Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2008, 20:39   #346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The oil change itself - I need to know whether any special oil needs to be used (sorry but i need the name, and quantity - i am bad at this! - mobil ? synthetic? .... ??)
Mobil 1 Synthetic 5W50, i have been using this and sound has gone down by a bit. Also rattling can be solved by damping, just damp the boot and doors, should not cost you much less then 5k, PM B&T, who will tell you about noise kill, comes at Rs. 150 per sq ft.
Old 1st January 2008, 20:45   #347
Senior - BHPian

Am I missing something, who is B&T ??? And is this person in Bangalore? Also, should I buy the Mobil myself and give it while servicing the car? And where do I get it in Bangalore any ideas?

I thought only real estate prices were in sq. ft damn even this!!???? can you give me more precise detals on this damping thingy in bangalore? jaggu any ideas on this dude?

Srik

Last edited by GeekSrik : 1st January 2008 at 20:56.
Old 1st January 2008, 20:57   #348
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
Am I missing something, who is B&T ???
Must be Bass & Trouble?
Old 1st January 2008, 22:11   #349
Senior - BHPian

Claustrophobia etc is too strong a word, IMO. And it affects only certain individuals, not universal per se. I would think that swift overs more privacy, especially if you have a nursing mother in your car.
Old 2nd January 2008, 00:23   #350
BHPian

Geek I face some of the problems you are facing (from post # 345).

My Swift has done 7000 kms. I was in Maruti showroom and checked out a Swift Diesel in the showroom. I realized that door closing sound has become very different in my car. New Swift gives a thud. Mine sounds like a dozen small parts closing in. I guess the aftermarket Security system fitted in door is to be blamed for it. Maruti guys are of little help in this regard. I guess damping would have to be done. Any idea who does that in Delhi. I guess Gunbir.

Also when I switch on the headlight with key in Acc position a shrill sound but not very audible comes. It also comes with engine on but it gets muffled in engine sound. Don't know its source. May be music system becuase it also gets On at Acc position.

I also want to put in synthetic oil during 3rd service. Is Mobil 1 Synthetic 5W50 the only recommended oil for Swift D ? Does the type of engine oil also depend upon car usage, like someone who races more would be using different engine oil than someone who drives normally. What is price for Mobil 1 Synthetic 5W50 ?

I want to get fog lamps. I checked in accessory shop. Local ones for 400 which also included the fog lamps enclosure. I am looking for something better than those. The Original lumax ones were for 1600. Can't spend that much on fog lamps. Any suggestion on these ?
Old 2nd January 2008, 08:48   #351
Senior - BHPian

busa and crazy

can you be more precise in your replies please? since i am trying to exactly figure out where i get this oil here in bangalore and also the damping thingy.

and jaggu wake up please

srik
Old 2nd January 2008, 10:41   #352
Team-BHP Support

Hello hello.. am here.. oil i havent shifted to synthetic yet, but should be available from JC road.

Rattle in my car hasnt increased, as it was state, so havent felt the need to remove the door pads yet, yes damping might be a good idea and can be done by good ICE guys.
Old 2nd January 2008, 11:09   #353
Senior - BHPian

Engine Oil and Damping

Geek - I am extremely sorry for not being clear and precise.

Oil you will require - Mobil 1 5W50 Synthetic - 3.3L, however you will need to get a 4L can, which will cost you around Rs. 2600, i dont know where you will get it in bangalore but as Jaggu said JC Road.

Mobil1 you will have to source yourself and tell the service guys to put it, you need diesel flush as well, source that as well, i forgot to get the flush, the service center bought it for me from some accesory shop. Even the service guys noticed the car to be lot smoother and slightly less noisier.

As cRaZy rightly put it B&T is Bass & Trouble aka Ajay, the in house Ice Guru, he is from Bombay and stays in Bombay, you can PM him here asking about noise kill or you can PM Souljah here who also has sourced the same with B&T's help to damp his new Suzie Swift

Quote:
I realized that door closing sound has become very different in my car.
Thats something even i am facing, spoke to the service center and they said they need to adjust the door lock
Old 2nd January 2008, 13:13   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
I want to get fog lamps. I checked in accessory shop. Local ones for 400 which also included the fog lamps enclosure. I am looking for something better than those. The Original lumax ones were for 1600. Can't spend that much on fog lamps. Any suggestion on these ?
Lumax makes quality products.So i think its better u go for the original lumax ones and they last long too.
See both of them together the after market ones and the original ones and see the difference for yourself.
Old 2nd January 2008, 16:32   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Lumax makes quality products.So i think its better u go for the original lumax ones and they last long too.
See both of them together the after market ones and the original ones and see the difference for yourself.
I went for after market lumax for the following reasons :-

1) The intensity is in sync with the headlights
2) I intend to use only my fog lamps during evening or moderately lit areas. The fog lamps are powerful enough to support me there .
3) An added advantage always during highway driving !!
Old 2nd January 2008, 16:43   #356
BHPian

Latest Mileage Update : 16.2 in city ( 0% A.C) up from 15 after second service . Rocky I am pretty surprised to see your with a/c and without a/c figures in city. I get only a 0.7 to 1 km difference if the a/c is 100% on . So i guess in summers this year i should be getting 15.2 to 15.5 in the city with ac 100% on !
Old 2nd January 2008, 17:07   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
busa and crazy

can you be more precise in your replies please? since i am trying to exactly figure out where i get this oil here in bangalore and also the damping thingy.

and jaggu wake up please

srik
The oil is available in General Auto Spares in J.C Road.

Take left from the first signal in J.C Road (after the parking complex). Take next left, small road, and General Motors is on the right hand side. This is the same place from where Souljah sourced oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Shazikon,

JC Road - 1st signal - right towards Urvashi - very first cross on the left - 2nd shop on the right : "General Auto Spares" (Double shuttered shop. This building has a basement with other shops. 50 metres from JC Road)

And after you pick it up, please flame vid6639 publicly on the forum.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 2nd January 2008 at 17:11.
Old 2nd January 2008, 20:05   #358
Senior - BHPian

thanks for that information. now if someone could direct me this way for damping too it would be the best thing I needed yet!
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:32   #359
Senior - BHPian

Welcome. There is a mistake in the directions I have given.
Take left from the first signal in J.C Road (after the parking complex). It should be right. Mag's direction is correct.
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:03   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
I went for after market lumax for the following reasons :-

1) The intensity is in sync with the headlights
2) I intend to use only my fog lamps during evening or moderately lit areas. The fog lamps are powerful enough to support me there .
3) An added advantage always during highway driving !!
I am thinking of getting Phillip's Diamond Vision white headlamps. Are there fog lamps available which emit same white light as the Diamond vision ? Headlamps of white light with fog lamps of yellow light won't look good.

Last edited by austere_sly : 3rd January 2008 at 14:06.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks