Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2008, 22:06   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

I wonder how many different parts on our swifts have been replaced under warranty?
Old 24th January 2008, 00:17   #497
BHPian

I guess last time this question went unnoticed. So posting it again .

My car now has some definite rattle sound which can be attributed to bad road I have to travel in Haryana. My third free service is due for 3k kms and 2-3 months. If I take my car to the dealer to rectify these sounds then would I be charged for repairing and labour ? If yes, then what are expected charges.
Old 24th January 2008, 00:30   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
I guess last time this question went unnoticed. So posting it again .

My car now has some definite rattle sound which can be attributed to bad road I have to travel in Haryana. My third free service is due for 3k kms and 2-3 months. If I take my car to the dealer to rectify these sounds then would I be charged for repairing and labour ? If yes, then what are expected charges.
If your car is rattling then you should not be charged.
Old 24th January 2008, 09:13   #499
Senior - BHPian

austere, trying to answer your question more pragmatically firstly i am not sure why your service (3rd free) is at 3k kms? am i missing something? swift has many sounds. one is rattling of windows, one is (now newly found) the bearings of the wheel gone conked, one is a creaking sound at the back especially when you reverse over a hump or go over a hump normall at extremely low speeds.

god knows how many more are there. its more like saying i have regular fever and cough and cold but thankfully not bigger problems like kidney failure or heart failure. so as long as its small niggles, be content with your car. but i personally believe you must get this sorted out during your next service.

the other alternative is to damp your car, which i am going to do shortly with blueraven in bangalore. also talk to kalyani motors bangalore they might atleast answer your problems for you.

hope this helps.
Old 24th January 2008, 09:15   #500
Senior - BHPian

so today morning i ve left my car at bimal. he has acknowledged that the bearing at the rear has indeed conked and will be replaced under warranty. now i got to see how much he charges if at all. its supposed to be free. rather than addressing my problem bimal guy was more interested in me conducting free service there only since i ve just 500km to go for the service. i told him "NO" and asked him solve only this issue for now.
Old 24th January 2008, 10:27   #501
BHPian

Mileage Update : 16.7 kmpl ( 0% A.C, 100 % city Driving , with plenty of ripping !!) . I am happy , happy , happy !! However a lot of rattles particularly from the rear speaker tray . Will try a hand at it myself today .Also thinking of putting dampening in all the doors that are rattling ! But is this a permanent solution to cure door rattles ?
Old 24th January 2008, 12:20   #502
Senior - BHPian

PROBLEM SOLVED! now the car's back to normal. and that horrendous sound has disappeared. one bearing for right rear wheel changed, costed Rs.600, but my bill is rs.0, with courteous service early in the morning. good job bimal.
Old 24th January 2008, 12:31   #503
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
PROBLEM SOLVED! now the car's back to normal. and that horrendous sound has disappeared. one bearing for right rear wheel changed, costed Rs.600, but my bill is rs.0, with courteous service early in the morning. good job bimal.
Congrats !!!!! Geek: how about a treat ? Please order some chocolates online for me
Old 24th January 2008, 12:32   #504
Team-BHP Support

sorry sri was lil busy and couldn watch the thread, i guess your issue is solved. Yes the swift wheel bearings are notorious and the other petrol swift that comes to me once in a while, already has front wheel bearing replaced at 10 k kms.
Old 24th January 2008, 15:20   #505
BHPian

Wheel bearings replaced !!!! How many kms clocked geek ??

By the way how about looking at my post and solving my problem now !
Old 24th January 2008, 21:21   #506
Senior - BHPian

nikunj, there are solutions to rattles. one of them is damping. the other is to find a maruti dealer in your area who is well versed with solving this problem. kalyani motors in blr know how to get rid of this issue. basically the whole reason why windows rattle is becuase the there is a gap between the actual glass pane and the window slot on both sides. my rear speaker tray is made of hard wood which fits extremely snugly into the backside without giving scope for any shake or rattle. perhaps you need to fit one like that.

as for the other answer i am now 9500 kms.
Old 24th January 2008, 21:47   #507
Senior - BHPian

Exactly true Geek, When I reported couple of rattling issues in my Innova, Ravindu Toyota people told me they found a solution for it by putting something (wood peace/sponge i guess) to fill that gap.

They say its very difficult to understand indian road condition, how best they design it something will be left out. I face hardly any rattles but I need no rattling even in bad roads because my cars will be driven very slowly in bad roads so my point is it should not rattle. good that Toyota understood my reqirement

Good to see your issues are solved as well.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 24th January 2008 at 21:48.
Old 25th January 2008, 10:42   #508
BHPian

I remember having put tube rubber on the sides of the rear door of my old safari. The door rattle vanished after that. So a little DIY can help too. Afterall, the one who regularly drives the car, can pinpoint with better accuracy where the noise/rattle is coming from.
Old 25th January 2008, 10:49   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
Isnt 10000 km too early for a bearing change even though its only one?is it the swift or could it also be because of the 195/60/R15s in your car?
Old 25th January 2008, 11:42   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Isnt 10000 km too early for a bearing change even though its only one?is it the swift or could it also be because of the 195/60/R15s in your car?

i second that , have you been doing a lot of rough roads/water logged streets which led to the bearings going for a toss ? Also do they cover the bearings under extended warranty ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks