Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2008, 16:12   #766
BHPian

Hi GeekSrik,

Happy to hear that your car is back.
Old 2nd May 2008, 19:55   #767
Team-BHP Support

@Rash: enjoy your drive and accelerate and decelerate in a sedate manner and you shall be fine. Check the spare tyre psi also, just in case.

@geek: glad to hear that car is back, how much was the tab at the end?
Old 3rd May 2008, 09:12   #768
Senior - BHPian

jaggu

my tab was 1500 bucks. and the actual costs were close to 26000 - mostly all this is for painting works. the door costed 6500+
on a different note, i ve become more sober while driving and i drive now only max upto 90kmph. most times i am between 60-70.
its a different pleasure enjoying this kind of driving. i find i am at total peace with myself. its a lifestyle, and thinking change. but
it works. it soothens the nerves a bit

Srik

Last edited by GeekSrik : 3rd May 2008 at 09:13.
Old 3rd May 2008, 11:21   #769
BHPian

That has worked out quite cheap!
Congrats and happy driving
Old 3rd May 2008, 12:09   #770
BHPian

Nothing as sobering as a prang and having to shell out the hard-earned.
Take care, Sir. Drive safe.
And congrats on getting your beloved wheels back fully in the pink.
Old 3rd May 2008, 12:13   #771
Team-BHP Support

You drive at 60 - 70 lol, i drive at 20 to 50 kmph, even the IRR has become pain, yday night at 10 pm i was crawling back home behind right lane hogger's. 5th gear has become a dream most of the times.
Old 3rd May 2008, 17:55   #772
Distinguished - BHPian

Sobering words, GeekSrik, and a good message.

I'm not a fast driver, in fact probably one of the slower members here, but I can still be aggressive, and retaliatory --- and simply its better not to be. (I'm lecturing myself here).
Old 9th May 2008, 09:54   #773

Hey all.!!

I got a Brand new Swift VDi. Now i have done 1200 kms on it. Yesterday i was coming back home from Ludhiana. I thought of checking my car's top speed.
Switched off the A/C. Started revving it harder. It pushed Smoothly to 140kph, then a few more seconds for 150kph, kept the accelerator pedal pressed to the floor, and i was doing around 160 after few more ticks on the clock.
Company claimed the top speed of the Swift diesel to be 160. But i didn't lift my foot a cm off the pedal, kept it down to the floor. i was amazed that it was still leaping forward, around 165 on the speedo, then it went past the 170 mark. A big Truck blocking my lane on the Phagwara Bye-pass. Had to slow the car down, or would have gone higher than that.

Was very happy to Get this Beauty (Or the Beast) as You say it.!!
Old 9th May 2008, 11:57   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa Sa'ab View Post
Hey all.!!

Was very happy to Get this Beauty (Or the Beast) as You say it.!!

Congratulations...
Hope you read the very long post about "running-in" before pushing it to limits...

Enjoy and drive safe.
Old 22nd May 2008, 09:18   #775
BHPian

Hi Everybody,
Was on a vacation and when i was back there was lot of catching up to do. Sorry for not replying earlier.

First thing. My long trip went on well. The beauty was behaving as it should be. I was travelling with A/c on all time. The total kms was around 450 with around 3 hrs stop and then returned back. The acceleration was smooth. Was driving it around 80 , 90 with 4 people and 2 kids. Was a good experience. Only issue , seems to be people in the back were complaining about aching knees. Yep the same old, back seat legroom problem.

Second : The cars odo was having 1300 after this trip. Went for the 1st service. There was the oil change and door adjustments. The total cost was around 700 Rs. Also they did the promised under chasis coating. Don't ask me how i managed to get one done free of cost on a VDI.

The gear shift has now become smooth. The sound on higher RPM seems to be appearing again. Not sure whether this is a problem or a feature of SWIFT. Need to monitor for another 2 weeks and planning to take it back to the service centre.

I have a doubt: When i switch on the key, before starting the engine, what lights are supposed to glow. Right now, i have a car like picture glowing and then stopping. I was told to start the car after it stops. But oflate i notice other lamps also glowing. Not sure whether i have noticed it before. The engine like picture, battery, oil pump, steering are all still glowing. They are off only when the engine is started. Is it an issue ?
Old 22nd May 2008, 09:56   #776
Senior - BHPian

13,500 kms and going strong

I ve finished 13,500 kms with my swift. After the accident, some sanity has been restored and I now drive only between 60kmph to max 90kmph, not above that at any given point of time. I find it baseless to drive beyond these speeds.

The rattles of the windows is somewhat low now magically all by itself, but my door (the new one) has introduced some new door sounds which I am learning to put up with.

My leg/knee pain is slowly showing its ugly face again, and I am trying my best to keep it off by driving more effeciently. The seat isnt the most comfortable in swift, and I ll hold onto to my DZIRE for an upgrade until the threshold level occurs and I am totally irritated.

IF there would be a next car for me it would be either a hyundai getz diesel or a swift DZIRE diesel, the former for power and silence and the latter for safety.

Meanwhile Green Cars, my workshop guys have finished 10 years of existence for which they are holding a party for which I am invited and surprise surprise - they also have loyal customer award - (perhaps a key chain)

Got to see what all that is about on Saturday.
Old 22nd May 2008, 10:10   #777
BHPian

Geek,

Good to hear You are taking it easy, which atleast I find difficult to implement.

I experienced left knee pain sometimes, but only when driving in heavy traffic for >30 mins... I suppose You ve already tried moving the seat front and back for maximum comfort, if not give it a shot.

And Upgrade to DZIRE for safety?

btw when you do get the keychain please share the pic with us
Old 24th May 2008, 18:16   #778
Senior - BHPian

Boot space - Pathetic in swift

Today I wanted to go back to my basics of driving - the bicycle. Went to ulsoor to buy a hercules bicycle. Costed me 4.7k for a 6 geared one including 4% VAT.

But the real deal was to understand how to put it into my swift. I removed the stereo wood panel at the back, then I folded the rear seat only to understand from jaggu that only one fold is possible, its not a double fold

Then I had to push the left front seat fully in front and also the backrest of that seat fully in front. As though this was not enough I still had to push the driver seat in front as much as possible so that the driver (me) pukes everything from his tummy due to steering touching my big tummy (i ve just bought the cycle you see ). finally i managed to push the bike inside and perhaps this is really where a car with boot and double fold rear seats would help I thought.

See for yourself.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-0524_154316.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-0524_154323.jpg  

Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-0524_154331.jpg  

Old 24th May 2008, 18:47   #779
Team-BHP Support

OT: which cycle did you buy?

Did you try putting the cycle with the front wheel towards the boot and the boot a little open and tied rather than fully closed. That's how it used to fit in my 800.
Old 24th May 2008, 22:57   #780
Team-BHP Support

LMFAO !! geek i never knew you were so much in need to stuff a bike iN!! My suggestion get a roof mounting bike racks, look kewl and works well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks