Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2008, 12:45   #721
BHPian

What to Do ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal
In fact it is not , I remember how I had to hunt for my PUC. Only few pumps here who do PUC for Crdi Vehicles. \

@koolkid -How much did your emission percent come to ?
Sorry for a delayed responce , i am still to get my PUC done ,
OT : one Petrol Punp ( near Punjabi Bagh flyover ) has agreed to do it , but he is demanding 100 Rs ( 60 for the check and rest is his )

He said that they cannot capture the Swift RPM on the old machine so he will need to fake it , hence the added cost.

Old 20th March 2008, 13:07   #722
Team-BHP Support

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...esel-cars.html

There are a couple of pumps mentioned here. See if they are of any help/
Old 20th March 2008, 14:01   #723
BHPian

Thanks

Thank you Eddy for your help , I hope ppl will add more pumps to that list.
Old 21st March 2008, 00:30   #724
BHPian

hey guys. It will time soon for my car's third service and I am still not sure whether to go for synthetic oil (most probably Mobile 1 5W-50). What I am thinking is whether the cost justifies the gain ? I would appreciate people who have used it share their experience on it.
Old 21st March 2008, 00:48   #725
Team-BHP Support

why dont you try mobil delvac 1 instead? ie if its available in delhi.
Old 21st March 2008, 10:11   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
hey guys. It will time soon for my car's third service and I am still not sure whether to go for synthetic oil (most probably Mobile 1 5W-50). What I am thinking is whether the cost justifies the gain ? I would appreciate people who have used it share their experience on it.

I do not think there is enough justification on the cost you incur on synthetic oils vis-a-vis the gain you get. it is only the feel good factor that is influencing people to go in for synthetic oils. Else mineral oil like Mobil Delvac 1300 is very good for Swift D.
Old 21st March 2008, 13:28   #727
Senior - BHPian

personally speaking, i am no more a fan of synthetic oil. i d probably revert to mineral oil next time austere. somehow i dont find it so convincingly silent or better powered or effecient or whatever after my service. if you arent really fazed by synthetic oil i suggest you save yourself some bucks and go for normal mineral oil.
Old 21st March 2008, 15:11   #728
Team-BHP Support

geek, i recently came across the info on the forum that mobil delvac 1 (which is Syn form of our regular delvac) might be the right upgrade.

i will be tied up for next 1.5 months, but surely will try my luck at sourcing and using this lube and will keep you posted.
Old 22nd March 2008, 00:42   #729
BHPian

This is transcript of email conversation between me and Rotex Petrochem pvt ltd., the company which market Mobile 1 in India.

Rotex Petrochem to Me (replying for my query I made at their website)

Dear Sir,

We would recommend Mobil 1 0W40 for your Swift Diesel. It is a
tri-synthetic product and would perform well in your vehicle.

If you decide to purchase the same we can door deliver the
product.

Regards,

Me to Petrochem

Dear Mr Prakash,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I was wondering what difference would it make if I use 5W-50 instead of 0W-40. I read at your website that both these oils have been recommended for Petrol Engines. I also read accompanied .pdf files for these oils and there was some reference that 0W-40 will get better protection at lower temperature. But these "lower temperature" would be much lower in Europe or other cold country that what we encounter here in Delhi.

Thanks

Their Reply

Dear Vikas,

Mobil 1 of all viscosities can be used in both Petrol as well as
diesel passenger vehicles.

We have a product called Delvac 1 for Diesel Commercial vehicles
where the soot build up has to be tackled. For Diesel Passeger
Vehicles Mobil 1 will do.

The 0W40 viscoity product gives you better fuel savings as its
viscosity is lower than 5W50.

Additionally, your Swift Diesel Engine works great on 0W40 as its
clearence levels in the engine are low.

Regards,

Old 29th March 2008, 08:23   #730
Senior - BHPian

12000 kms one good car finally!

Dear all

I ve just clocked 12000 kms yesterday and I must appreciate the car for what it is. In my past automobile history, I ve not had a car that did not have some problem or the other in the first 10k kms itself. but my swift D is an exception thanks to some good 'Engine'-ering

Today I am taking my car to Sai Iyengar for tyre rotation. Parallely I am also trying to source a Firefox Bike (cycle in layman's terms). This is because though i like my swift, its ridiculous to waste fuel time and energy taking it on drives less than 200 metres from my house!

The suspension, brakes etc are as new as ever. The change over to dolphin black art leather seat covers really has removed most of the static shocks that I used to get and dread with any car. How I wish Maruti understood the customer sentiment and launched a ZDi verison of this car fully loaded with climatronics, defogger, wipers at rear and inbuilt stereo. This would have done a world of good with ABS and airbags. This however they have launched in dZire and would recommend others to consider the Zdi model for the safety it offers.

i ve got a few scracthes on my car now, 3 to be precise. one on right side view mirror, i had very little space to take my car out and scratched on the wall a bit, the other is a friendly scratch given on my right wheel arch by my friend neighbourhood spidermen (read naughty kids on the block) and the third is a set of scrapes on the left wheel arches (again given by whom is a mystery for me). i ve not teflon-ed the car yet. and dont intend to do that too for sometime.

planning to take her on a long drive to Coimbatore from here someday soon. had a chance to take my family to chennai next month but since the car does have a little bit of roll at the rear, I didnt find it wise to put my kid in that car and take him along for 700kms up and down. he gets psyched if i take him out shopping in this car or even just to come out of the house. guess he is still yet to get used to the traffic commotion and stress outside. for us its ok, but for kids its quite something at that age!

i also find my kid not being able to sit properly in the pram, his head keeps tilting to his left most times, so i dont expect him to feel so comfy in the car child seat either. unless its some kind of recaro with side bulges and all. so i ve booked the railways to take him across somtimes the good old modes are more comfortable.

The michelin's have done a great job so far and so have the lenso alloys. I just wish bangalore traffic police get a mandatory rule to dim all headlights within city. this will save thousands of lives which otherwise are lost by way of accidents.

coming to the damping jobs done by evo and maruti, i am sorry to say my rattles have NOT been solved. and i m slowly giving up on it as it consumes enormous weekends just to "TRY" and solve this each time.

although i do know diesels perhaps pollute more, in terms of scales of economy, diesels are the in things going forward. so i already expect others to follow suit with diesels. fords got it, maruti now has it, fiat has it too, chevy is the only one who hasnt launched a diesel with aveo and they better come up with it fast and we ll have a worth alternative to the DZire.

So the journey continues and I am enjoying my car for now. I still have a 2.5 lacs loan for it and hope to complete it soon. Just want to have zero loans and commitments and enjoy life in general.

Ciao!
Srik
Old 29th March 2008, 10:39   #731
Team-BHP Support

Geeky,

Try System-D. My initial impressions are pretty good. Smoother ride with better FE
Old 29th March 2008, 11:22   #732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am also trying to source a Firefox Bike (cycle in layman's terms). This is because though i like my swift, its ridiculous to waste fuel time and energy taking it on drives less than 200 metres from my house!
(
You might want to take a look for a pair of legs. Shod with decent feet, they can make short work of 200 metres!

Trouble is, vehicle ownership is the worst thing in the world for legs! Certainly is for mine!

)
Old 29th March 2008, 14:50   #733
Senior - BHPian

eddy

whats system D? elaborate please?

meanwhile i completed the tyre rotation and things are fine. met ashwin at sai iyengars. he is a gentleman really. always very accomodative.

as for the cycles, they are in the range 6k to 10k anything more and i can get a TVS XL i think

srik
Old 30th March 2008, 01:03   #734
BHPian

Well. I must attribute this to the stock tyres

The stock tyres that maruti provides is just not enuf. I had a couple of drinks yday and was really on it. Was pushing my car to the limits and finally, it slid so badly, i landed in gutter. Front fender, under body severed. Previous 2 turns, the car was swerving very badly. Was just wondering, who was really drunk. Finally, landed in the gutter. Damn !
See attached pic
@mods: Pls excuse, its a lil O.T.

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (enuf = enough, yday = yesterday, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th March 2008 at 01:45. Reason: Please see note in post.
hellraizer is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th March 2008, 01:46   #735
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
The stock tyres that maruti provides is just not enuf. I had a couple of drinks yday and was really on it. Was pushing my car to the limits and finally, it slid so badly, i landed in gutter. Front fender, under body severed. Previous 2 turns, the car was swerving very badly. Was just wondering, who was really drunk. Finally, landed in the gutter. Damn !
See attached pic
@mods: Pls excuse, its a lil O.T.
I am sorry if I sound rude but it was not the tyres mate, it was YOU was at fault. You can have the best tyres, ABS etc on it but most of all; you need an alert mind controlling all the machines. And that is what faltered in your case.

Finally landed in the gutter eh ? You must be thankful. Its much better than landing underneath a truck.

Don't drink and drive. All the best.
-----------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
eddy

whats system D? elaborate please?
Its a diesel additive available at BP petrol pumps. Cleans the injectors if I am not mistaken. Should be used with normal diesel (1 ml per liter of diesel). I used it and found it to be effective in terms of engine smoothness and FE.

Last edited by Eddy : 30th March 2008 at 01:49.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks