Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2015, 10:40   #46
BHPian

re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
1. I am beginning to belief indicator stalks are of flimsy quality. It makes a "Khat" sound whenever used and feels like it might break any moment and need to apply force to use it. Also, the design of stalk is uncomfortable to engage it. Both while pushing the stalk up or down !
Though a little late, Congrats on your new acquisition. The colour choice looks too good.

I noticed this during the test drive of the Aspire and now the all new Figo as well. The lane change function and the actual turn indicators lack the tactile feel of some other cars. Though its not a deal breaker, it is annoying sometimes because I was not sure whether the indicators were switched on or not. Ford also has changed their placement to suit the Indian style.

Ofcourse one tap on the A pedal of the diesel and you are made to forget everything.

After contemplating between the Aspire Trend/Figo Titanium, we settled for a Sparkling Brown Figo Titanium TDCi for my dad primarily due to ABS and the convenience of the Auto AC. We were promised delivery by first week of November.

Last edited by racer_ash : 19th October 2015 at 10:44. Reason: added version
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 11:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. I am beginning to belief indicator stalks are of flimsy quality. It makes a "Khat" sound whenever used and feels like it might break any moment and need to apply force to use it. Also, the design of stalk is uncomfortable to engage it. Both while pushing the stalk up or down !
The old Figo had a similar issue. When using the tip of the stalk to engage, it felt tougher to engage and didn't feel good.
What I do now is , use the mid point of the stalk to engage which makes a difference in both feel and sound.
Old 19th October 2015, 11:16   #48
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car Avinash. Quite a change from the earlier Cruze but you seem to be enjoying this car more than Cruze from the way this initial ownership has been written . Happy mile munching on the little Aston
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 13:44   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
After contemplating between the Aspire Trend/Figo Titanium, we settled for a Sparkling Brown Figo Titanium TDCi for my dad primarily due to ABS and the convenience of the Auto AC. We were promised delivery by first week of November.
Is there a Brown option in the Figo? The Brochure does not mention any Brown option. The Brown from the new Ecosport would have been great on the Figo/Aspire.
Old 19th October 2015, 13:47   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
I think 17-19 kmpl should be ideal mileage range for city, I am touching 18.4 now in the second month
Good to know your FE is 18.4kmpl

How many kms have you munched till now and what is your style of driving?

Quote:
Congrats. That's a good decision. What was the OTR for Figo Titanium? Iam assuming its under 8 Lakhs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The old Figo had a similar issue. When using the tip of the stalk to engage, it felt tougher to engage and didn't feel good.
What I do now is , use the mid point of the stalk to engage which makes a difference in both feel and sound.
Thanks for this input. But, Aspire comes with button at end of stalk to toggle between the various options like DTE, Trip meter, kms covered in an hour etc. so I use the center portion of the stalk for changing and still find it uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats on your new car Avinash. Quite a change from the earlier Cruze but you seem to be enjoying this car more than Cruze from the way this initial ownership has been written. Happy mile munching on the little Aston
Thanks MM. Yeah, Iam enjoying the Aspire equally as much as Cruze. I found a worthy replacement ( not in upgrade sense but, on performance sense)
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 17:38   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
Is there a Brown option in the Figo? The Brochure does not mention any Brown option. The Brown from the new Ecosport would have been great on the Figo/Aspire.
My bad. I meant sparkling Gold

Quote:
Congrats. That's a good decision. What was the OTR for Figo Titanium? Iam assuming its under 8 Lakhs?
It is ~8.2L including Zero Dep, 3rd year extended warranty etc. We haggled quite a lot and could get seat covers (Art leather) and also got charges for the essential kit waived off. They were adamant on not giving any discounts citing the usual New Car, No discount.
Old 20th October 2015, 08:26   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is ~8.2L including Zero Dep, 3rd year extended warranty etc. We haggled quite a lot and could get seat covers (Art leather) and also got charges for the essential kit waived off. They were adamant on not giving any discounts citing the usual New Car, No discount.
Oh Shucks! I didn't haggle at all ( Normally I negotiate till last drop of sweat ) maybe because I bought it on company lease.

Anyways on hindsight, I should have spent some time on it which could have saved me atleast five grand.
Old 22nd October 2015, 08:29   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Iam super impressed with SYNC technology of Microsoft and here is why :

1. My job requires to be on calls most part of day and especially in mornings and this system has become sort of a boon to me. I take conference calls while driving to work using SYNC and since its completely hands-free it does not hamper my driving in any way.

The voice clarity is amazing and I have checked with users on other end of call if they hear any other ambient noises. They confirmed they are absolutely unaware about my location (despite traffic sounds outside).

Though I was a strong advocate of not taking calls while driving. This system allows you to continue focus on your driving and still take calls as your physical movement is not hampered at all

It's so good, now I return all missed calls of the day while driving back home

2. SNYC calls continue even after you switch of engine and if you decide to step out of the car, it automatically moves to phone/speaker mode so your calls are not discontinued

3. A simple press of button- SYNC will read out your in-coming text messages

4. A simple voice command- SYNC plays your favorite tracks from the USB drive that is plugged into the music system. You can use voice command to select using Genre, Album or Artist. Super cool. eh?

On that note, Wish you all a Happy Dussera !!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd October 2015 at 18:22.
mobike008 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 13:07   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Blue Bombardier completes 2000kms

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-2k_1.jpg

As you can see from 1st picture and below one ; FE is constantly improving even under my pedal to metal foot. 660kms city range on a tankful is simply outstanding !!!

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-2k_2.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 16:21   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Blue Bombardier becomes the first car that I ever owned to get a H.S.R.P
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 17:46   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Blue Bombardier becomes the first car that I ever owned to get a H.S.R.P
Hey .. isn't it supposed to have some security hologram, this looks like a normal plate except the 'IND' sign?
Old 4th November 2015, 23:55   #57

Hey congrats for the new car. I am planning to take ford figo from mody ford hyderabad. Can you share how much price and on what all you have haggled on OTR. Did you get any free accessories? And how much percentage reduction I can ask for Insurance? Sorry for bothering with so many questions. This is my first purchase, your inputs will really help me getting good price. Thanks in advance
Old 5th November 2015, 13:48   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Hey .. isn't it supposed to have some security hologram, this looks like a normal plate except the 'IND' sign?
Deep, I assume it comes with all features that are supposed to be if its a H.S.R.P

Havent taken a close look at plate as there were some folks who offered to collect it and fix it for INR 50 and I agreed as there was a huge line at the counter. Will check it out

Here are the features of H.S.R.P :

http://www.hsrpts.com/features.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorboat2992 View Post
Hey congrats for the new car. I am planning to take ford figo from mody ford hyderabad. Can you share how much price and on what all you have haggled on OTR. Did you get any free accessories? And how much percentage reduction I can ask for Insurance? Sorry for bothering with so many questions. This is my first purchase, your inputs will really help me getting good price.
Well, I haven't really negotiated hard

My OTR cost for Titanium + was 9.98 Lakhs and this is after getting the Insurance for INR 18,000

If you negotiate hard, you might get a few accessories free and most certainly get the insurance from outside as the quotes will be at least 40%-50% lower than Mody Ford. That way you can save some money but, apart from that you might not get any more discounts as its a new launch
Old 6th November 2015, 10:07   #59
BHPian

What is your opinion of the headlights of this car? I'm getting the Figo hatch back automatic for my 78 year old dad. Besides having the auto, I am thinking of doing a light upgrade on the car. Have you considered upgrading the light to say, HIDs, or do you think the stock lights are sufficient? Do you know what kind of bulb it takes?
Thanks for your informative review!
Old 6th November 2015, 21:29   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Blue Bombardier completes its 1st Service at 2400+ odd kms and despite the manual mentioning clearly that oil and oil filter to be changed at 10,000kms, I still got it done.

I had to practically convince the service advisor to get it done as he kept repeating "Sir, its not required the oil is new- why you want to waste the money" But, I insisted and they had to comply

They picked up the car at 10:00am from my home and dropped it back at 6:00pm and they did a fantastic job of cleaning the car and now BB feels tight and smooth and did a small errand and it drives great.

Some minor tweaks done was the steering angle felt on left and they corrected it and I complained of a minor noise from rear door pad and they fixed that too.

Absolutely no charges for pick up and drop facility. I am happy with their service as everyone i spoke to seemed eager to serve and bill came to a reasonable INR 1709 for 1st service

Look at the name they gave for color of car

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks