Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2008, 09:24   #616
Senior - BHPian

damping pictures

here are a few snaps of my damping. its a huge sticky mess of foam and fevibond.

The rattles are a bit more prominent now, and i am going to take it to kalyani motors to solve that issue sometime later on. i am not saying its because of damping, but i am just wondering whatever we do with those doors, beyond showroom condition, will only seem to worsen the rattles.
Old 11th February 2008, 10:19   #617
Senior - BHPian

What damping did you use and where? How much did it cost?
Old 11th February 2008, 10:28   #618
Senior - BHPian

foam based damping sheets. on all doors (2 layers, one on door, one on door pad), did it with blueraven at EVO, cambridge road bangalore. costed me 1600.
Old 11th February 2008, 10:48   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
foam based damping sheets. on all doors (2 layers, one on door, one on door pad), did it with blueraven at EVO, cambridge road bangalore. costed me 1600.
Where all was the damping done? Boot, door?
Old 11th February 2008, 11:09   #620
Senior - BHPian

i have answered that busa. its on the doors alone. (all 4 doors)
Old 11th February 2008, 18:42   #621
BHPian

Back from body repair

It is back from the small dent removal and paint job for the deep scratch.
It costed me 2000 Rs + 247 Rs service tax

They did a good job at least to my eyes Dent is removed and same paint finishing is done. But I felt it is costly and the explanation given is the paint is costly and it is the same paint used by Maruti. The name is something starts with Stand.....

Also did wheel alignment and balacing at vijay and they did a decent job but long waiting is something not very desirable. It took almost 3hrs.
Old 11th February 2008, 19:35   #622
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
2K+ for a small dent removal and paint is indeed quite expensive, IMO, if you had done it with a local good garage, it could have been done in less than half.
Old 11th February 2008, 19:47   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post

They did a good job at least to my eyes Dent is removed and same paint finishing is done. But I felt it is costly and the explanation given is the paint is costly and it is the same paint used by Maruti. The name is something starts with Stand.....

Also did wheel alignment and balacing at vijay and they did a decent job but long waiting is something not very desirable. It took almost 3hrs.
You should be happy that Maruti is entertaining dent removal.

I checked with Advaith Hyundai for removing a small dent. They were ready only for tinkering and painting the entire door. They were eager to claim insurance for the job. The cost quoted for tinkering and repainting the door was 4500/=

I did not go for it as:
1) Chance of colour mismatch.
2) Small dent and not easily noticeable.
3) Difficult to avoid dents/ scratches in Bangalore traffic.

There is another deep spot next to the dent which is getting rusted. Panning to get touch up during next service only on the deep spot.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 11th February 2008 at 19:50.
Old 11th February 2008, 21:48   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have answered that busa. its on the doors alone. (all 4 doors)
The most rattling comes from the boot

You should have got the boot damping done too.

Last edited by BUSA : 11th February 2008 at 21:52.
Old 12th February 2008, 07:00   #625
Senior - BHPian

busa, just to get the doors damped i thought it did not solve my issue. the boot hardly rattles for me. i think the lesson learnt is - damping wont solve rattling. so l need to visit kalyani motors to speak a bit casually with them and leave my car for a day so that they can check on my rattling. also i heard they are the most courteous around this city. so lets check them out.
Old 12th February 2008, 09:27   #626
BANNED

IMO damping the car on first week of buying itself prevents future rattleings, and not just 4 doors hatch should be also damped.
I was lucky to get it done while doing the Audio installation and till date apart from rear seats crack noise that too in some big and odd humps no noise from any of body parts.
Old 12th February 2008, 09:30   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
IMO damping the car on first week of buying itself prevents future rattleings, and not just 4 doors hatch should be also damped.
That is the key area that causes the problem.

Geeksrik dont be so disheartened, it takes a lot of trial and error na ?
Old 12th February 2008, 13:09   #628
BHPian

Quote:
busa, just to get the doors damped i thought it did not solve my issue. the boot hardly rattles for me. i think the lesson learnt is - damping wont solve rattling. so l need to visit kalyani motors to speak a bit casually with them and leave my car for a day so that they can check on my rattling. also i heard they are the most courteous around this city. so lets check them out.

Hmm maybe he did not damp the areas properly or the way you should ! I was of the opinion that one of the solutions to kill rattles was damping ! In fact myself was planning to get the damping done this month ! Now i think I should wait !
Old 12th February 2008, 13:12   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypest View Post
Well i am already breathing down the neck of the dealer for the ABS option, in fact the dealer is a family freind of mine and he told me better to go without ABS as there are people still in waitin since oct'07... this is crazy...

i need the car soon as i cant take the daily crap from the Ricks in pune... these rick guys are really bad... they just dont wanna go ne where...

for the noise part i plan to get damping done too as discussed in other threads... thanks for the advise GEEKSRIK
Restrict three smilies per post , the mods may delete your post if they notice !
Old 12th February 2008, 13:22   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Hmm maybe he did not damp the areas properly or the way you should ! I was of the opinion that one of the solutions to kill rattles was damping ! In fact myself was planning to get the damping done this month ! Now i think I should wait !
I think everyone needs to get a good understanding about types of damping and what it really does.

GeekSrik was very confused to be honest which is why I told him not to do the damping at all.

A problem first needs to be diagnosed correctly and then attended too. Your lucky if it gets sorted out at the first instance. Other times it takes trial and error.

To say damping doesnt help at all is an incorrect statement.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks