Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2007, 00:54   #286
BHPian

My car has clocked 3k on odo,few problems has croped up:-
1.when i accelerate in 1,2,3 gear there is typical noise that one can hear this ound is very typical in indica too,when one pedal in lower gear that sound is audible with windows closed,it's low note sound seems like something revin up( as i think it's associated with rpm),i am not able to define sound as i don't have a exact word for it!any ideas what could be it!!!
2 Rear windows are making a lot of noise, any wuick idea to get it corrected!!!
3 after the first service of the car,whne i press the pedal for barkes there is noise just like when one feels when the ear get blocked by air for sometimes..i thought might be cause of wet pads but after doing 2000k more the sound is still there!!!!
Plz advice
Cheers!
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:09   #287
BHPian

1) you may be driving/changing gears in the lower band of the rpm. If you drive in approapriate gears and appropriate speeds this sound can be avoided. Try it out.
2) Go to the MASS, they should be able to fix it.
3) No idea
Old 23rd October 2007, 13:32   #288
BHPian

reading the swift diesel reviews, i'm getting the feeling that swift petrol isn't powerful enough? is it so??
or is it obviously having more punch than the diesel??
Old 23rd October 2007, 16:20   #289
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
My little son sleeps tight when in the car with the a/c on and in the rear seat. of course he is too little to even know he is in a car! (and btw he is now named Ved Srikanth)
Heartiest congratulations mate, on your new addition to the family. I have a little brat of my own so I know how much fun it can be! You'll enjoy every minute of it (soon) - currently you'd be experiencing insomnia!

Just as a FYI, you might wanna get one of those baby seats with child restraints which you can fix in the rear seat of your car. Not only will it be safe for him while travelling but also it'll keep him comfortable too. Ignore this advice if you've already got one by now.

regards,
Old 23rd October 2007, 17:58   #290
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
reading the swift diesel reviews, i'm getting the feeling that swift petrol isn't powerful enough? is it so??
i wouldnt term it that way, swift p and d are different cars and in swift d the torque really talks.
Old 23rd October 2007, 18:06   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
Without using too much technical jargon, it is safe to assume that SwiftD is powerful than SwiftP

Coming to technical jargon, SwiftP produces 87BHP of power and 11kgm torque. Whereas SwiftD produces 75BHP of power and 19kgm of torque. It is also safe to assume that due to higher torque on SwiftD, it will be super fast from standstill as it has greater pulling capacity and SwiftP can probably catch up with SwiftD later on in the gears ( owners confirm, please).
Old 23rd October 2007, 19:11   #292
BHPian

curious mileage issue!

Hmmm! 6700kms on the odo and it has indeed been a pleasant experience with the swift D, particularly at the petrol pump. In Bangalore traffic, it returns 17-18kms / liter. What was confounding to me is the highway mileage - I expected more, but the last two trips have been around 19-20. It is not that I drive with pedal to metal but more at a sedate pace.

Anyone else with the same experience?

Thanks
Mahesh
Old 23rd October 2007, 20:45   #293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
i wouldnt term it that way, swift p and d are different cars and in swift d the torque really talks.
Talk the Torque! I like that

It has that nice diesel low-revs power, and, without labouring the engine, one can often avoid a downshift that would be necessary in a petrol car --- even one with a 'more powerful' engine.
Old 24th October 2007, 12:31   #294
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mahesh,

I am getting only 16 in Bangalore traffic(can go even worse, if the traffic situ is real bad) and never got above 20 kmpl on highways, even with some sedate driving.

However, I use almost 100% a/c and never switch off at signals.
Old 24th October 2007, 19:48   #295
BHPian

Mahesh, Kuttappan

Its long time since I checked my Blore City mileage but I got 15.5-17 kmpl. (with 50% A/C and switched off in long 2/3minute signals)

In long drives, I got 20+ always with again 50% A/C (maintaing the RPM below 2400)
Old 24th October 2007, 19:51   #296
BHPian

Me getting 17-18 with A/C almost always on in Chandigarh city driving... got approx 20kmpl on highways...
Old 26th October 2007, 14:46   #297
Senior - BHPian

5000km review up on my site too...

tacho, jaggu answered your question

hsv, thanks for that tip, i ll see what I can do to procure one. I definitely need a 100 straps on this car!!

mobike to answer your question read this review.

mahesh the highway mileage depends on how you drive your car. and with a car like swift D, whos bothered about mileage

to all you guys, my review is a bit too long, but still might answer or tell a few things about the talk on this thread.

enjoy
Srik

Last edited by GeekSrik : 26th October 2007 at 14:48.
Old 26th October 2007, 21:48   #298
BHPian

Today i had first sctrach on my swift,car ran over a divider.Thanks god that divider wasn't that high as they are normally are,though there is no major damage,but the front right tyre due to impact got pushed back,it touches the body and rim got a dent and tyre got a cut(This was surprising)on bumpuer cracks(Very minute though in large quantity has appeared)
Now i want advice on this tyre issue got it checked from maruti dealer he said suspension arm has got a bend and need a replacment,rim should be replaced!!!!
Car hit the devider in a striaght line but the impact was on right side only,how can i insure that left side is fine!!!!!
SHould i remove the dent on rim or just replace it!!!
And most imp of all the small cracks that has appeared on paint on the bonnet!!!!!How should i get in painted,should i get the full bumpr painted for just the effected area!!!!
Total cost exc paint job will cost suspension arm(forgot the exact name of the part)1800,rim1500,wheel cover 800,,,
SHould i calim it or go for NCB!!!!
ANy idea bout the paint cost for the above job!!!
And what else should i check to see the effects of impact,the effects though not visible but might exists!!!!!!
Plz advice!!!!

Cheers.
Old 27th October 2007, 10:00   #299
Senior - BHPian

gill you ought to be careful while driving this car as i already mentioned. now that you have done the damage, i prefer you get the whole bumper painted. also maruti wont lie to you on whats to be done w.r.t suspension. its in your own best interest that you get that suspension repaired. and a rim wont cost you too much you can replace it. alternatively consider going in for alloys if money permits you!

i am not sure why the rim is costing you 1500? what sort of rim is thi? is it the tyre rim or the wheel arch? if its the former it wont cost much, if its the latter best to get dent repaired and leave it alone. and why the hell is wheel cover 800 bucks? i think these parts you can get it done from a accessories dealer and not from maruti. just get the technical stuff done from them. you could visit the workshop and ask them to show you the underneath of the car by lifting the car up.

hope this helps.
Old 27th October 2007, 14:39   #300
BHPian

What are the other areas should i get my car checked for the effect of the impact like wheel bearings,crank drive,steering column,
do i need to get them checked!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks