Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2014, 23:06   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Could you post 2nd and 3rd row 3D mats pics too.
Will post the pic over weekend.
Yes, as you said 2nd row mat does not extend below 1st row seat.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2014, 14:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Many Congratulations Suhas, for the red Cheetah.
Wish you many happy miles and a niggle free performance from the Cheetah.
Enjoy your ride and drive safe.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 18:06   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Please post a pic of the rear, especially the bumper guard.
Bejoy, please find the rear pic. The first pic was taken during Gopalaswamy betta trip last weekend.

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-suh_4167.jpg

Rear bumper.
My prefered location for installing rear camera was still down. However dropped that plan since view will be obstructed due to bumper.

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-suh_4223.jpg

Quote:
CoulBd you post 2nd and 3rd row 3D mats pics too.

This is the pic of 2nd row mat, you can see the edge of mats below front row seats. This helps in dust from falling over to vehicle floor.

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-suh_4224.jpg

Pic of third row mat with second row seat folded away.

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-suh_4225.jpg

Vehicle cover

I am not a big fan of car covers. However since I stay near to outer ring road and due to a construction site next door thought of getting it.

The material is thin and it helps in putting the covers on easily. However on downside it becomes like a parachute at slight hint of breeze.

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-cam00186.jpg

To prevent the cover from flying over I have put velcro straps and tie the same to wheels.

During visit to Anant cars saw this escalation chart. Sharing since it may be useful to other Bangalore M&M owners.

Optimus Prime - Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV5OO W8 ownership report-cam00184.jpg
mpksuhas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 23:23   #34
BHPian

Thanks mpksuhas for the pics. I also plan to put 3D mat and use the all weather mat dealer is going to provide on top of it. Is beige shade also available/cost same as that of 3D kagu black shade.
Twiny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 13:06   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I also plan to put 3D mat and use the all weather mat dealer is going to provide on top of it. Is beige shade also available/cost same as that of 3D kagu black shade.
Yes, I am also doing the same.
I got the rubber mat from the dealer, however I have seen the M&M cloth mat and feel the quality of the same is better than rubber ones. Also I am noticing black marks on my shoe where it rubs with the mat. I guess this may be an issue if you get beige mats.

Cost of beige ones are same as black and beige is more easily available online. You can call and check with HotTracks if you are in Bangalore, I found their rates better than online stores.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 13:26   #36
BHPian

Congrats on the car Suhas and wish you lots of happy miles. I took delivery of my AWD at the end of March 2014 from Anant and covered around 4200 kms till now. I still hate Mahindra for not giving me an option of Tuscan Red on AWD . When did you receive the vehicle? (Sorry if I missed it in the post).

Last edited by A350XWB : 4th August 2014 at 13:30.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 16:05   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
I took delivery of my AWD at the end of March 2014 from Anant and covered around 4200 kms till now. I still hate Mahindra for not giving me an option of Tuscan Red on AWD
Thanks A350XWB.

I took delivery of vehicle on 13-June, booking was done on 02-June.
Since you have mentioned your ODO reading, do you know how flexible is M&M and Anant cars in particular about ODO reading during service. My current ODO reading is around 3500 KM's currently.

I was planning two trips totaling to around 1500 KMs second week of this month. Was thinking if to give the vehicle for service after that. However there is a chance that ODO reading may be above 5000 KM's by few hundred KM's by then.

Both the trips will be spaced by only one day, hence it may be bit tough to give vehicle service in between.
Old 4th August 2014, 18:33   #38
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
However there is a chance that ODO reading may be above 5000 KM's by few hundred KM's by then.
Nothing to worry about if you inform your RM well in advance. My RM assured me that plus or minus 500 km range is always allowed, when I mentioned that the second service of my XUV 500 could be well before the stipulated 10 k km because of my impending mega trip to Leh in September.
  (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 08:12   #39
BHPian

Quote:
I took delivery of vehicle on 13-June, booking was done on 02-June.
Thanks for the info. As J.Ravi has mentioned below, if you inform the Service Centre, it should be fine. They usually don't have much of a problem, especially if you are prompt in informing them.
As a side note, the only time I serviced my vehicle at the exact stipulated time (km to be precise as all my services were done before the time limits) was the 10K service of my Figo. That day, as the car rolled into the Service centre, the odometre was showing exactly 10000. Some sort of a miracle I suppose and even the SA was surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Nothing to worry about if you inform your RM well in advance.
A350XWB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 12:29   #40
BHPian

Hi mpksuhas,

Glad to see a Red XUV.
Well We have red one and we always liked the red, so much so that, when XUV was in demand and dealer was giving us any other color (immediate delivery after lottery) but we waited & waited and finally got RED.

We find that RED Gels well with its interior even though there are other interior option as well but you can't have different interior lighting.

Also the Chrome looks awesome on RED and for that matter on all the dark colors.

We have chrome all around. But sad to say that quality of chrome (from dealer) was not good and they have lost the shine in two years and we are thinking of replacement.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 14:10   #41
BHPian

Quote:
I stay near Bellandur, you can identify my ride with LTD sticker on rear guard.
I also stay in Bellandur
Old 10th August 2014, 22:05   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Since you have mentioned your ODO reading, do you know how flexible is M&M and Anant cars in particular about ODO reading during service.
Suhas, I'm back after a drive to Pondy, Chennai and my odo is at 5250. I called up Anant and they told me that they will do the free service, even if it is 5500 or 5600. That should answer your query So, no issues, enjoy the drive and go in for the first service after that.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 17:44   #43
Team-BHP Support

Ha ! So that explains the sudden spate of rise on weekend drives!

Congrats on the new buy. Its one of the best long distance cruisers in its class. Even I pondered to buy it. But, the only thing that stopped me was its size and engine capacity. I needed something smaller for the city as well. Hence I went with the Duster. The fact that its more than 2L, means lower FE compared to the 1.5/1.6L diesels. (And that was a must have for me to not go for it. I drive 50km+ in the city every day).

But the same fact (that the engine >2L), gives it a phenomenal punch for the highway. If you are looking for the cruise, look no further.

- How is the audio quality? Any changes planned on that front?
- If you dont have a GPS, I would recommend a Garmin 14XX series for the road. I know the vehicle comes with MMI, but I would still recommend the PND.
- Is this 2.0 version of XUV? Then you should not be expecting any teething issues.

Apart from that you are well set for every thing. Congrats once again and happy cruising.

Last edited by ampere : 15th August 2014 at 17:45.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 16:14   #44
BHPian

I bought my XUV 5OO W8 in April 2014. I use it mostly on city rides and occasional long distance rides. The infotainment always shows 11.1 KMPL as the mileage that I am getting. Even on long distance drives it remained the same. I am surprised at how you are getting 14 and 17 KMPL!!! Is there anything wrong with my XUV??

What about other XUV5OO owners in TBHP?
sudheermenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 17:10   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheermenon View Post
I bought my XUV 5OO W8 in April 2014. I use it mostly on city rides and occasional long distance rides. The infotainment always shows 11.1 KMPL as the mileage that I am getting. Even on long distance drives it remained the same. I am surprised at how you are getting 14 and 17 KMPL!!! Is there anything wrong with my XUV??

What about other XUV5OO owners in TBHP?
Did you try and press the reset button on the fuel consumption screen. When I got mine at first it kept showing 9 kmpl with AC on. But after the reset, right before a long highway drive it achieved 18 kmpl with AC on. At present I am getting 12.6 kmpl with AC on in city. 10% consists of 1st gear, 60% of my drive consists of 2nd and 3rd gear, and 10% consists of 4th and 5th gear.
falconion is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks