Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2012, 14:38   #61
BHPian

re: The ULTIMAT3 - F30 BMW 328i EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust & INJEN intake!

Congrats Karan!You have a mean masculine beast.The corona rings take it to a different level.I love the color and the red interiors.
Is the ground clearance low when compared to Mumbai potholes?
Can you Pm me the landed cost including the discounts?
Happy motoring pal and drive safe.

Last edited by kedarwalke : 29th August 2012 at 14:53.
Old 29th August 2012, 15:30   #62

re: The ULTIMAT3 - F30 BMW 328i EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust & INJEN intake!

Hi Karan

I am too a proud owner of 328i. however my dealer didn't not give any freebies

can u e mail me your number please so i can twist my dealer in giving me atleast few. my mail is drmilind@gmail.com
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
The Car arrives.

Again we set off after the quick photoshoot for registration there we got a bad patch of road ( aprox 3-4 kms )

The car performed badly here, even after dropping to < 5 km/h i could feel every peddle ( May be the tyre pressure was too high )
Note from Mode : Please DO NOT quote entire text, pictures or videos as it inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th August 2012 at 16:27.
Old 29th August 2012, 16:38   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Congrats Karan!You have a mean masculine beast.The corona rings take it to a different level.I love the color and the red interiors.
Is the ground clearance low when compared to Mumbai potholes?
Can you Pm me the landed cost including the discounts?
Happy motoring pal and drive safe.
Thanks a lot.

Yes the new age corona rings are extremely bright and attractive.

Ground clearance is never a problem over pot holes if you are slow and attentive my concern is for those badly built speed breakers (though i havent scraped the belly yet with 4 passengers on board - i have a feeling the 5th one may cause trouble over that odd speedbreaker)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmilind View Post
Hi Karan

I am too a proud owner of 328i. however my dealer didn't not give any freebies

can u e mail me your number please so i can twist my dealer in giving me atleast few. my mail is drmilind@gmail.com
Thanks

Note from Mode : Please DO NOT quote entire text, pictures or videos as it inconveniences our mobile readers.
Congratulations on your buy

Regarding the Freebies, I would like to thank the dealership for being so generous.

I suppose they equally were excited that a customer from Mumbai had specially come for this purchase, so may be in their excitement i got lucky
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 16:41   #64
Team-BHP Support

Congratulation and very good initial review. Totally love the new 3! So how much it costed totally OTR?

Do keep updating with more details as you gather more kms and here's wishing very happy motoring.
Old 29th August 2012, 17:00   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratulation and very good initial review. Totally love the new 3! So how much it costed totally OTR?

Do keep updating with more details as you gather more kms and here's wishing very happy motoring.
Thanks Sir

Have sent a PM regarding OTR pricing
Old 29th August 2012, 18:18   #66
BHPian

Congrats on this acquisition at a time petrol prices are going mostly one way! One question - Do you use regular RON91 petrol or Speed 97? Have you tried the higher octane variety and any noticeable difference?
Old 29th August 2012, 23:01   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva View Post
Congrats on this acquisition at a time petrol prices are going mostly one way! One question - Do you use regular RON91 petrol or Speed 97? Have you tried the higher octane variety and any noticeable difference?
Thanks !!

I am using regular petrol till now ( had confirmed the usage of same during the delivery and also confirmed with senior officials at the launch event of the car )

Havent tried any high octane fuel yet.

But im sure the usage of 97 will quicken the 0-100 timing & other performance figures also with a marginal > in FE

Last edited by karan561 : 29th August 2012 at 23:05.
Old 30th August 2012, 00:13   #68
BHPian

Good buy there. Alpine white with red inside initially looks like a lot to handle for the eyes but I feel it's perfect for a bimmer's image.

The 3 has fans spanning all the generations, right from the 1st to this 6th. It all depends on how much you use it and cherish the rides. The truck for transporting the beauty was scary looking though I'm sure you ate his head to drive slow.

Anyways, good write-up and keep posting images after regular usage and ownership.Enjoyy..

pEaCe
Old 30th August 2012, 16:24   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340 View Post
Good buy there. Alpine white with red inside initially looks like a lot to handle for the eyes but I feel it's perfect for a bimmer's image.

The 3 has fans spanning all the generations, right from the 1st to this 6th. It all depends on how much you use it and cherish the rides. The truck for transporting the beauty was scary looking though I'm sure you ate his head to drive slow.

Anyways, good write-up and keep posting images after regular usage and ownership.Enjoyy..

pEaCe
Thanks !

Regarding the truck , the exterior looked shabby & unsafe for the job, but i would have felt unsafe to send my car even if the truck would be modified by DC for this purpose

But jokes apart , this truck / logistic company was suggested by Infinity Mumbai & was doing BMW's, Rolls Royce on a regular basis.
The car had'nt moved an inch when i received it on NH8

Also it is very important to have the transit insurance in place which i had.

PS - More Pics coming up by tonight
Old 30th August 2012, 16:51   #70
BHPian

Congratulations Karan. Fantastic choice. The F30 is just all-drool and looks absolutely wicked in white. And a petrol at that!

Btw we're also steadily locking down on the 328i and can completely understand your quandary mate. The price tag runs perilously close to the 5's territory. Would you mind sharing (or PMing) your OTR?

Last edited by Omtoatom : 30th August 2012 at 16:53.
Old 30th August 2012, 23:31   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

More detailed pics of interior & around, small but noticeable points;

The Light switches are of immaculate quality & a joy to use;

Also the storage compartment below is handy

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-light-switch.jpg

Seats with 2 memory (M) function , can adjust ;

- Travel
- Height
- Seat Angle
- Backrest angle
- Side Bolstering ( Lateral Support )

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-seat-memory-funcn.jpg

Thigh Support Adjustment

Attachment 978350

Thigh Support IN ( As pointed the Adjust Lever - Manual )

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-seat-1.jpg

Thigh Support OUT (to max)

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-seat-2.jpg

Just love the ORGAN Type Accelerator pedal - Was missing it ( had it in my Laura L&K )

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-organ-type.jpg

Finally found the Boot release button

Need to pull the hood release 2x times to open ( love the way the hydraulic release makes pop the hood )

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-boot.jpg

Note : Speaker location on the dashboard behind i-drive screen

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-speaker.jpg

& the Subwoofer under front seats

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-sub.jpg

View from the REAR PASSENGER seat ( Believe it or not this was actually the 1st time i sat on the rear seat of the 3, din bother even to try before the buy , ha ha )

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-rear-3.jpg

Twin Cup holders on rear center arm rest;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-rear-arm-rest.jpg

Rear Window sun blinds pretty effective ;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-rear-window.jpg

Cabin Lights : Now present for the rear passengers as well , i think it wasnt there in the E90
Note : Lights are LED's ( soft white tone )

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-cabin-lights.jpg

The HUD Projector screen ( Apology for the glare , will upload better a pic later )

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-hud-projector.jpg

Entire Owners Manual is incorporated in the i-Drive;

1) Pictorial Explanations of the Owners Manual

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-owners-manual-1.jpg

Or Manually Search any query by keyword

Note : If u type say HU , the i-drive will predict you are searching for HUD and open that link , SMART !!

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-owners-manual-2.jpg

Owners manual in the I-Drive Covers mostly everything for eg. like here the Data like max load, boot capacity etc is shown;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-data.jpg

The queries regarding FUEL TYPE etc are solved here ;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-ron.jpg

Park Distance Control / Rear Camera

- Turning Circle Lines ( They do turn on steering movement & then project a trajectory )

- Obstacle Marking - ( Confusing tool )

^ You can turn off the two if they hamper vision

Note - Still the most useful are the Audio Beeps - you trust them

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-parking.jpg

Rear Camera : Located in the handle strip of the boot lid.
Negative - After coming back from the Pune drive , dirt had impaired the quality of vision / picture ( i.e. in Monsoons )

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-rear-camera.jpg

Notice the well designed Weights used for " Balancing "

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-balancing-wt.jpg

^ RIMS Gather Dirt very easily and difficult to maintain

Note : Recommended TYRE PRESSURE ;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-1.jpg

^ Currently I'm running 30 psi in all 4

Boot has decent storage space nothing much to write about
Note : The Plastic Covering on the boot opening mechanicals a neat touch & move forward in premium feel.

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-trunk.jpg

Power Socket provided in Boot ;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-charge-_-boot.jpg

Battery located in the BOOT ( to perfect 50:50 Weight Distribution ? )

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-battery.jpg

On Board Tool Kit neatly placed ( can be covered )

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-toolbox.jpg

The Number plate has arrived , finally

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-no-plate.jpg

^ Will get it fixed tomorrow & upload pictures shortly after

PS - Also a night photoshoot is pending , will be done by the weekend.

Last edited by karan561 : 30th August 2012 at 23:59.
karan561 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 16:00   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

RUNNING IN GUIDELINES PROVIDED;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-photo.jpg

^ A little over 1000 kms remaining for me

Similar info has been provided for the Brakes & Tyres as well ;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-running-2.jpg

^ 300 Kms Running in for the Tyres & 500 Kms for Brakes to work their best

Last edited by karan561 : 31st August 2012 at 16:10.
Old 1st September 2012, 15:35   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more pictures with the Number Plate Fixed ;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-photo-2.jpg

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-f1.jpg

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-rear-_-upload.jpg

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-s1.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 1st September 2012 at 15:39.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 19:38   #74
BHPian

Congrats again Karan. Snaps #2 and #4 showing the three quarter views of the car look simply magnificent. Oh man, those alloys are to die for!

Btw are these taken in Oshiwara by any chance? The surroundings look vaguely familiar.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 1st September 2012 at 19:45.
Old 2nd September 2012, 11:34   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom
Congrats again Karan. Snaps #2 and #4 showing the three quarter views of the car look simply magnificent. Oh man, those alloys are to die for!

Btw are these taken in Oshiwara by any chance? The surroundings look vaguely familiar.
Thanks !!

Yea i feel the same espescially pic #4 (rear 3/4 angle) is where the car looks the muscular (lean) best.

These pics are taken @ my residence (Mulund)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks