Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 15:49   #1096
Team-BHP Support

That is the ECU check light, there might be some minor error that was recorded. Do connect a scanner and read the error code when you visit the service station next.

Shouldnt be anything major, but low fuel level shouldnt trigger the light, unless it was really really low and stalling the car.

Its not a good thing to drive around with such low fuel levels, try to tank up when you reach 1/4 mark on the fuel gauge.
Old 12th November 2009, 16:01   #1097
BHPian

Thank you Jaggu. Normally, I don't let my fuel tank to go that low. This just happened this time.
Old 24th November 2009, 10:56   #1098
Senior - BHPian

30000 kms done!

Another milestone in my life. Crossed 30000 kms finally in about 2.5 yrs of owning the swift. the initial euphoria i must say has died down now and I am settled for more saner driving. did a service for almost 6500 bucks. wipers replaced. brake pads gone and cost me a bomb of almost 2.7k. oil change, full interior cleaning, coil spring noise repaired. left power window wont work in front of car. (even after service!). console box keeps opening by itself now and then. dashboard gets accumulated with dust too often. A/C efficiency was low since duct was blocked. got that sorted too. FE was dropping drastically. my fuel meter was so eager to reach empty compared to usual times. they have adjusted that now.

on other things, the clutch has gone weak and needs replacement. price quoted another 7000 bucks. so have put it off for the time being. lots of important things going on at home and office. will update again

a bill of close to 13k after 30000km seems steep. but clutch wear and tear at this young age is a bit unheard of. i have ripped the car, so perhaps that be the culprit.

many more enjoyable kilometers to come by
Attached Thumbnails
Swift VDi ownership: A Running report-img00115200911172006.jpg  

Old 24th November 2009, 11:05   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
Another milestone in my life. Crossed 30000 kms finally in about 2.5 yrs of owning the swift. the initial euphoria i must say has died down now and I am settled for more saner driving. did a service for almost 6500 bucks. wipers replaced. brake pads gone and cost me a bomb of almost 2.7k. oil change, full interior cleaning, coil spring noise repaired. left power window wont work in front of car. (even after service!). console box keeps opening by itself now and then. dashboard gets accumulated with dust too often. A/C efficiency was low since duct was blocked. got that sorted too. FE was dropping drastically. my fuel meter was so eager to reach empty compared to usual times. they have adjusted that now.

on other things, the clutch has gone weak and needs replacement. price quoted another 7000 bucks. so have put it off for the time being. lots of important things going on at home and office. will update again

a bill of close to 13k after 30000km seems steep. but clutch wear and tear at this young age is a bit unheard of. i have ripped the car, so perhaps that be the culprit.

many more enjoyable kilometers to come by

Me too have reached 26k mark and I am facing the same problems of a weak clutch. In fact after a certain speed ( approx 80kmph in 5th gear) the car refuses to pull and the engine revving increases.Are u facing this problem too? How did you know it is a weak clutch otherwise ? 7k is really steep ! ..... I am yet to take a quote from the MASS guys here !

I had to replace both the brake pads and the discs and that cost me approx 5k . Me too ripped the car really hard, u cant really resist , and these problems could have been on account of these hard driving. But still I rip the car ...... !
Old 24th November 2009, 11:09   #1100
Senior - BHPian

Nice report. The swift clutch is known to be good only for about 30k kms +/- 5k kms depending on the driving style.
Old 24th November 2009, 11:17   #1101
Team-BHP Support

huh! who said clutch is good for 30k kms? i personally have seen swifts which has run more than 50k kms on original clutch. My car is at 38k kms and so far so good. I think its got lots to do with the way one drives, especially while starting off and in stop and go city traffic. If you dont lug the clutch no reason why it should burn out even if you drive hard.

Brake pads are also funny since in my ddis its still going strong, i had asked the A.S.S to specifically check at 35k service and they said it still has many more kms to go. On the other hand the petrol swift had one set worn out by 33k kms, but this car was not regularly maintained.

So at the end of the day, it depends on the driver and lots to do with the garage you take it to. Some try to change parts without any reasoning
Old 24th November 2009, 11:46   #1102
Senior - BHPian

ya it all depends on the way you drive and the traffic in your city.

and ya the MGP clutch costs only 3k here in mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
huh! who said clutch is good for 30k kms? i personally have seen swifts which has run more than 50k kms on original clutch. My car is at 38k kms and so far so good. I think its got lots to do with the way one drives, especially while starting off and in stop and go city traffic. If you dont lug the clutch no reason why it should burn out even if you drive hard.

Brake pads are also funny since in my ddis its still going strong, i had asked the A.S.S to specifically check at 35k service and they said it still has many more kms to go. On the other hand the petrol swift had one set worn out by 33k kms, but this car was not regularly maintained.

So at the end of the day, it depends on the driver and lots to do with the garage you take it to. Some try to change parts without any reasoning
Old 24th November 2009, 16:44   #1103
BHPian

+1 on that Jaggu, I just completed my 60k service and no issues with the clutch as yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

Old 24th November 2009, 18:03   #1104
BHPian

VDi low fuel indicator...

Guys,

When the low fuel indicator blinks on VDi, how many liters would be there in the fuel tank ?
Old 24th November 2009, 18:46   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Guys,

When the low fuel indicator blinks on VDi, how many liters would be there in the fuel tank ?
does the low fuel indicator comes up in VDI? I have an LDI - and what I was told by MA.S.S was that diesels don't have a indicator lamp feedback sensor, just the fuel gauge sensor...
Old 24th November 2009, 19:09   #1106
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Guys,

There is a low fuel indicator ? I guess, you are looking at some other light.
Old 24th November 2009, 19:21   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
does the low fuel indicator comes up in VDI? I have an LDI - and what I was told by MA.S.S was that diesels don't have a indicator lamp feedback sensor, just the fuel gauge sensor...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
There is a low fuel indicator ? I guess, you are looking at some other light.
Yes, there is a low fuel indicator. It did show up once, but as i did not do a full tank, i am not aware at what point it gets triggered.
Old 24th November 2009, 20:12   #1108
BHPian

I dont think there is a low fuel indicator in swift. It is just a graphic with the sign of a petrol dispenser and a left arrow. The user manual tells that it is for indicating that the fuel cap( or whatever it is called) is on the left side of the car.
Old 24th November 2009, 21:11   #1109
Team-BHP Support

There is provision in the console, i dont know if it has been hooked up on new models?
Old 24th November 2009, 21:17   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Me too have reached 26k mark and I am facing the same problems of a weak clutch. In fact after a certain speed ( approx 80kmph in 5th gear) the car refuses to pull and the engine revving increases.Are u facing this problem too? How did you know it is a weak clutch otherwise ? 7k is really steep ! ..... I am yet to take a quote from the MASS guys here !

I had to replace both the brake pads and the discs and that cost me approx 5k . Me too ripped the car really hard, u cant really resist , and these problems could have been on account of these hard driving. But still I rip the car ...... !
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Nice report. The swift clutch is known to be good only for about 30k kms +/- 5k kms depending on the driving style.
I'm nearing 50K km and the clutch is as smooth as ever and don't see it going bad for a while. Though yes the brake pad were changed almost 6K km ago...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed