Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2008, 10:28   #706
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
One thing i have noticed with 30 all around is that the quality of the ride improves by 40% . I can hardly fell the rough roads anymore. But what worries me is that lower pressure would mean increase wear and tear of tyres or atleast I think so. Jaggu - what is the life of the venturas as promised by your dealer ?
I didnt bother to check i lost one at 100 odd km so much for life and guarantee.

Tyres, Battery, Hoses, Bulbs, Brake pads and fluids dont get fooled if someone offers claims, coz at the end of the day they have their own weird life cycle. Yeah keep them in good health by regular inspection and maintanence.
Old 7th March 2008, 14:42   #707
BHPian

Post edited by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT use inappropriate language, even as an indirect reference to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I didnt bother to check i lost one at 100 odd km so much for life and guarantee..............
I just remembered that !!

Last edited by GTO : 17th March 2008 at 18:11.
Old 7th March 2008, 16:04   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
I have 185/70 R14 G3's on my VDi. What should be the ideal tire Psi. I am maintaining 36/33 F/R as recommanded on the door sticker. I find the ride very harsh,
RMB, I have 185 GIII's too and I usually stick to 33/31 on the highways and 32/30 in the city. Seems to work for me, in terms of ride quality.
Old 9th March 2008, 08:47   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I didnt bother to check i lost one at 100 odd km so much for life and guarantee.

what do you mean lost one? did it run away from ur car or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I suggest ignore the rattles, more you think about it, you might be forced to do more Yoga I strongly suggest you Pillows for Swift which is mist for many people because of not so comfy seating design.

I have realized if rattle starts in any car (even in Innova) most of the rattle will stay or come back after sometime again.

Regards,

Ravi.

PS Yoga (I prefer Ramdev's CD, easy way to learn) is best way to get rid of few health issues, very bad weather, I feel in couple of years people will start moving out of Bangalore.
Swift seats are not the most ergonomical as compared to indica. sometimes i feel like i m driving the car standing in the front seat. the thigh support is bad and it shows after continuous driving. this is one of the reasons palio was looked at as an all rounder and so also indica because of its seating comfort. i think driving comfort, seating comfort, and low NVH must be the only things people must look for irrespective of features. these days its too stressful to drive in a car which does not offer basic back and thigh support due to excessive clutch and brake action on our roads.

and on the other thingy, yes I am a faithful ramdev devotee now
Old 9th March 2008, 12:21   #710
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
Swift seats are not the most ergonomical as compared to indica. sometimes i feel like i m driving the car standing in the front seat. the thigh support is bad and it shows after continuous driving. this is one of the reasons palio was looked at as an all rounder and so also indica because of its seating comfort. i think driving comfort, seating comfort, and low NVH must be the only things people must look for irrespective of features. these days its too stressful to drive in a car which does not offer basic back and thigh support due to excessive clutch and brake action on our roads.

and on the other thingy, yes I am a faithful ramdev devotee now
why dont you pick up a recaro seats

.: RECARO :.
Old 9th March 2008, 15:07   #711
Senior - BHPian

jaggu, can you tell me more about these? who sources them in bangalore? and how much do they cost? are they worth the money? and is it necessary to replace all four seats or only two in the front??
Old 9th March 2008, 15:20   #712
Team-BHP Support

You can replace just the front. You also get imitation recaros. For more info try and see the pics of the JBL swifts. They had these seats. They are very very comfy for long drives but not comfy to get in and out.

In the JBL swifts they were set too low. They can be kept at a higher level for better visibility.
Old 10th March 2008, 08:00   #713
Senior - BHPian

Ignorant again, what is a JBL swift now?
Old 10th March 2008, 08:40   #714
Distinguished - BHPian

@GeekSrik, check this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...bangalore.html
Old 10th March 2008, 09:25   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
what do you mean lost one? did it run away from ur car or what?

Well not exactly. Jaggu was taking one of his highway trips and the culprit was a sharp rock(lying on the Highway I think) whose jagged sharp edge tore out the tyre on impact ! Pretty Scary boss , i must say ! I should immediately go and get my 5th alloy !
Old 17th March 2008, 14:16   #716
BHPian

PUC for Swift VDI

I have been delaying getting a Pollution Under Control Certificate for my Swift VDI for some time , Today finally managed some time and went to a petrol pump ( apposite to Hayat Hotel ND) , to my frustration found out that they only serve petrol vehicles, tried my luck again but even though they were authorized for diesel vehicle , the petrol pump claimed that they didn’t had the required machines for Swift. He told me that there are just couple of pumps which can issue a PUC for Diesel Swift. I felt very frustrated.

Can some one let me know the location in new Delhi where I will be able to get my PUC done? Delhi memebers please help

I also think that’s its duty of Gov to constantly update the PUC center as per new technology.

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 17th March 2008 at 14:31.
Old 17th March 2008, 14:21   #717
Senior - BHPian

this is outrageous. quite an early warning for people like me. now i must scamper around bangalore for an emission test asap. my insurance too is coming to renewal in the next quarter and i m trying to judge how much of no claim bonus i ll get. perhaps it ll be about 25-30%.
Old 17th March 2008, 14:22   #718
Team-BHP Support

Wherever you go, DO NOT go to Dwarka. 5 pumps refused to do a PUC on my car last week. None of them served diesel cars. Got mine done last time from Rohini.

If you go there somewhere, its an IOC/IBP pump between Rohini West metro station and the Japanese park gate.
Old 17th March 2008, 20:36   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
I have been delaying getting a Pollution Under Control Certificate for my Swift VDI for some time , Today finally managed some time and went to a petrol pump ( apposite to Hayat Hotel ND) , to my frustration found out that they only serve petrol vehicles, tried my luck again but even though they were authorized for diesel vehicle , the petrol pump claimed that they didn’t had the required machines for Swift. He told me that there are just couple of pumps which can issue a PUC for Diesel Swift. I felt very frustrated.

Can some one let me know the location in new Delhi where I will be able to get my PUC done? Delhi memebers please help

I also think that’s its duty of Gov to constantly update the PUC center as per new technology.
In fact it is not , I remember how I had to hunt for my PUC. Only few pumps here who do PUC for Crdi Vehicles. \

@koolkid -How much did your emission percent come to ?
Old 20th March 2008, 11:50   #720
Senior - BHPian

I heard there is one PUC testing station in Indiranagar which has the necessary equipment.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks