Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2010, 18:20   #1126
BHPian

Guys, Where is the rear Fog Lamp in Swift VDI .. is it part of the Rear Lamp cluster ??
Old 8th March 2010, 21:03   #1127
BHPian

Its the light at center of the rear bumper, right at the bottom
Old 12th March 2010, 09:16   #1128
BHPian

Jerk at 80km/hr speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi My vdi has done 19550kms till today and today i noticed a problem.

When going in speeds >70 ,there is a jerk ie...the same kind of thing which happens when our bikes come to reserve from main,I am worried if it is a big problem.

Guess the filter is dusty so this is happening .
Joshguy, I have the same problem on my Swift VDI, while driving on Highways on 5th Gear at around 80km/hr there is a Jerk, I still have this problem, did you get this fixed? if yes what was the problem? plz through some light on this issue.
Old 12th March 2010, 12:58   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy81 View Post
Joshguy, I have the same problem on my Swift VDI, while driving on Highways on 5th Gear at around 80km/hr there is a Jerk, I still have this problem, did you get this fixed? if yes what was the problem? plz through some light on this issue.
Guys, I too have the same problem. Not just in 5th gear. I find this jerk (little dip in power delivery) during acceleration in all (2,3,4,5) gears.
Old 17th March 2010, 18:01   #1130
Senior - BHPian

I dont face any such problem even after 31.500 kms. however lately on switching on AC and trying to accelerate in first two gears produces something close to this, but not always.

Could this be a case of clogged exhaust jaggu? Will decarbonizing and a/c vent cleaning help in anyway? is it the oil ?

No jerks though.

Last edited by GeekSrik : 17th March 2010 at 18:02.
Old 17th March 2010, 18:14   #1131
Team-BHP Support

Clean air filters first, even if you have serviced it recently opening up and checking the filter is a good idea. Exhaust clogging at 30k kms is highly unlikely.

AC vent cleaning will help in cooling of the ac, it will not do anything to the engine performance.

What oil are you using now?
Old 17th March 2010, 18:20   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu, I use mineral oil. I dont fancy using synthetic as it seemed to provide me an unrefined noise on the engine front. however if the question is directed at addy, he should answer!
Old 17th March 2010, 18:45   #1133
Team-BHP Support

Question was for you Geek, since you asked if its the oil. Mineral oil will not make any such issues, i have been using only mineral oil from day one till date.
Old 17th March 2010, 19:40   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Clean air filters first, even if you have serviced it recently opening up and checking the filter is a good idea. Exhaust clogging at 30k kms is highly unlikely.

AC vent cleaning will help in cooling of the ac, it will not do anything to the engine performance.

What oil are you using now?
Initialy I had a feeling that this jerk was caused by unclean airfilters, anyway I have completed 20,000kms on my Swift VDI and will get the airfilters replaced. I plan to go for K&N stock replacement air filters.
Old 21st May 2010, 10:19   #1135
Senior - BHPian

guys, i am still here. inching kilometer by kilometer. yet going nowhere. life progresses, but car is too slow :-) finished 33,333 kms not much from my previous updates, but the car is beginning to feel like a pain of late.

i am just realizing that a car is about comfort and safety and not just FE and being cheap. my clutch assembly has failed, which is warranting a 7k expenditure for changing it. but i am using the car without that change for almost three months now which might also mean uneven fuel guzzling or discomfort for the legs.

question is more about what must a car be. and whether it must be what it is now. a great engine. more than acceptable fuel expenditure and mileage. but what about other things? safety? noise insulation? real comfort? technology? ease of ride? one look at the beat and I was really impressed how such a small car could give more space than my swift. its got all the bells and whistles much like the punto, yet has bigger space, alright but for four people.

i am still feeling i have been the unfortunate target of maruti's experimental batch of DDIS which does not even sport a rear wiper (shame on you guys) leave alone defogger or unheard things like ABS on the diesels at that time of purchase. of course since then things have come a long way. day and night i am racking my brains on whether its a diesel again, or just a petrol. somehow the ease of pulling exhibited by a diesel engine makes me hate a petrol. but i also understand a petrol of more than 1600cc will be worth it except for FE.

even as i speak, and the aging fiestas, aveos, vernas, indigos pass by me, there is an anticipation of new beginnings to come such as the corolla diesel, the vw vento, and a perhaps much more refreshing linea to name a few. as always the iconic city and civic will remain being longed for in any given year in future.

there are now two critical decisions i must make

1. what type of car i need (hatch, sedan or suv)
2. what car must i go for (budget upto 7 lac in exchange with swift, but with all the bells and whistles and a capable engine petrol or diesel)

there is one strong criteria that whatever I buy must serve me beyond 7 years atleast and about 10 years at most. for we know not what life has in store for us way beyond that limit either in terms of job, or family.

my trust in maruti is dwindling much as my trust in nokia. i recently purchased an apple iphone after realizing that only few companies can perfect what they can do. i want to repeat the story with cars as well. three marutis, one fiat later, this time I really need something that will give me the best.

Linea is a strong contender, just underpowered a bit and the scare of going to tata for service. other than that i can only think of vento, and corolla as the only other viable options. Innova is always a last resort if i am unable to find something of my choice. i was reading sam kapasi's experiences in buying a skoda and most of what he wanted matches with what I want, except the high cost technical stuff which makes life easy, since i know i wont get that in my price range.

I want all the jaggus, vids, eddys, gemis, rudras, gto's, and distinguished bhpians to give me a piece of their mind. my biggest problem seems to be a car change every 3 yrs. much like my job. what would you advise such a person for his next car. i need a car where i just buy it and use it. no more expenditure beyond that (except ice if required).

till then my thinking hat is still on and so also a renewed subscription to autocar for this year!
Old 21st May 2010, 18:55   #1136
Senior - BHPian

Well good that you realized the fact now. I suggest in small cars think about i10, medium sized car i20, Polo, Ford figo. Sedans like Indigo Manza (Diesel is still noisy), pre owned Corolla, Honda City.

Linea or Jazz are one of the best choice. My vote goes to Jazz.

If think beyond Sedans pre owned Innova, XYLO are good choice.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 21st May 2010, 19:43   #1137
Team-BHP Support

Give me your car for a week and some budget, ill make you fall in love with the Swift again

But seriously i don't think the km's you run warrant a new car, remember its a diminishing investment. Unless you are getting it as part of your salary deal, i wouldn't recommend.

Coming to new car, i think you should start a new thread with your requirements in the general format so that other can share opinions.
Old 22nd May 2010, 14:08   #1138
Senior - BHPian

And how exactly jaggu do you intend to make me fall in love again please??
Old 23rd May 2010, 21:05   #1139
Senior - BHPian

jaggu, can you comment please?
Old 24th May 2010, 22:31   #1140
BHPian

I'll closely watch this thread now for Jaggu's suggestions as I need to plan something for my swift next year!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks