Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2007, 11:08   #31

congrats....nice colour.....
Old 25th June 2007, 11:29   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
After reading your Drive report, only thing I liked was the performance of 1.3 Multijet engine, and no wonder it was a Fiat engine!
Why do everyone says FIAT engine. I think they made it in collaboration ?
Old 25th June 2007, 11:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Why do everyone says FIAT engine. I think they made it in collaboration ?
The Technology is from FIAT!
Old 25th June 2007, 11:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After reading your Drive report, only thing I liked was the performance of 1.3 Multijet engine, and no wonder it was a Fiat engine!

And no wonder you liked it, fiatteyp, LOL.
Old 25th June 2007, 12:48   #35
BHPian

Congrats Srik

Congrats Srik ,

Now you are one of us ... .. Please do cont to share your exp with VDi ... congrats for your alloys ... it really looks very nice ..

Parking sensor cost around 4,000 ( for 6 sensors + LED )
Check out this one ..
Amazon.com: Reverse Parking Curb Sensor System: Electronics

OT ... Do update your profile with information about the new car .. and congrats once again ..
Old 25th June 2007, 13:17   #36
Team-BHP Support

Geek, finally you've bought the car. It was a long painstaking wait, but nevertheless, its here finally.

I am not a big fan of the colour, but guess you were hard pressed for lack of choice. Happy motoring, buddy.
Old 25th June 2007, 14:50   #37

hey guys I got a new swift vdi recently completed about 1000 kms.... really satisfied with my experience so far - gives me about 12.5 to 13 fuel economy with A/C in the city.
Old 25th June 2007, 16:05   #38
BHPian

Parking sensor cost around 4,000 ( for 6 sensors + LED )
Check out this one ..
Amazon.com: Reverse Parking Curb Sensor System: Electronics
Is it available in india cause here in mangalore parking sensor with display is 17000+

Last edited by aah78 : 26th June 2007 at 03:07. Reason: COLOR tags removed
Old 25th June 2007, 16:14   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTec View Post
hey guys I got a new swift vdi recently completed about 1000 kms.... really satisfied with my experience so far - gives me about 12.5 to 13 fuel economy with A/C in the city.
Whats your driving style like?

Quote:
Can ever finneyp post without writing the world highlighted in bold by me?

And being Fiats engine its so sad Fiat themselves are not capable to supply it in their cars before MUL

Quote:
i think which usually houses the ABS and is a perfect fit.
Yeah thats right, hence the horn was installed on the left for my car.
Old 25th June 2007, 16:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post

And being Fiats engine its so sad Fiat themselves are not capable to supply it in their cars before MUL
I was just trying to state the fact that it was a Fiat engine, which MUL & its fans so conveniently ignore!

Yes, it is a shame that none of the present Fiat cars has that coveted 1.3 Multijet engine, damn Fiat India!
Old 25th June 2007, 16:30   #41
Team-BHP Support

its a fiat engine by design and GM bought it off first, then suzuki got them and through them maruti got it in india and dont worry soon tata and fiats in india will get same engine.

engine is brilliant and so is the way in which suzuki and mul has integrated it into the swift.
Old 25th June 2007, 22:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

About Engine and for whom credit should be given as far as technology goes, according to me no one can beat Fiat although GM/Suzuki used it. Fieat is working on Diesel Engine for India I feel already which is better that what Fiat has offered to GM/Suzuki

We should respect Fiat for giving such a wonderfull engine for handsome car like Swift which adds big crown to this sporty car!

I feel for now Fiat is made way for MUL to try with Mulitjet and after 1 year Fiat can get all feedback/issues faced with Multijets in India and come up with better tuned engine for Fiat cars, that makes market winner
since 2008 is the year in India where we can see too many cars debuting!

And 2010 may be the year of hybrids!

So expect car lover to change their cars for every 2 years lol

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 26th June 2007, 02:24   #43
BHPian

congrats GeekSrik, It been a rather long wait for you. I have been following your threads on many test drives of all B segment cars. Infact your review on Swift D only reassured me of buying this car and its already done 1800 Kms in 2 months.

The blue color in the centre of alloys matches completely with the car color and looks good. Reverse parking censor range starts from 2000 and goes on depending upon what features you want. I have this upgrade on my list apart from tyre upgrade.
Old 26th June 2007, 02:51   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hiya Geek, good going. After all those TDs and deliberations, seems like you're happy. Does this mean we need a new official TBHP test-driver?!

BTW, I really like the colour. Would have looked smashing with black alloys, IMHO.

Quote:
Lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
And no wonder you liked it, fiatteyp, LOL.
Double lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Triple lol.
Old 26th June 2007, 09:49   #45
Senior - BHPian

so i happened to complete 130 kms as of now. since the last fuelling of about 14.2 litres, i ve completed some 103 kms. so thats about 7.35kmpl, but i ve still got loads of fuel left, and the FE is climbing. full tank to full tank is the best way to measure i agree. so lets wait and watch.

i still got to fit all accessories, damn i never get a saturday free to do that. i use a.c off and on and tend to remember mclarens driving style video, by the time its 1.5k rpm, change the gear. so lets hope this positive driving style will also soothen my senses and increase FE.

that said, the clutch is damn hard, and i m getting used to it until it loosens up a bit. hopefully that will happen around 1-2k kms from now on. i ve pushed the seat back as much as possible heeding docs advices for knee pain and the pain is lesser. stop and go traffic is a pain thanks to the "wonderful" torque!

the tyres are doing their job, i ve taken turns at 60-70 and cornering is an absolute pleasure with the michelin pilots! i would recommend these tyres for anyone and everyone looking for an upgrade. they are awesome.

the gear shift is a bit notchy on the third but overall ok. i never seem to get the third right especially when i move from fifth back on. i ve got used to the visibility conditions somehow and i wear seatbelts always and kind of used to driving this beauty now.

will keep you posted on FE figures. remember 7-8kmpl is not the FE, i still got fuel in my tank so far. the trip meter comes in handy for this measure!

my faithful car cleaner has kept his schedule to keep my Vdi spotless and clean.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed