Old 25th December 2014, 06:58   #151
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
30K Service Update:
Congrats on hitting another milestone!

Quote:
Regarding the bill, does the wind shield shampoo cost 450/-?
The windshield wash concentrate that Maruti gives costs Rs 13.10 bucks. This is to be mixed with 1L water and poured into the wash bottle in the engine bay. VFM and effective too.

I don't know what they have provided you for Rs 450!

Quote:
I didn't want to do the Wheel Alignment/Balancing but they informed me that not doing the WA/WB means I am risking the Warranty.
Does the warranty booklet state that not doing WA/WB would void warranty? I don't think so. Please do check.

IMO, the ASC can't force you to get this done on the name of warranty. Bad move from ASC!

Quote:
They checked the turbo and updated me that all is well with the turbo.
The next time you meet your SA @ Vecto, please find out how they 'checked' the turbo for its current condition?

Quote:
Here is the pics of the stock brake pad which was changed at 27500 Kms, any idea how much more KMs this would have lasted?
Good move actually keeping your long drives in mind, nice!

Did you change the brake fluid too? And also, what about bleeding and refilling the reservoir and line with fresh brake oil?

Keep clocking miles and also keep updating the thread. Hooked onto this thread.

Anurag.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd March 2015 at 14:37. Reason: Spelling errors
Old 25th December 2014, 07:56   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: '13 Fiat Linea MJD. 30,000 kms up

Thanks Anurag!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

The windshield wash concentrate that Maruti gives costs Rs 13.10 bucks. This is ti be mixed into 1L water and poured intuitive the wash bottle in the engine bay. VFM and effective too.

I don't know what they have provided you for Rs 450!
Yes, I know that its very cheap in Maruti. Not sure if this is a billing mistake because the quantity says "5". I will check with them on this.

Quote:
Dies the warranty booklet state that not doing WA/WB would void warranty? I don't think so. Please do check.

IMO, the ASC can't force you to get this done on the name of warranty. Bad move from ASC!
As per the booklet, WA/WB is mandatory every 15K Kms unlike Maruti which says WA/WB is enough only when we face a left/right pull issue(this was true for my previous Dzire not sure what Maruti says now).

Quote:
The next time you met/cask your SA @ Vecto, please find out hoe they 'checked' the turbo for its current condition?!

Good move actually keeping your long drives in mind, nice!

Did you change the brake fluid too? And also what about bleeding and refilling the reservoir+line with fresh brake oil?
Anurag.
I was informed that turbo hose was checked for leakages and they are fine.
Regarding brake fluid replacement, this is done every 60K Kms.
Old 1st February 2015, 22:59   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

First Anniversary and 33Kms

Feb 1st - First Anniversary and 33Kms:

So, here I am after a blissful one year (and 33K Kms) of experience with my beloved Linea MJD. In simple terms, I should say it exceeded my expectations including my experience with Fiat and FASS.
  • Coming from 8 years of experience from Maruti(Top Seller for years) to Fiat (struggling at the bottom of the sales chart) was really a big decision. But, after an year of Linea ownership, I have no regrets with my decision and I am happy.
  • Prior to this ownership, like many others, even I used to blame on reliability/unfriendly FASS to stay away from Fiat. But, this experience has proved to be otherwise. Yes, they have a scope for improvement on quality control but its not as worse as being projected by many.
Usage of Linea Vs my previous rides WagonR and Dzire. This graph is based on the number of days taken to cover every 1000Kms

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-kms.jpg

FE - Avg Speed Vs MID Fig and Full Tank Method

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-fe1.jpg

FE - MID Fig Vs Full Tank Method

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-fe2.jpg

FE - City Only (Average Speed Vs MID Fig & Full Tank Method)

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-fe3.jpg

ODO Share

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-odo.jpg

Average usage: 90.41 Kms/Day

Some numbers on Fuel Efficiency:

FE calculated full tank to full tank method:
Overall average FE: 15.46
Lowest FE: 12.88
Highest FE: 19.94

FE from MID:
Overall average FE: 15.77
Lowest FE: 13.4
Highest FE: 21

During my drive Bangalore - Chennai, while entering the city the FE was 22.9.

AC is ON most of the times, at least 95%
Almost all the refuels done at BP. Except very few in HP, especially when on highways.

Likes/Dislikes:

It’s already mentioned here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3570139
  • Something I would like to add is the rear seat comfort. I keep getting feedback from the rear seat passengers that the seat is very comfy despite average leg space. Even my sister who is used to the rear seat of the spacious Nissan Sunny commented that the rear seat is very comfortable.
Servicing :

First Service @ 4835 Kms:
It would have been Zero if not for the oil change which I opted for.
Total cost: 2508

Second Service @ 14818 Kms:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3488547

Third service @ 27434Kms: This was done ahead of the schedule due to a long drive
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3609438

Issues faced/Parts changed under warranty:
  • Battery was changed on the delivery day.
  • Front (right/left) shock absorbers replaced, it was giving some sound while going on rough patches.
  • Front Wind Screen replaced due to uneven finish on the borders with the sealant coming out.
  • Hand Brake was not working intermittently and hence replaced.
  • Rear right side door lock/latch was not locking/unlocking intermittently and hence replaced.
  • Twitter covers replaced on both the front doors due to colour mismatch
Parts changed:
  • Brake pads were changed @27434 Kms, it was changed as a proactive measure due to a long drive. Else it would have gone for another 5-7K Kms.
Unresolved Issues:
  • A rattling sound from the dashboard. This is an intermittent issue and happens only when the dashboard gets very hot(especially during summer). FASS is willing to replace the dashboard, but for now, I have kept them on hold because it’s been a while since this issue reoccurred, probably due to the cold winter.
  • A squeaking sound coming from somewhere near rear right door. This comes only on uneven roads especially when the rear tyres are on different level – Reported this to Vecto with the ODO around 22K, they said it will be taken care during the 30K servicing but they missed it. They have asked me to bring again at my convenience and assured that it will be taken care.
Experience With FASS(Vecto Motors):
  • They don’t make any fuss about parts replacement under warranty for known issues or if they feel a replacement is required due to any parts defect.
  • They try to make sure that the issue is getting resolved no matter what.
  • At times, we may get some vague response as well. So, we should make sure that we are talking to the right person.
  • Overall, I am very happy with the service Vecto Motors.
States Visited during by long drives:
  • Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana
Overall I am happy and I hope this pleasurable experience with my Linea continues for years to come.

Some random pics,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t1optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t2optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t3optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t4optimized.jpg

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t5optimized.jpg

Hit the 33K milestone today,

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty, Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: Sold-t6optimized.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 1st February 2015 at 23:01.
arun_josie is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 23:16   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: '13 Fiat Linea MJD-1st Anniversary & 33

That's some distance covered in the first year. Congrats and wish many more thousands of kms pleasure drives. Like you have aptly mentioned, Fiat has come a long way and has some more distance to go in terms being more consistent.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 23:17   #155
Team-BHP Support

Re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: '13 Fiat Linea MJD-1st Anniversary & 33

You really seem to be enjoying the car Arun. 33K in a year is like almost living in the car ! And I can see that as well 90km/day. Fiat on the highway surely would be a satisfying thrill. Any thoughts on engine mods or plan to remain with stock?
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 08:24   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
That's some distance covered in the first year. Congrats and wish many more thousands of kms pleasure drives. Like you have aptly mentioned, Fiat has come a long way and has some more distance to go in terms being more consistent.
Thanks krishna for your wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You really seem to be enjoying the car Arun. 33K in a year is like almost living in the car ! And I can see that as well 90km/day. Fiat on the highway surely would be a satisfying thrill. Any thoughts on engine mods or plan to remain with stock?
Yes, more power on tap means more fun. But at this moment I have decided to stay with the stock setup.
Old 2nd February 2015, 08:34   #157
Senior - BHPian

Re: First Anniversary and 33Kms

Quote:
Feb 1st - First Anniversary and 33Kms:

So, here I am after a blissful one year (and 33K Kms) of experience with my beloved Linea MJD. In simple terms, I should say it exceeded my expectations including my experience with Fiat and FASS.
Congratulations!

I must also appreciate your supportive family. Its another thing to have wanderlust - another for your family to cooperate and let you indulge it

Your ownership is quite important since you're an ex MSIL owner, and that you're happy with FASS while not having many warranty complaints (unlike sidindica's number of warranty complaints on the other thread!!).
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 14:41   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: First Anniversary and 33Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Congratulations!
I must also appreciate your supportive family. Its another thing to have wanderlust - another for your family to cooperate and let you indulge it
Yes, I totally agree with you. Without support from the family, it’s difficult to go on frequent drives. In fact, almost all my drives were with family and they like traveling as well, including my kids.

Quote:
Your ownership is quite important since you're an ex MSIL owner, and that you're happy with FASS while not having many warranty complaints (unlike sidindica's number of warranty complaints on the other thread!!).
Regarding warranty claims, it stands at 6 for me and most of them are minor ones except the Windscreen change which took around 4 days. But, they gave a Tjet as loaner car for those 4 days. So, why would I complain.

Shock absorbers, this issue was with the front left but as a proactive measure they voluntarily changed the right one as well. I was impressed and this gave me more confidence towards them.

Yes, I follow sidindica's thread as well and his numbers are definitely on the higher side. If Fiat can improve on their quality control, then this will release some pressure on FASS as well.
Old 2nd February 2015, 15:26   #159
Senior - BHPian

Re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. 1st Anniversary & 33k k

Congratulations on completing a great first year with your Linea. 33K kms certainly means you have been munching miles consistently every day. Not everyone is able to do that. It is really heartening to know that you have not had any issue with respect to service. I really loved the detailed graphs you have put up. Wish you many more miles of happy motoring with the Linea.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 15:31   #160
BANNED

Quote:
Feb 1st - First Anniversary and 33Kms

Hit the 33K milestone today
Congratulations on the milestone and the anniversary!

We are both are head-to-head currently with similar running figures.

Happy that the Linea is performing well as well no complaints from FASS.

Happy mile munching.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 09:18   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. 1st Anniversary & 33k k

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Congratulations on completing a great first year with your Linea.

I really loved the detailed graphs you have put up. Wish you many more miles of happy motoring with the Linea.
Thanks for your kind words and wishes, addyhemmige

Quote:
Congratulations on the milestone and the anniversary!

We are both are head-to-head currently with similar running figures.
Thanks anurag! Yes, I used to monitor your thread. Its 35K+, right? The difference is, your home-office run takes a bigger chunk from the ODO but for me it goes the opposite way.
Old 4th February 2015, 11:40   #162
BANNED

Quote:

Thanks anurag! Yes, I used to monitor your thread. Its 35K+, right? The difference is, your home-office run takes a bigger chunk from the ODO but for me it goes the opposite way.
36287 kms is the current reading!

All odometer reasons for me be it with the Ritz and Swift is 96% home to office and back, being 107 kms a day with no outstation trips at all.

For you it is the opposite!
Old 4th February 2015, 23:48   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your kind words and wishes, addyhemmige

Congrats Arun ! At this rate and going by the drop in diesel rates , we will be definitely seeing another 40K kms this year. And then the 10+ long weekends coming up. You usually average 1500 kms on a normal 3 day weekend. So , we are looking at 1L kms by this year end ?

Quote:
36287 kms is the current reading!

All odometer reasons for me be it with the Ritz and Swift is 96% home to office and back, being 107 kms a day with no outstation trips at all.

For you it is the opposite!
Anurag , didn't understand your post. Looks like you have just tried to translate Arun's comment in your own words just kidding !
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 00:19   #164
BANNED

Quote:
Hit the 33K milestone today,
BTW, do you notice any vibrations when the car is at 2000 RPM only?

In 3rd, 4th and 5th gear @ 2K RPM?
Old 5th February 2015, 12:37   #165
BHPian

Great running Arun. 33k in a year!
The car looks in excellent condition and shows how much you love it.
Keep it going.
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks