Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2012, 11:00   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Congratulations! Once you've owned and loved a Fiat, there isn't a car that can make you as happy, I guess. Wishing you a niggle-free ownership experience!
And by the way, those are beautiful pictures.

I own a BNW Linea too. For me the major shortcoming is that the engine feels underpowered on those highway runs. It begs a 1.6 MJD to complement the brilliant ride and handling package.
Firstly Thanks for the wishes.

The 1.3 MJD is no winner in the 0-100 timings, but let me tell you the mid range is from the 1.3 MJD is quite good. Like the sayings "More is never enough", even I would love the 1.6 MJD VGT version. But thats for another day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The Linea Looks absolutely fantabulous in white. Congratulations and wish you many, many happy miles with the highway-loving machine!

Many thanks to you for inviting me over to Prerana motors before you took delivery . It was nice to catch up with you and the car in person and take a look at this car decorated in the delivery bay.

You were saying something about the osram headlamp upgrades that day. Could you add details on the costs and from where you got them? I might be thinking of a headlamp bulb upgrade for my linea too.

More pictures eagerly awaited from your next Chikmagalur trip! Hope we get to see the white linea amidst coffee estates.
Thank you so much Karthik. You did help me out with the short PDI before delivery. Most of it is sorted out.

About Osram bulbs, I will have a separate post for that with complete details.

Chikamagalur trip is in waiting, so let me see if I will make it on Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Congrats on your Linea. Wish you a very happy and pleasing ownership.

Loved the beach photographs. Truly promo material.
The proper photoshoot is still pending. There is one more Linea FTA Tjet+ waiting for the Photoshoot. KarthiKK are you reading this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Congrats once again and welcome back to the FIAT world!

The pictures by the sea side are stunning.

With the higher stance, how do you feel about the highspeed poise now? Have you compared against a older Linea?
Thank you Praful.

There is a bit of body roll with the higher stance, but nothing alarming or even disturbing. The ride and handling is still the best in the segment. The piece of mind of not scraping the speed breakers and the potholes is reassuring.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 12:34   #32
Senior - BHPian

@NKrishna : Congratulations for the Linea. This is indeed a wonderful car and I also felt, just like you did, that the Linea looks fabulous in BNW. Wishing you niggle free driving of the best looking sedan for many years to come.

At first I thought you're another person bitten by the Fiat bug, but as I read on I came to know that Fiat is know territory for you. Welcome back to the Fiat family.

May I ask you the month of manufacture of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Secondly once you experience the excellent service etiquette of Toyota then it would be interesting to see how he now finds Fiat after sales. Again I hope it turns out to be better than Toyota and that way atleast I would be convinced that a lot being said about Fiat after sales being the reason behind its demise is false.
@Drmohitg : With all due respect to your views, Sir you need to understand, that Fiatians love their cars for the sheer pleasure of driving, the superb handling and safety that Fiat cars offer and not for their after sales service.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 12:53   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
@NKrishna : Congratulations for the Linea. This is indeed a wonderful car and I also felt, just like you did, that the Linea looks fabulous in BNW. Wishing you niggle free driving of the best looking sedan for many years to come.

At first I thought you're another person bitten by the Fiat bug, but as I read on I came to know that Fiat is know territory for you. Welcome back to the Fiat family.

May I ask you the month of manufacture of the car.
Thanks for the wishes mate. BNW Linea indeed looks fabulous. Any color goes well with the Linea and Punto the reason may be due to the design.

I was smitten by FIAT long before even the Linea/Punto were launched.

ELZ - May 2012 was the month of Manufacture.

Quote:
@Drmohitg : With all due respect to your views, Sir you need to understand, that Fiatians love their cars for the sheer pleasure of driving, the superb handling and safety that Fiat cars offer and not for their after sales service.
+1. By the way the Fiat A.S.S is very much on par with other manufacturers atleast in Bangalore. If you know the Service Advisor, its even better.
Old 20th September 2012, 14:27   #34
rbp
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 20th September 2012 at 17:05.
rbp is online now   Received Infraction
Old 20th September 2012, 14:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

Aahh! So this is the replacement for the Liva! Nice choice, wish you many happy kilometres with your new beauty. Let's hope Fiat fan base increases soon.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 15:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

Good choice. The white looks smashing.

On another perspective, I am not happy that Fiat are now providing the same alloy and tire specifications as the T Jet Plus. The T Jet Plus no longer stays exclusive.

You took a good call with buying a diesel. If a Liva was costing you so much to run, the T Jet would have run you broke. I do not have the luxury to drive my T Jet Plus every day to work as it would cost quite a bit and the only way to drive the T Jet is to keep prodding that throttle and this leads to higher fuel consumption. However, the joys of riding that torque and power wave of the T Jet is something the Multijet cannot match. Maybe in 1.6l guise. With a broader tire foot print it is going to make the engine work harder on the Multijet. The T Jet is a car best kept for those once in a while flat out highway runs or if you have a truck load of cash to burn on fuel. The 1.4l turbo petrol is not as efficient as they claim but you tend to forget how much gas the car guzzles once you get behind the wheel of a T Jet. Looking at the fuel gauge will make you weep. The drive just makes up for it though and it should feel about the same with your Multijet. It is underpowered for sure but once on the move you love how the car drives, responds, is comfortable, you feel safe and that is what matters. This car is such a joy to drive.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 20th September 2012 at 15:40.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 16:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the buy! Quite the upgrade!

Totally understand the logic on the diesel vs the Tjet , i fortunately do not need to make such hard decisions given that my daily commute is only about 20kms in total , so petrol makes sense for me till this changes!

How was the paint sealant job? Planning to get it done on my car as well but a bit 50 50 on whether it would really be an advantage.

Congratulations again! look forward to seeing some pictures especially of the interiors.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2012, 11:10   #38
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2012, 12:46   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Congratulations on the buy! Quite the upgrade!

Totally understand the logic on the diesel vs the Tjet , i fortunately do not need to make such hard decisions given that my daily commute is only about 20kms in total , so petrol makes sense for me till this changes!

How was the paint sealant job? Planning to get it done on my car as well but a bit 50 50 on whether it would really be an advantage.

Congratulations again! look forward to seeing some pictures especially of the interiors.
Thanks for the wishes mate. The diesel economics simply took over the both heart and mind. After all both were Lineas, but the driving fun with Tjet is unparalleled. Anyways have a couple of friends with Tjets to satisfy some thrist.

Paint sealant I have found it to be useful on both the Liva and Linea. Please get it done, if the moolah permits.

A proper photo shoot of the interior and exterior is still pending.
Old 24th September 2012, 11:31   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Completed another 560 odd kms drive. The drive brought a wide grin again for its ride and handling.

Used the boot perfectly. Bought a literal truck load of vegetables on the way back. The boot swallowed it without a complaint.

Overall Mileage for the trip - 19.7 kmpl (MID). Yet to tank to check manual kmpl figure.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 00:06   #41
Senior - BHPian

Better late than never.

Congratulations nkrishnap. And wish you many thousands of miles with your beauty. Trust me, you will enjoy every time you take her out on the highway. It is really addictive. I completed 31000 kms. in the first 11 months of my ownership of Linea.

From what I know, you won't face any issues with regard to the service in Bangalore. You will be fine .

Here's my report on completing an year of ownership if you are interested,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2909161

Last edited by rameshnanda : 26th September 2012 at 00:10.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 14:31   #42
BHPian

Congrats @ nkrishnap

It feels good to see another fellow bhpian fall in love with the Italian beauty.

I feel that it's an under-rated car mostly because of the lack of punch provided by the diesel mill of this car. Also, if you accelerate aggressively, the FE drops drastically.

The body of the car is quite sturdy compared to Sx4, Verna. Though Rapid and vento might be on the same scale as linea.

I hope you enjoy the ride and a trouble free experience with this beauty.
hocuspocus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 13:14   #43
BHPian

Dear nkrishnap,

Congrats on buying the new Linea! The car, as it has been, looks very impressive. But I thought of seeing some pictures of its improved interiors too...

Is it a four-years warranty that you have got for the vehicle?

Vipin.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 13:47   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Better late than never.

Congratulations nkrishnap. And wish you many thousands of miles with your beauty. Trust me, you will enjoy every time you take her out on the highway. It is really addictive. I completed 31000 kms. in the first 11 months of my ownership of Linea.

From what I know, you won't face any issues with regard to the service in Bangalore. You will be fine .

Here's my report on completing an year of ownership if you are interested,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2909161
Thank you so much. Now dont give ideas of breaching that 31000 within 11 months.

I haven't had any issues with the Palio service itself, so I believe it cant get worse than the palio experience for sure. So service has never been a problem for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocuspocus View Post
Congrats @ nkrishnap

It feels good to see another fellow bhpian fall in love with the Italian beauty.

I feel that it's an under-rated car mostly because of the lack of punch provided by the diesel mill of this car. Also, if you accelerate aggressively, the FE drops drastically.

The body of the car is quite sturdy compared to Sx4, Verna. Though Rapid and vento might be on the same scale as linea.

I hope you enjoy the ride and a trouble free experience with this beauty.
Any car for that matter driven in a pedal to metal way will yeild lesser effiicency. So Linea is no exception to this. I generally climb gears sooner. So efficiency will not be an issue unless I drive at 5kmph average speed like I did a couple of days back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Dear nkrishnap,

Congrats on buying the new Linea! The car, as it has been, looks very impressive. But I thought of seeing some pictures of its improved interiors too...

Is it a four-years warranty that you have got for the vehicle?

Vipin.
Thanks Vipin. Yes I have opted for the extended warranty that covers upto 4 years.

I am yet to post proper pictures of both the exterior and interior. Planning to do that soon though.
Old 27th September 2012, 16:46   #45
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your perfect decision. Your photography skills are making the beautiful italian looks more gorgeous

Fiats are not owned, they are possessed!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks