Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 22:10   #1111
vsh
BHPian

i have completed 32500 km on dzire vdi and no problem with clutch. but yes, i have changed brakepads at 25000km. i am a new driver and may be my driving might be the reason.
Old 25th November 2009, 08:48   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunkb View Post
I dont think there is a low fuel indicator in swift. It is just a graphic with the sign of a petrol dispenser and a left arrow. The user manual tells that it is for indicating that the fuel cap( or whatever it is called) is on the left side of the car.
All that has been done just to indicate that fuel lid is on the left side of the car ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
There is provision in the console, i dont know if it has been hooked up on new models?
We got our car in april of this year, and they might have activated this feature. Anyways, let me check with mandovi jp nagar on the same.
Old 25th November 2009, 11:41   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
Another milestone in my life. Crossed 30000 kms finally in about 2.5 yrs of owning the swift. the initial euphoria i must say has died down now and I am settled for more saner driving. did a service for almost 6500 bucks. wipers replaced. brake pads gone and cost me a bomb of almost 2.7k. oil change, full interior cleaning, coil spring noise repaired. left power window wont work in front of car. (even after service!). console box keeps opening by itself now and then. dashboard gets accumulated with dust too often. A/C efficiency was low since duct was blocked. got that sorted too. FE was dropping drastically. my fuel meter was so eager to reach empty compared to usual times. they have adjusted that now.

on other things, the clutch has gone weak and needs replacement. price quoted another 7000 bucks. so have put it off for the time being. lots of important things going on at home and office. will update again

a bill of close to 13k after 30000km seems steep. but clutch wear and tear at this young age is a bit unheard of. i have ripped the car, so perhaps that be the culprit.

many more enjoyable kilometers to come by
I have done close to 50K kms and all I have changed in my car is Tyres other than all the fluid changes that Maruti recommends every 20K Kms. Oh I forgot I got the right rear wheel bearing replaced on warantty.

My front brake is 50% worn while the back one is 25% worn. Clutch seems to be fine can't make out how much life is left in it till you open it.

My Left front power window also seems to be opening/closing erratically.
Old 25th November 2009, 11:48   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner fan View Post
I'm nearing 50K km and the clutch is as smooth as ever and don't see it going bad for a while. Though yes the brake pad were changed almost 6K km ago...
ok i may be wrong, but do the "d" and the "x" have the same clutch??
Old 25th November 2009, 11:52   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
ok i may be wrong, but do the "d" and the "x" have the same clutch??
No They don't. D has a much Heavier/Sturdier/improved clutch than the petrol one.
Old 25th November 2009, 12:11   #1116
Senior - BHPian

So that says it all. My bad, i was under the wrong impression as the "x" clutches last a lot less form what i have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
No They don't. D has a much Heavier/Sturdier/improved clutch than the petrol one.
Old 25th November 2009, 12:28   #1117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
All that has been done just to indicate that fuel lid is on the left side of the car ????
This is international norm now in almost all vehicles. The Fuel pump icon will have a small arrow indicating which side of the car the fuel cap is so that when you drive up to the pump you know which side to park.

It is very convenient for people who self drive hire cars and for new owners.
Old 25th November 2009, 13:24   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
This is international norm now in almost all vehicles. The Fuel pump icon will have a small arrow indicating which side of the car the fuel cap is so that when you drive up to the pump you know which side to park.

It is very convenient for people who self drive hire cars and for new owners.
Well.. i.e quite an effort to show us about the fuel inlet location.
Old 26th November 2009, 12:36   #1119
BHPian

Can anyone please let me know how to switch on the rear fog lamp in a VDi
Old 26th November 2009, 12:50   #1120
Team-BHP Support

Switch the headlights ON, then turn the outter ring which is for rear fog's.
Old 26th November 2009, 12:50   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu0611 View Post
Can anyone please let me know how to switch on the rear fog lamp in a VDi
There is a tumbler switch next to the light switch which switches on the rear fog. Please go through the owner's manual thoroughly. It is clearly mentioned there. Reading OM really is essential.
Old 30th November 2009, 17:08   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Hello,
My car has done 46K and the clutch is still strong, no jerks or shivers when releasing from standstill. Brakes are still good, the mechanic was stating that they should be good for a further 15 to 20K Kms. No replacement of stock tires, only one tire is showing some sure signs of wear, apart from that things are pretty good. Plan to do a turbo flush at 50K. Is this recommendable? Please suggest. Planning to get the leathers done in a couple of month's time to give it a fresh look, Would be eager to listen to people on the color choises, please do PM me as i do not have a report or thread on my car. She is black in exterior if that can help your thoughts. Am planning for a cream or pale white to go with roof and pillar colors. Understand that maintenance would be an expensive affair.
Old 3rd December 2009, 00:06   #1123
BANNED

Hi My vdi has done 19550kms till today and today i noticed a problem.

When going in speeds >70 ,there is a jerk ie...the same kind of thing which happens when our bikes come to reserve from main,I am worried if it is a big problem.

Guess the filter is dusty so this is happening .
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:39   #1124
Senior - BHPian

car grounded for now

guys

had a change in job last week. new job is walkable from home. takes 5 mins to reach office thats all. feels great to walk for a change. legs dont feel tired either. car has been grounded for now until I find better use for it :-) i did enjoy my 30,000 kms of driving for 2.5 yrs. I would be finishing off with the car loan this month hopefully. so one loan down. no high spends on fuel either except weekends.

clutch replacement is kept pending for now. will do it if it becomes highly unusable.

Srik

PS: Jaggu i never knew of the rear fog light in swift. thanks for the enlightenment.
Old 4th December 2009, 12:17   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
guys

had a change in job last week. new job is walkable from home.

Srik

PS: Jaggu i never knew of the rear fog light in swift. thanks for the enlightenment.
Congratulations on your new job, and envy you for the walkable distance from work to home.
I am planning to try BMTC in new year

rear fog light was new to me as well. Will try on weekend. I was taking credit for reading the manual end to end, but still missed it out.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed