not mistaken my car showed above 18 average for the first 30 seconds after the tankful this time. And I dont recall it getting any specific update!

Quote:
My wipers used to shudder horribly towards the bottom edge of the sweep. May be I need to keep the windshield cleaner.
The wiper blade is a problem. I had the exact same problem to which they wont agree initially. After doing all kinds of circus on multiple times they replaced the blades. And Voila! All shuddering, screeching and scratching is gone. The wiper is now super smooth.
Zappo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 20:36   #542
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - Now at 70,000kms

Nice pics of DUMA

Do you have HID's installed? Looks like in one of the pic.

Also you mentioned sometime back that you were getting front brake pads worn out message so was that related to sensor issue you mentioned or pads were actually worn out? These days i am too feeling brakes have gone down and that initially lag is back. Cant imagine pads to be worn out so soon, if so, it would be a expensive affair to keep changing every few months after warranty.
Old 23rd January 2014, 20:52   #543
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Nice pics of DUMA

Do you have HID's installed? Looks like in one of the pic.

Also you mentioned sometime back that you were getting front brake pads worn out message so was that related to sensor issue you mentioned or pads were actually worn out? These days i am too feeling brakes have gone down and that initially lag is back. Cant imagine pads to be worn out so soon, if so, it would be a expensive affair to keep changing every few months after warranty.
Yes, I did get Xenons installed on the low-beam.

The front-brakes worn out message was due to the sensor getting chipped and they replaced the brake-pads under warranty. The old brake-pads had done some 8-10K kms and there was hardly any noticeable wear on the friction surface.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 09:55   #544
Senior - BHPian

Some great pics of the beast out there

Quote:
Yes, I did get Xenons installed on the low-beam.
How much did it cost you to install Xenons? And is it just a direct replacement of the bulbs or did you install any Relay Kit? If Yes, will it not void warranty?
Old 24th January 2014, 10:12   #545
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
How much did it cost you to install Xenons? And is it just a direct replacement of the bulbs or did you install any Relay Kit? If Yes, will it not void warranty?
It costed me around 12K including installation. Sourced it as a group-buy from theretrofitsource.com. Its a plug and play kit consisting of 4300K 35W H7 bulbs, 2 ballasts and 1 relay. The relay fetches power from the battery directly. No cutting/splicing of wires was needed. Also its 35W as compared to 50W stock bulbs, so its going to draw lesser current. So I am not much worried about warranty being void.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 10:16   #546
BHPian

SDP, after the main software update, is the FE figure showing anything beyond 18kmpl ?
Also, mind sharing the procedure to add a name to the welcome message "Hi...".

My software was flashed recently and the first time, the Mahindra swoosh had a loud audio to it. But subsequent starts had a muted animation. Don't know what or how it got changed. Any idea how to mute/mute this audio ?

My clocks always shows 24 hour format, if the sync to GPS checkbox is checked. Can't we change to 12 hour format with the GPS sync enabled ?
Old 24th January 2014, 10:19   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It costed me around 12K including installation. Sourced it as a group-buy from theretrofitsource.com. Its a plug and play kit consisting of 4300K 35W H7 bulbs, 2 ballasts and 1 relay. The relay fetches power from the battery directly. No cutting/splicing of wires was needed. Also its 35W as compared to 50W stock bulbs, so its going to draw lesser current. So I am not much worried about warranty being void.
That sounds good..Happy to know its a direct fit and easy to install, probably I think it can be done by DIY method.

Also do you think the light output is less compared to stock bulbs which is 50W whereas the new one is 35W? I assume the stock bulb is also of 4300K, if not then the latter will be more powerful.
Old 24th January 2014, 10:36   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
SDP, after the main software update, is the FE figure showing anything beyond 18kmpl ?
Also, mind sharing the procedure to add a name to the welcome message "Hi...".

My software was flashed recently and the first time, the Mahindra swoosh had a loud audio to it. But subsequent starts had a muted animation. Don't know what or how it got changed. Any idea how to mute/mute this audio ?

My clocks always shows 24 hour format, if the sync to GPS checkbox is checked. Can't we change to 12 hour format with the GPS sync enabled ?
Mine never crossed 18kmpl ever...So cant comment on that

For the "Hi...." message you can ask the RM to get it done the next time you are there at the ASS. Its a simple thing to be done by connecting their laptop

For the swoosh sound, you can enable it in menu>sound>volume tab> startup music mute . The ASS people usually switch this off when the car is in for a service.

Not sure on the 12hr format with the GPS checkbox enabled. Had always kept it as 24hr format.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 10:39   #549
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
That sounds good..Happy to know its a direct fit and easy to install, probably I think it can be done by DIY method.

Also do you think the light output is less compared to stock bulbs which is 50W whereas the new one is 35W? I assume the stock bulb is also of 4300K, if not then the latter will be more powerful.
It is believed that Xenons give 3 times the light as compared to similar watts halogen bulbs. So I am getting brighter and more focused light as compared to the stock halongen bulbs. Being 4300K, the light is yellow in color (and not white like the more popular 6000K). Again it is believed that 4300K light is more useful in rainy and foggy situations. The throw has also improved and the dark gap between the fog-lamp's light and the low-beam-light has reduced noticeably.

A few owners did install this kit on their own. Its a DIY if you have some patience and time...as the engine compartment is pretty cramped in the XUV and there is very little space to work. But its doable.
Old 25th January 2014, 10:38   #550
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Looks like a new issue is developing. Observed the following in last few days.

While reversing the car, many a times I lock the steering to one side for a sharp 90 degrees turn. While doing so, the handrbrake-engaged sign comes up in the dash quite often. A couple of times, the screen also showed "Front brake-pads worn out" message for a brief second or two. The sign as well as the message whenever it appears lasts for a brief moment and disappears.

Happens only during the scenario described.

Any idea, what could be the problem?
Old 25th January 2014, 13:19   #551
BHPian

No problem.. this is just a wire that has gone bad near the front wheels. Just a 10 mins work. Had that issue a few months back and got fixed.
Sathya_sc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 21:55   #552
SDP
Team-BHP Support

A few pics from a monsoon outing a few months back:

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-015-aamchi-picnic-kondeshwar-waterfall-033.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-019-aamchi-picnic-kondeshwar-waterfall-047.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-023-aamchi-picnic-kondeshwar-waterfall-057.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-024-dsc_1751.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-031-dsc_1759.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-029-dsc_1757.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_2039.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_2100.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_2133.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_2134.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_2135.jpg
SDP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 16:56   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like a new issue is developing. Observed the following in last few days.
===========
Any idea, what could be the problem?
Have you got this checked? What was the issue? Loose connection may be?
Old 1st April 2014, 13:37   #554
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Went to the service center after ages (which is a good thing ).
There has been a couple of minor issues, but nothing that warranted a visit to the service center. The minor issues were:
1. Door-open or hand-brake engaged error pops up when reversing with steering locked on one side
2. The security alarm (door/hood open) had triggered a couple of times during nights.

Those can wait, 20K service is just around the corner. Then last week, the reverse camera malfunctioned and stopped giving any video feed. There was a AC checkup camp being conducted at my service center and I decided to go there and get the camera fixed as well.

Went there today. The camera has gone kaput. Needs replacement. Genuine accessories have 1 year warranty and since I got mine in June'2012, its beyond warranty. They did not had stock. They promised me that someone would visit my home or office and fix a new one. Expected damage to the wallet ~2500 Rs.

Last edited by SDP : 1st April 2014 at 13:39.
Old 2nd April 2014, 08:05   #555
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIndian View Post
Have you got this checked? What was the issue? Loose connection may be?
Sorry for the really really late reply. Had somehow missed your question.
Visited the service center yesterday, but did not had time yesterday. The 20K servicing is just around the corner (~600kms to go). Planning to get the hand-brake/door-open indicator issue sorted out that time. Even the infotainment system software would be upgraded that time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks