Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2008, 22:44   #541
Team-BHP Support

@gill: 50% of plastic part only, labor and painting charges no deductions.

If its replacement then your bill should look like this:

Bumper cost 1500
Clips 100
Labour (removing and fitting) 300-500
Painting (sometime they split it into consumable and labour) 2.5 to 3 k

Since its insurance cover and simple bumper replacement you dont have to worry too much, just ask them to show the salvage parts after the work to ensure they are really replaced.

@blue pulsar: check your air pressure (all four wheels) and front wheel alignment. Stock tyres dont expect great handling at high speeds.

@geek: rear door hinches and lock setting, tell the service guy they will know. Plain english door squeaking when body flexes.

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th January 2008 at 22:46.
Old 28th January 2008, 22:55   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
I recently got my swift's replaced, Bill shows front bumper is for Rs. 1542.22 after taxes. Rest all is in labour(painting and fitting).
How much was the total amount you ended up paying.
@Jaggu thanks a lot,doubts are cleared,will have a good night sleep.
I was quoted 1950 by the dealer for the front bumper.he said i need to pay 50% of this only.
Cheers!
Old 29th January 2008, 08:51   #543
BHPian

My total bill was of Rs.14867, and I paid around Rs.1700/-. My cars front bumper, Left side front fender were replaced and other acidental work.
Old 30th January 2008, 09:51   #544
BHPian

@geek - I believe even alloys need wheel balancing from time to time . Yes but alloys are much more balanced than steel rims and the weight adjustments are much lower than that of steel rims !
Old 30th January 2008, 10:09   #545
BHPian

If your swift smokes check the intercooler hose

My swift Ldi has done 10000kms and during the recent long trip I noticed black smoke on acceleration, so much so my white car's back was covered in soot by the time I reached. I had changed from BP to IOC fuel and was wondering if that was the reason.
Have also been noticing that the turbo kick was not as it used to be and coming to think of it, the black soot was there, much less of course after my last long trip at around 7k.
To my surprise my service advisor called when I had left the car for 10k service and said that the hose connecting the intercooler to the turbo (or is it the engine - he was not too clear about it) had broken and hence the smoke. He said something about not enough air getting in to the engine. He is replacing it today as the spare was not available immediately. Possibly a defective hose in the first place as the car has done only 10k and no impact.
I am not sure if the lack of the turbo kick in feel is due to this? He also mentioned that the engine or the turbo would not be damaged because of this.
All swift diesel owners, please do check the hose in case your swift smokes as well.
Mahesh
Old 30th January 2008, 10:36   #546
Senior - BHPian

I was driving back to chennai a few nights back... and this white swift Vdi overtakes me... since it was about 11pm, i was doing only bout 100... that guy was flooring it... so i decided to use him as a lead and follow... and boy.. was that a bad choice... he was hitting 130- 140 and i was having a bit of a time keeping up... the accleration was pretty nice... so thats where he would zip ahead. The palio on the other hand takes it own sweet time to go from 120-140 and by then he was gone.
A very humbling experience...
Old 31st January 2008, 18:22   #547
Senior - BHPian

While waiting for the signal near the TV.Tower a biker decided to kiss my car. Aaaargh. What an idiot trying to squeeze through the divider and the car when there was enough space on the left.

The sound was scary but luckily only the left side of the bumper has come loose with the paint having come chipped off in bits :(

@Madan its not fair comparing the 1.2 with the 1.3ddis, so nothing to feel humbled about!
Old 1st February 2008, 09:03   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
@geek - I believe even alloys need wheel balancing from time to time . Yes but alloys are much more balanced than steel rims and the weight adjustments are much lower than that of steel rims !
Yes you are right nikunj.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshshanmugam View Post
My swift Ldi has done 10000kms and during the recent long trip I noticed black smoke on acceleration, so much so my white car's back was covered in soot by the time I reached. I had changed from BP to IOC fuel and was wondering if that was the reason.
Have also been noticing that the turbo kick was not as it used to be and coming to think of it, the black soot was there, much less of course after my last long trip at around 7k.
To my surprise my service advisor called when I had left the car for 10k service and said that the hose connecting the intercooler to the turbo (or is it the engine - he was not too clear about it) had broken and hence the smoke. He said something about not enough air getting in to the engine. He is replacing it today as the spare was not available immediately. Possibly a defective hose in the first place as the car has done only 10k and no impact.
I am not sure if the lack of the turbo kick in feel is due to this? He also mentioned that the engine or the turbo would not be damaged because of this.
All swift diesel owners, please do check the hose in case your swift smokes as well.
Mahesh
thanks for this tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
While waiting for the signal near the TV.Tower a biker decided to kiss my car. Aaaargh. What an idiot trying to squeeze through the divider and the car when there was enough space on the left.

The sound was scary but luckily only the left side of the bumper has come loose with the paint having come chipped off in bits :(

@Madan its not fair comparing the 1.2 with the 1.3ddis, so nothing to feel humbled about!
bad luck souljah. i ve taken to some yoga these days regularly to avoid this kind of tensions in my mind. and it helps. you finally tend to realize materialism is not everything
Old 1st February 2008, 09:05   #549
Senior - BHPian

ok so some more updates. i ve left my car with the mobil oil for the third service. the meter was reading 9820 km. i know there was a bit more time, but i had a date with my wifey and definitely did not want the car to come in between such things! since my son and her stay in her house, every weekend isnt supposed to be missed

i ve specifically instructed those guys at maruti to use the mobil. i m not sure how truthful they would be though. trust is always a problem in india these days. i ve told them about rattles, and they say its a feature so nothing can be done about it. i told them to stay away from my car if they dont know what they are doing. and generally told them not to change anything. so lets see how it goes and hopefully i ll have a nice drive tomorrow morning with a more silent car.

Srikanth.
Old 2nd February 2008, 09:53   #550
BHPian

Scratch and Dent

When I was taking a left turn on a narrow street hit a stone
Left door bottom and the running board is affected. It is a verygood scratch which peeled of entire paint for 1 ft length and 2 inch wide. Even there is a slight dent.

Checked with service advisor while giving the car for 3rd service. He has quoted 3-4K for tinkering and painting job. He told I can claim in the insurance.

I am in confusion whether to fix it. If I do not fix it may rust. If I fix whether claim through insurance or not.

How much will be the no claim bonus I will be getting? If I dont claim through insurance? will it be more than 4K?

please help.
Old 2nd February 2008, 15:30   #551
Senior - BHPian

if its about 3-4k dont claim insurance. just do it off your pocket. keep the insurance claims for bigger accidents (which should technically never happen touch wood)
Old 2nd February 2008, 15:48   #552
BHPian

@GeekSrik, why he should not file a claim for 3-4k expense?
Old 2nd February 2008, 19:22   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
@GeekSrik, why he should not file a claim for 3-4k expense?
Because if does, then he will loose his NCB (No Claim Bonus)
Old 2nd February 2008, 22:53   #554
BANNED

Milage update for my DDiS, done 570 kms after last full tank and anagin topped up the tank and reading came out 32 liters of Diesel which comes around 17.81 KMPL this time only 25% AC and all in Bangalore city driving condition.
Old 3rd February 2008, 07:59   #555
Senior - BHPian

@austere : Correct!

so here is the update after the service. the engine now feels a bit smoother, in fact close to zero noise when idle. however upon revving a bit to pick up the linear pickup hasnt improved by a great deal though. its more or less the same. the brakes have to be slammed on to stop the car unlike the "stop-where-you-brake" braking that was earlier the case. when i do bring the car to almost a full stop, its a khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr noise at the last point. thats perhaps jaggus version of water left out during cleaning and when it goes away probably the noise will go too.

about 0.5 litres oil still left over. out of a total of 4L. other than that nothing has been touched in the car thanks to instructions from sriky saar not to

now i am thinking of petes but its quite expensive at 29-30k. once the car was back, i set up the music system settings and generally checked the cleanliness and took the car for a 40-50km drive. it was quite silent and behaved itself quite well.

here is one for the records!

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks