Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 12:07   #151
Senior - BHPian

Nah, that would not work, I have tried it on my santro, was pathetic, Looks good on BIG SUV's only !!

I feel if the car is clean then its not a problem but when you are driving and Mud splashing all over the windows, safest bet is to clean the windows when you stop. One thing I really curse MUL for is that they did not provide a rear wiper, which is pathetic !! Specially with swift japenese eyelid mirrors, they should have done this.
Old 16th July 2007, 12:14   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
but they make the car look real ugly.
Yeah they do make a car ugly. They only look good on certain cars like Gypsy.

Quote:
can i do some enhancement to the windows such that the water trickles away instead of remaining there?
Isn't there any product which makes the water slip from glass same as car body water slips from car body after wax.
Old 16th July 2007, 13:30   #153
Senior - BHPian

one more thing i can think of is to have a lighter tint only for front windows alone so that visibility is not hampered at least.
Old 16th July 2007, 13:43   #154
BHPian

Quote:
wiping door glass when stopping seems too far fetched a solution, though its acceptible. can i do some enhancement to the windows such that the water trickles away instead of remaining there? i know one such thing its those water shields which are put up towards the top of the windows, the black ones, but they make the car look real ugly.
Why no try the time tested method of charminar cigrette ?
Wipe class with water & news papers then rub with the cigrette contents, Water will not stick to the glass.

Also you can try the transparent small hoods attached to windows, that way you can keep the windows slightly open and that helps a lot in preventing fogging.
Old 16th July 2007, 18:15   #155
Team-BHP Support

use rain water repellents (dont know the product name) and yes lighter shades on front windows help, i dont have a big issue since i have light shade through out.

Yeah driving on highways are more painful since the ORVM dazzle the headlights to your eyes.
Old 17th July 2007, 20:48   #156
BHPian

hey guys , When the car is fully loaded front end of the car rises. So in this scenario do you use the headlight leveling feature to adjust the height of the light beam ?
Old 17th July 2007, 21:14   #157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
hey guys , When the car is fully loaded front end of the car rises. So in this scenario do you use the headlight leveling feature to adjust the height of the light beam ?
Yup that's the main reason of the leveller. you lower the beam when the car is loaded so that it doesn't glare oncoming traffic.
Old 18th July 2007, 10:37   #158
Team-BHP Support

I really dont feel the need to lower the beam when loaded in my car, especially on a highway. My car, the low beam is pretty low and the high are pointed to left, so i just leave it at 0.

This is more useful for sedans which tend to drop the rear more compared to hatch.
Old 21st July 2007, 20:29   #159
Senior - BHPian

1800 kms up

finished 1800 kms today. had a bit or rolling feeling for sometime today but other than that nothing much. car' s gear shift sucks as ever. i am back to IOC diesel. have had enough of shell.

i m wondering if i can install more powerful fog lamps for my car too, changing from the originals. is it any worth??
Old 21st July 2007, 20:39   #160
Team-BHP Support

Can you tell what exactly you mean by sucks. I know a few people who dont like the swifts box cause of the really short throw box which is very precise and accurate. The box clicks into place and some people don't like that clicking feel.

On the other hand for me a poor shift would be the WagonR's highly notchy imprecise loose action which requires very little effort to shift. I like the meaty, heavy, precise shift action.
Old 21st July 2007, 21:24   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Can you tell what exactly you mean by sucks. I know a few people who dont like the swifts box cause of the really short throw box which is very precise and accurate. The box clicks into place and some people don't like that clicking feel.

On the other hand for me a poor shift would be the WagonR's highly notchy imprecise loose action which requires very little effort to shift. I like the meaty, heavy, precise shift action.
vid,

i am not talking about the throw, but my box DOES NOT click into place. the throw is fine, but it does not slot in as easily as say my 800, though the 800s shift was loose and long.

for eg the santro is short, sweet and slots in one go. if i slot into say 3rd or 2nd i know i ve done it. but with this car, each time i am unsure i can do it in one slick move. its not precise. well maybe its only my car, but i m sick of this problem. any help will be greatly appreciated. if you want to inspect my car, we can do it on a weekend. i can get it upto your place.
Old 22nd July 2007, 23:02   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
for eg the santro is short, sweet and slots in one go. if i slot into say 3rd or 2nd i know i ve done it. but with this car, each time i am unsure i can do it in one slick move. its not precise. well maybe its only my car, but i m sick of this problem. any help will be greatly appreciated. if you want to inspect my car, we can do it on a weekend. i can get it upto your place.
Please get this checked, cause i've heard everyone singing praises of the Swift's gearbox.
Old 23rd July 2007, 16:18   #163
Senior - BHPian

Please get it checked with service station I can see Swift's gearbox is one best among Maruti cars. I heard Maruti had issues with gearbox and clutch with many cars manufactured in 2006. I am sure 2007 cars they would have rectified this issue. May be your unit has some issue. I am sure visiting service centre will sort this isue.

All the best!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 23rd July 2007, 17:13   #164
Senior - BHPian

Yes. I like the gearbox now. I can forgive it's little quirks - like reverse gear behaving naughty at times and the shift from first to second not being smooth every now and then.

But it is a joy to use the short lever and there has never been a missed shift, after the first 500 kms or so. The gearbox has been getting better and better with use.

To put it in perspective, I drove a 2.5 years old Corsa the other day, and the gear lever did not feel as good to use. Horribly placed pedals(too close) as well in the Corsa, which made it a pain to drive.
Old 25th July 2007, 22:16   #165
Senior - BHPian

ok here i am slowly inching towards 2000kms now. the car is as great as ever and i m so busy changing jobs and preparing for a family arrival at home (read little one) that i havent seen t-bhp site for a few days! that aside, i had a horrible rain battered 10km drive from nagawara upto raj bhavan road. i have not seen so much rain in just few minutes ever in bangalore all my life. i started off at 80-100 kmph near office and in less than one kilometer reduced speed to 20kmph, put on fog lamps, headlamps, in full high levels wiper was at level 2, ac at level 2 and visibility was = zero. man what a terrible time i had. the winds were at an all time high and only once did i feel the car would be blown away by mother nature. what fury!

the michelins gave me lot of confidence to tread waters, brakes were more prompt compared to my 800, and ride was stable and car remained planted in spite of all the commotion.

as for the gear shift, i observe that slotting into a gear in the car is a two step process, 50% you give a mild push, and 50% it automatically slots in. if i use it this way, its very smooth and good. but if i try to pull/push the stick in to slot into a gear forcibly, my shoulder pains a lot.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks