Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2008, 13:54   #631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Getz is silent. Its difficult to know whether the engine is on when the car is stopped. The build quality is good and no rattles at all. But the pickup and adrenaline rush you get in Swift Diesel is awesome. You cannot get best of everything.

You have made a good buy with Swift diesel. After the test drive I was ready to take Swift Diesel on the spot. The waiting period of 6 months was too much. Swift looks great in white. I cant help admiring Jaggus avatar picture.

Are you talking about getz diesel or petrol ?
Old 12th February 2008, 14:28   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
I think everyone needs to get a good understanding about types of damping and what it really does.

GeekSrik was very confused to be honest which is why I told him not to do the damping at all.

A problem first needs to be diagnosed correctly and then attended too. Your lucky if it gets sorted out at the first instance. Other times it takes trial and error.

To say damping doesnt help at all is an incorrect statement.

The toughest part of rattles is to locate the source. For instance I know that the rattles are coming from my boot and more towards the left part but where exactly is another question !
Old 12th February 2008, 14:37   #633
Senior - BHPian

well souljah, i havent anything by trying. the rattles may be a different thing which is cropping up. its got nothing to do with what was done on the car for damping. and i ve always wanted to remove a bit of road noise with the damping. which i think has been achieved to some extent.

the rattles are something maruti must comment about and till date they are not even trying to address the issue. guess their dictionary has no such word as recall of cars to solve the bloody rattles.
Old 12th February 2008, 15:23   #634
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
The toughest part of rattles is to locate the source. For instance I know that the rattles are coming from my boot and more towards the left part but where exactly is another question !
The source of rattle in my car is the rear seat belt buckle touching the door panel. You can check to see if its the same in your car.
Old 12th February 2008, 18:08   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
busa, just to get the doors damped i thought it did not solve my issue. the boot hardly rattles for me. i think the lesson learnt is - damping wont solve rattling. so l need to visit kalyani motors to speak a bit casually with them and leave my car for a day so that they can check on my rattling. also i heard they are the most courteous around this city. so lets check them out.
Yup i got the doors damped. i used dynamat extreme and none of the doors rattle. But the boot does and i plan to damp that. Discuss rattles here
Old 12th February 2008, 18:57   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
2K+ for a small dent removal and paint is indeed quite expensive, IMO, if you had done it with a local good garage, it could have been done in less than half.
Agree but I do not know any reliable local garage. So need to pay :( But good that I got my Rs 67 adjusted against my previous MASS bills and got 100 points(100Rs) for this bill for using Maruti Auto card so it is ok.
Old 12th February 2008, 19:07   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
busa, just to get the doors damped i thought it did not solve my issue. the boot hardly rattles for me. i think the lesson learnt is - damping wont solve rattling. so l need to visit kalyani motors to speak a bit casually with them and leave my car for a day so that they can check on my rattling. also i heard they are the most courteous around this city. so lets check them out.
GeekSrik - Try Mandovi - JP Nagar. All my rattles are gone.
I had the following rattles to be precise
  1. Boot
    1. Made the lock tighter
    2. adjusted the bushes where the boot door gets support
  2. Rattles from the left window glass when it is half rolled down and same from right window
    1. It is fixed by them i think needs some beeding
  3. Seat belt assembly
    1. fixed by them
  4. noises from Dashboard
    1. This is after fitting my ICE after market - fixed by the dealer
The only noise I have now is from the rear speakers wooden blanket. There is no solution so far. I m not bothered too much as it comes only on bad stretches.

In a nice road while cruising, I just love this car
Old 13th February 2008, 08:05   #638
Senior - BHPian

blorebuddy, thanks may i also have any particular contact number/person if available at mandovi, i ll try talking to them.
Old 13th February 2008, 12:45   #639
BHPian

You can call Mandovi - 26583212 or 26590074 or 26586691 and ask for Manjesh. He should be able to help you.
Old 13th February 2008, 13:54   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
The source of rattle in my car is the rear seat belt buckle touching the door panel. You can check to see if its the same in your car.

Nice suggestion , I think i will run down and check , how about some more suggestions like these ? DIY is the way to go it seems nowadays !
Old 13th February 2008, 14:19   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Nice suggestion , I think i will run down and check , how about some more suggestions like these ? DIY is the way to go it seems nowadays !

Ok I just checked the same , alas that is not the problem , the sound is coming from the left but the buckle of the rear right was touching the panel. I have pulled the buckle so that it rests on the seat . However I did notice that the hooks for securing the belt clips could have been at a better place . If i try to secure the belt on the hooks the buckle will still touch the plastic and thus lead to rattles !
Old 13th February 2008, 22:23   #642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you talking about getz diesel or petrol ?
Its Getz Petrol

20 20
Old 14th February 2008, 10:11   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Its Getz Petrol

20 20
Again , why compare a diesel with a petrol ?
Old 14th February 2008, 12:35   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree yaar. Its totally different machines.

I was just adding to Geeks comment on Getz Petrol. I think you have missed the quote in post 614.
Old 16th February 2008, 13:19   #645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But still the Getz Diesel is better in terms of rattling wrt Swift Diesel.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks