Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2018, 09:14   #346
BHPian

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Anybody has news of , when the new pajero sport is coming to India ? I still have time till diwali can wait .
For all I know, you may already have made a purchase, but since I am also interested and had been searching, for what it's worth, here's the best estimate Autocar had 2 days ago - "expected to launch sometime later this year".

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-corner-395106
Old 6th June 2018, 00:24   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSDey View Post

The local guy came, told me the battery - 5 year old original - is down, and hence the problem.

I told him about the white smoke and the lag. He said that happened because I push started the car. Big diesel cars like these should not be push started.

Then he replaced the battery and car is now working like new.
Mr Dey, sorry to hear about your experience and good to see the happy ending. I am very curious to learn more though, around two points:
1. The weak battery would usually cause a car to not start, and at times it causes the engine to shudder while running with AC because of extra electrical load, but would a weak battery also cause the rpm to get stuck?
2. What's wrong with push starting the car? Is it continuation of my point 1 above where a weak battery causes issues while running the car, which means we cannot jump start this car anymore, we have to necessarily change the battery if it's weak?

Interested to know more about this from any of the experts. Thanks in advance.
Old 6th June 2018, 00:34   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
1. The weak battery would usually cause a car to not start, and at times it causes the engine to shudder while running with AC because of extra electrical load, but would a weak battery also cause the rpm to get stuck?
2. What's wrong with push starting the car? Is it continuation of my point 1 above where a weak battery causes issues while running the car, which means we cannot jump start this car anymore, we have to necessarily change the battery if it's weak?
I also worried about your question 1. Mechanic did tell me that idling at 800-1000 rpm is normal but I am not so sure. And I did also notice that at 4th gear, 80kmph speed, rpm is not crossing 2k, which is generally a bit above 2k in my experience.

So maybe there's something else wrong with the car besides the battery.

As to push starting, I have never before push started this big a car. Plus that day it war raining quite badly. I don't know if the white smoke is somehow related to the rain. But why would a running car- despite the weak battery - have no acceleration after push start?

Basically, every condition in the car I saw that day and in the weeks before that did not point to a weak battery to me - it pointed to something else, like fuel not properly reaching the engine.

I was very surprised when the battery set things right.

I need to take the car on a long drive to figure out if anything else is wrong.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th June 2018 at 00:38. Reason: Fixed quote tags
MrSDey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 00:47   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSDey View Post

I need to take the car on a long drive to figure out if anything else is wrong.

Thanks. I think you should have a word with Dev, he really knows these cars well. In my very limited knowledge, I suspect there was some water issue with your fuel, or a weak battery caused your fuel pump to not work or something additional that caused the white smoke. So while the final root cause might still be the battery, it's worth figuring out a bit more to cause a no repeat. Good luck with your testing!
anshuman_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 16:50   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, been busy with life and other things. So here is an update on my lights: While I was very happy with the 4300K colour temperature LED lights - they lights were creating a slightly uneven pattern when used with my projector headlamps in the Pajero Sport. This is because the LEDs have 4 light spots in each bulb - and hence don't focus very well in a projector setup which expects a single focal point. I then switched over to 4500K color temperature HID bulbs - and lo and behold, it is quite an awesome change.

The 4500K is almost white, a kind of cream white. It does not dazzle oncoming traffic, but is quite bright and the throw in a projector setup is very uniform. The uniformity can be gauged from the fact that when I now switch on the fog lamps, I don't get too much difference anymore - whereas earlier, with halogen or with LED, I used to have an unlit area quite near the bumper of the car which the fog lamps would cover.

I am now sticking with the HID lights. The LEDs will work very well in a normal reflector setup - where the HIDs are a complete waste.

So here is my recommendation for low lamp, projector setup for the Pajero Sport:
1. 4500K HID lamps - because of their ability to utilize the focusing ability of the projector setup
2. 4300K LED lamps
3. Osram Night Breaker Unlimited
4. Stock lamps

I have to put in a word of recommendation for my supplier: Abhishek of TD Autoz. He is a great help with all technical queries, is quite knowledgeable and best of all - will courier you stuff all over India to try out if you want to before making a decision. Although the LED costs are higher than Alibaba made in China stuff, Abhishek's quality of material plus service makes it worth the price.

Anshuman,

First of all, how did I miss your thread for so many days. Anyway, good to see your review and PS in such a good shape.

Second, from the pics you posted after I purchasing, I realized that you stay in PFS where I too stay .

Third, I think LED is the way to go and better value for money if you get the right LEDs at right price. You need to come and see the setup I have on my Pajero Sport. I have changed to LEDs about 1.5 yrs ago and its been fantastic. Just for Rs 2600, I have changed both high and low beams to LEDs and its been really great.

More details are at this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4423918

PM me your number I and I will show you my setup some time.
deepaktpatil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 13:44   #351
BHPian

Sorry for hijacking the thread. I currently own XUV 500 AWD and I am looking to upgrade to the next segment. The choices that I have are XUV 700 (which is scheduled for launch in October) and Pajero. Given that the new Outlander is launched, is there a possibility of the new Pajero also getting launched sooner. I have totally ruled out Fortuner and Ford Endeavour.
Old 12th September 2018, 15:25   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharp77 View Post
Sorry for hijacking the thread. I currently own XUV 500 AWD and I am looking to upgrade to the next segment. The choices that I have are XUV 700 (which is scheduled for launch in October) and Pajero. Given that the new Outlander is launched, is there a possibility of the new Pajero also getting launched sooner. I have totally ruled out Fortuner and Ford Endeavour.

Can we know the reason for ruling out Fortuner and Endeavour from your list? Ideally it is always between the either two with limited sales and services experience from Mitsubishi.
Old 13th September 2018, 12:21   #353
BANNED

Quote:
Given that the new Outlander is launched, is there a possibility of the new Pajero also getting launched sooner. I have totally ruled out Fortuner and Ford Endeavour.
Nope, not before the 2019 festive season. Mitsubishi Motors has a lot of constraints that they need to fight through before they can launch something new.

Why not the Fortuner and the Endeavour?
Old 14th September 2018, 18:15   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Can we know the reason for ruling out Fortuner and Endeavour from your list? Ideally, it is always between the either two with limited sales and services experience from Mitsubishi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Nope, not before the 2019 festive season. Mitsubishi Motors has a lot of constraints that they need to fight through before they can launch something new.

Why not the Fortuner and the Endeavour?
The primary reason for dropping Endeavour is the lack of a manual option. I am not interested in automatic at all and somehow never get the feeling of driving in automatic variants.

Fortuner, I went for a long test drive and was never comfortable with the ride quality. I know there is lot of plus with Fortuner but for me, I never felt a difference in ride quality between Fortuner and my XUV.

When you mentioned festive season of 2019, is it early 2019 or late 2019 .
Old 14th September 2018, 18:55   #355
BANNED

Quote:
I am not interested in automatic at all and somehow never get the feeling of driving in automatic variants.

Fortuner, I went for a long test drive and was never comfortable with the ride quality. I know there is lot of plus with Fortuner but for me, I never felt a difference in ride quality between Fortuner and my XUV.

When you mentioned festive season of 2019, is it early 2019 or late 2019 .
If you are courageous enough to spend 3 plus million rupees and drive a manual in the maddening traffic at Bangalore, why even look at these vehicles?

Pick the Hexa AWD and be happy with it. It is plusher, way cheaper has a good AWD and is also more frugal.

The new Pajero Sport, whenever it comes, will most likely not come in the manual variant anyway.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 20:56   #356
BHPian

Quote:
If you are courageous enough to spend 3 plus million rupees and drive a manual in the maddening traffic at Bangalore, why even look at these vehicles?

Pick the Hexa AWD and be happy with it. It is plusher, way cheaper has a good AWD and is also more frugal.

The new Pajero Sport, whenever it comes, will most likely not come in the manual variant anyway.
Thanks for your inputs. I have asked for a test drive of Pajero Select Plus through the website. Today I received a call asking for more details. Let us see how it turns out to be. Will keep you posted.
Old 2nd October 2018, 17:40   #357
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks. I think you should have a word with Dev, he really knows these cars well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baahubali
About the car-
Manufacturing Year- Oct 2013
Registration - Feb 2014
Kms on odo - 1.1Lakh
Changes from the original purchase - Clutch assy changed at about 85k kms. Brakes changed to brembo brakes. Air filter modified to a different brand.

Are there any specific things that I should check for in a 1L + PS ?
To start with, someone who waited for 4 months to register the vehicle is an indication of either his/her lack of funds or being fishy.
Secondly, a lac isn't a lot for the PS if it has been maintained as per the service schedule, so check the service history at SVR Motors.
Thirdly, check the modification done to the air filter, if it is a filter by a good brand like K&N and fits in the OEM housing, you are good, but otherwise, be careful.

How are the tires?
When was the battery replaced?
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 18:38   #358
BHPian

Quote:
To start with, someone who waited for 4 months to register the vehicle is an indication of either his/her lack of funds or being fishy.
Why do you say so? There is always a minimum of 2-3 months gap between manufacturing date and registration date in both pull and push markets. Even a vehicle which is manufactured on demand would have a gap of atleast half a month from manufacturing date and registration date. The VIN number is designated as soon as the planning for the vehicle is done inside a plant. The process of cutting steel rolls to vehicle out normally take at least 36-48 hrs depending on the plant size. Then a number of vehicles are clubbed inside a carrier vehicle during the outbound from plant depending on the location and the transit begins. Vehicle out from assy to loading in the carrier vehicle can take upto 10 days easily. Add to that about 3-4 days in the RTO/dealer/bank etc. Hence the total lead time of 15-20 days. Not sure how it is done for Mitsubishi, they were always a Push market though, manufacturing limited colors and putting it out there. Bangalore being near HM plant definitely reduced the transit lead time.

Quote:
Thirdly, check the modification done to the air filter, if it is a filter by a good brand like K&N and fits in the OEM housing, you are good, but otherwise, be careful.

How are the tires?
When was the battery replaced?
Yes, the air filter fits perfectly.
Tired have about 5k kms left. Roughly 20% of life is there still.
Battery was replaced couple of months back.
Old 18th November 2018, 13:58   #359
BHPian

Hi,
My Pajero sport has done 1,10,000 kms and needs a timing belt replacement and some other miscellaneous work other than routine service.
Can anyone help me out with the cost of timing belt replacement?
Is it advisable to get it done from a good local mechanic since I'm not happy with the authorized service centre ?
Any recommendations for a good garage in indore?

Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 09:13   #360

Hi,
I am planning to change my stock Pahero Sport tyres. What are best options available.
I have below brand options in my mind.
Bridgestone, MRF wanderer, Michelin and Continental.

Kindly advise which of the above brands should I go for it any others.

Thank you

Joslyn

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks