Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2013, 17:03   #481
BHPian

re: The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - Now at 70,000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
YES! I got my XUV upgraded from M&M with the latest, absolute bleeding edge technology..that too free of cost!
Its the much-anticipated trip meter that can go beyond 999.9kms!
Did you get the free upgrade of Maps as well?
Old 17th July 2013, 17:19   #482
BHPian

re: The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - Now at 70,000kms

How do you check the version of MMI and more importantly how to check if it's 8 or what ever version is the latest ?
Old 17th July 2013, 18:44   #483
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Did you get the free upgrade of Maps as well?
No. I asked for the 8.0 upgrade. The RM said he has the CD but can not do it as the directive is that unless there is a problem don't upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
How do you check the version of MMI and more importantly how to check if it's 8 or what ever version is the latest ?
Ah, good question! I tried the long-press Mute + >> trick. But it did not show the MMI version as 7.x.
Version 8 is the latest and nobody is sure if that change has been applied at the production line. May be some of the latest owners can confirm.
Old 17th July 2013, 22:32   #484
BHPian

The maps version can be checked by starting the navigator and opening the 'about' page (or something similar, can't recall exactly).
Old 19th July 2013, 13:32   #485
BHPian

You can check the version by clicking on the right button on Nav intial screen and then using the down arrow on the pop-up to go to 'About' section. This gives out the details as well as the statutory terms of agreement. My XUV is Feb-13 manufacture and has the 7.1 version with agreement valid from 18th Aug-12. So I guess this is the default version at present unless you successfully upgrade to the new one as being discussed here.
yogibear007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 15:35   #486
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Cross-posting here from the niggles thread:

Quote:
I filled up air today morning and it was quite confusing with the Blusense app showing tyre-positions different than how they are on the vehicle. I asked the guy to inflate all tyres to 34 psi. He did that. I checked the blusense app and it showed rear-right as 28. I asked him to fill that up further. He said there is already too much, but filled more anyways. But there was no change in the 28psi shown by the app. Then it struck me that although the RM has claimed that he has done the relearning after the tyre-rotation, may be it is not done and that's why the tyre-position shown on the app is not matching with actual positions. So the 28 psi was correct, but it was one of the remaining 4 tyres. After another 15-20 seconds of trying to figure out which tyre it was which was at 28psi, I gave up. The tyre-wala also had 2 puncture customers waiting and was not keen on experimenting with me.

Came back home, read the TPMS re-learning procedure and started as per the instructions. Got the car in the relearning mode, after one unsucessful attempt. The left-front tyre started showing "Learning". Got off from the car and started releasing air from the front-left. Released a bit and checked, it was still showing "Learning". Did that multiple times and then FINALLY it gave a loud beep and the Front-Left status changed to "Learnt" and the Front-Right changed to "Learning". Its a slow-learner :-)! Moved to that wheel and started releasing the air. After releasing quite a lot of air, still no change in status. No beep either. Started getting worried that I am going to release just too much air and would have to drive to the tyre-walla again. While I was still releasing more air from the front-right, the car gave 4 beeps (relearning-failed) and came out of the "TPMS-Relearning" mode!

Switched the car off and put it in the relearning mode once again. It started from left-front tyre again!. I was like - I don't have too much air left in there for all this bafoonery. Still released some air from the left-front, but no beep from the car. Checked the pressure, it had already dropped to 28-29psi. Couldn't take any more chances with releasing more air. Gave up.

So now, one fine morning, when there is not too much crowd at the tyre-wall shop, I have to go there, inflate to something like 40psi and then try the circus all over again and keep my fingers crossed that I am able to get all 5 tyres learnt before the system comes out of relearning-mode!
Old 26th July 2013, 19:00   #487
SDP
Team-BHP Support

The TPM-relearning saga continues.

Background: I got my XUV's tyres rotated during the 10k service some 2 months back. Although they claimed that they followed the relearning procedure, I have been getting "RR tyre swapped" alert every day after that. Even after following M&M's alert-acknowledgement procedure, the alert still keeps on popping every day. So as a last resort, I thought of doing the TPMS-relearning myself.

My first failed attempt at TPMS-relearning is detailed in the post above.

Here's the story of the second attempt:
Today morning, I drove to the nearest puncture-repair-shop, saw a boy sitting idle and parked. He immediately approached with the pipe in one hand and pressure-gauge in the other and kneeled down near the front-left tyre. I stopped him and asked him if he can spare 5 minutes and he replied in the affirmative. He seemed confused by that request.

The Puncture-repair-boy ...let's call him PRB for short: (in Hindi) "Puncture hain?" ("Is there a puncture?")

I: (translated version) No! No puncture. My car shows which tyre is at which position and when I got the tyre-rotation done, the position got goofed up and now I get an error-message inside.
The PRB got confused by that.

PRB: What is "rotation"?

I: You move that tyre from here to there and then move this tyre to that other position. All 5 tyres change position.

PRB: What? You tell me how much pressure you want and I will fill exactly that much.

I: Pressure is not the issue, the position of the tyres is. I will tell you exactly what to do. That's why I asked if you have 5 minutes.

PRB: OK.

I: We have to release air from one tyre at a time.

PRB: (Thoroughly confused) You want to FILL air or RELEASE air?
I don't blame him. I guess not too many customers visit him for releasing the air from their tyres.

I looked him straight in the eyes.
I (in a pleading tone): Listen to me, brother. You said you have time. Do just what I tell you to do.

I got out of the car and lowered the spare tyre so that he could fill/release air from that as well. I lowered both front windows for ease of communication. Then I got back in and put the car in the TPMS-Relearning mode (by giving ignition while the TPMS button is pressed). The car gave a loud beep and the infotainment system screen showed the relearning screen. The audio book I was listening to also started playing and I could not mute/pause it by doing anything. I chose to ignore it.

The screen showed front-left wheel as "Learning.
The boy was amused to see the schematic of the car with wheel-positions on the screen.

I: Brother, release air from the front-left tyre.

He got down to the front-left wheel and checked with the pressure gauge.
PRB: Its 30!

I: Never mind!! Leave it!! Release air from it.

From yesterday's experience I knew that there is a time-limit before which we need to complete the procedure. So I was getting a bit impatient.
He complied. After what seemed like ages, the car gave another beep and the front-left tyre status changed to "Tire Learned" and the front-right changed to "Learning".

I thought to myself: "Tire Learned"? Not "Tyre Learnt"?
I pushed that thought aside. It was not the time to worry about finer aspects of English language.

I: That tyre is done. Come to the other side.
The PRB complied promptly.

PRB: Got it. We have to do this for all tyres till that sound comes.
I: (visibly elated) YES!!

Front-right done. Then the two rear ones were also done without a hitch. He moved to the final tyre- the spare one.

While he was still releasing air from the spare, I ran out of luck and the system gave an error "System not learned! Contact Service Center". Classic facepalm moment!
The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-tpms-1.jpg

I hurriedly told the PRB that its done. He wanted to see the screen, but the car had already snapped out of the relearning mode.
There was no point trying all the circus one more time.

I: Now fill up all tyres to 32.

He started doing that. He was quite intrigued by the whole thing and asked me while filling air in the first tyre.
PRB: "Would it give sound when the pressure reaches 32?"

I: No. It shows pressure when there is a puncture and the tyre is losing air. It also shows pressure when the tyre heats up after lot of running.

PRB: Sahi hai! ("Impressive!")

After getting the pressure in all tyres about right, I raised the spare, paid him 20 Rs and thanked him before leaving.

I am going to live with that alert till the car HAS TO go to the service-center. There is really no point getting irritated by such things.

Last edited by SDP : 26th July 2013 at 19:20.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 19:36   #488
BHPian

Quote:
While he was still releasing air from the spare, I ran out of luck and the system gave an error "System not learned! Contact Service Center". Classic facepalm moment!
One of the few times, I am glad this feature is not there in my W6, have a tyre inflation kit in the car for use in case of puncture.

Last edited by theMAG : 28th July 2013 at 07:54. Reason: Quoting entire large posts impacts readability.
Old 27th July 2013, 22:04   #489
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The TPM-relearning saga continues.
I am going to live with that alert till the car HAS TO go to the service-center. There is really no point getting irritated by such things.
Have driven some 50odd kms since yesterday morning. Surprisingly the "RR tyre swapped" alert has not appeared yet. So looks like although I got a TPMS-relearning error, the alert-issue is somehow resolved.
Old 28th July 2013, 12:39   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Have driven some 50odd kms since yesterday morning. Surprisingly the "RR tyre swapped" alert has not appeared yet. So looks like although I got a TPMS-relearning error, the alert-issue is somehow resolved.
I have said this before and I say it again, there is never a dull day living with a Mahindra. The car finds such innovative ways to excite you, irritate you, anger you, disappoint you, but that 1 day where everything works like it is supposed to, the rattles vanish just for that day, the traffic for some reason is lesser than usual that particular day and blah blah so on.....It is pure bliss!!!

I guess I got carried away a bit but you get the drift

Happy weekend folks!!!
Sisu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 19:34   #491
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
More than a week has passed and still no sign of that "RR tyre swapped" error!

Looks like relearning was actually successful although the system gave an error at the end.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 21:57   #492
BHPian

Quote:
More than a week has passed and still no sign of that "RR tyre swapped" error!

Looks like relearning was actually successful although the system gave an error at the end.
So I need to give this a shot. How about the TPMS info otherwise since you got an error at the end. Is it showing the right values - pressure, temp etc.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 23:05   #493
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
So I need to give this a shot. How about the TPMS info otherwise since you got an error at the end. Is it showing the right values - pressure, temp etc.

FundaG
I have not tested anything after the TPMS saga. I am still not sure that the BlueSense App is showing the tyre positions correctly. Would check it out when I top up air next time. Nowadays I am afraid to test anything.
Old 12th August 2013, 15:43   #494
BHPian

Quote:
That leaves me with iTrack. I had asked the RM to patch me with the iTrack guy, but the RM did not seem interested. Would check again. Also planning to connect with iTrack directly.
Hi SDP,

Did you finalized any GPS tracking for your Duma? I'm trying to find some genuine GPS tracking for my Duster as well.

Thanks,
-Pallav
Old 12th August 2013, 16:59   #495
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurha View Post
Hi SDP,

Did you finalized any GPS tracking for your Duma? I'm trying to find some genuine GPS tracking for my Duster as well.

Thanks,
-Pallav
Pallav,

Sorry, I have dropped the plans for the GPS tracker. Let's just say, with the initial niggles, M&M managed to scare me away from getting any changes done to the vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks