Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2007, 14:10   #91
BHPian

Hi Geek,
Can you mention the Model number of the autocop system you have installed. I have installed the XS2500, for Rs. 2500. This is a basic model, which has only door/bonnet/boot alarm and keyless entry. And as VDi already features the central locking, none of the door panels needed to be opened or actuators need to be fixed. In my case the central locking is automatically done few seconds after I start the engine.
Old 2nd July 2007, 14:55   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
s
so what specially did i install? well, nothing much the same usual nonsense. central locking, stereo (old pioneer stereo, jbl oval pair) + new jbl circular door speakers with full wiring, wooden parcel shelf, new philips 90W headlamps, dolphin black seat covers, chrome tipped exhaust pipe cover, door stop beadings (small black ones - look cool!), steering leather wrap, and llumar sun film medium dark.
Doesnt Swift VDi come with central locking? So ,isn't a security system with just remote locking enough. I have booked a VDi and was planning on putting the Nippon MGA remote locking system. The dealer quoted me Rs. 5,900 for the same.
Please enlighten.
Any suggestions for a good outlet in Mumbai (western suburbs) for after market accessories including a music system install?
Old 2nd July 2007, 15:55   #93
Senior - BHPian

Doesnt Maruti provide keyless entry like in ZXi for 6.5K ???
Old 2nd July 2007, 15:58   #94
Senior - BHPian

abhi, abhibh - yes its available at 5.5 k but i didnt take it from maruti, but autocop. and abhi, give me time till today evening and i shall give you the model number for your reference. it costed me 3,200 bucks.
Old 2nd July 2007, 16:39   #95
BANNED

Congrates Srik just wanna know the delivery period for VDI as mine is going to take 4-5 months as per the Dealer :(.
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:52   #96
BHPian

gettin my car in a coupla days..

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : SMS / Slang language is not the preferred mode of communication on Team-BHP. We would much appreciate if you type your post out in clear and concise english for the benefit of other community members.

Thanks!

Last edited by DCEite : 3rd July 2007 at 08:50.
Old 4th July 2007, 09:54   #97
Senior - BHPian

500kms and the rattling game starts

so today i finish 500kms with the car, and the favorite maruti rattle game has just begun. both front door windows give a faint rattle only at certain times, but this is very consistent and pronounced when you have silence all round. its clearly audible and sort of irritating.

i'd like to know if any one service centre in bangalore best knows how to solve this problem. i dont want to give the car for a service fully, but only want to solve this problem of rattles. everything else in the car is fine, and i dont want to screw up anything, barring solving the rattles problem. so if you know people who will do it properly, in Bangalore, let me know.

another issue I have noticed is that sometimes the car pulls to a certain direction (either left or right), though not violently, and I m thinking whether this is because of the tyre profile change compared to stock ones. the grip is fine, just the occasional pull feeling. i ve done 120 once, 100 a few times, but best maintain it within 80 till now in city. and its no doubt a beauty to drive.

after eatmydust scraped his new aveo due to not having power assisted braking when engine was off, i tested the same yesterday and found it really annoying that braking was ~ 0 when engine was off. atleast i learnt the lesson yesterday and will be careful about that in future.

i need to know from you all, especially the great distinguished VID, what tyre pressure is best for the michelin energy tyres for swift D. i m not sure what he has put in, but i dont feel like changing it. its grippy now, but its not more like a car should be. its not that free flowing to say. so maybe the next time i go over to shell, i ll fill in proper air. please mention me the psi what should be there for these tyres.

also i m heading out to chennai next weekend, so should i then increase the psi for highway drives?
Old 4th July 2007, 11:35   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
after eatmydust scraped his new aveo due to not having power assisted braking when engine was off, i tested the same yesterday and found it really annoying that braking was ~ 0 when engine was off. atleast i learnt the lesson yesterday and will be careful about that in future.
Well good to know u figured it out. My friend learned it the hard way while coming down from hilly area he switched off the engine and damn he was saved by the co driver as he pulled the hand break.

Any update on FE after 500 KM ?

Last edited by abhibh : 4th July 2007 at 11:36.
Old 4th July 2007, 11:46   #99
Senior - BHPian

abhibh, i m still measuring full tank to full tank FE. maybe after my chennai trip, i ll be able to give some decent numbers. for now its 15+
Old 4th July 2007, 13:57   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
abhibh, i m still measuring full tank to full tank FE. maybe after my chennai trip, i ll be able to give some decent numbers. for now its 15+
Something tells me the final figure is going to make a lot of TBhp'ians jealous.
Old 4th July 2007, 16:14   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

i need to know from you all, especially the great distinguished VID, what tyre pressure is best for the michelin energy tyres for swift D.
Oi is that me? hehehe.

Nice review geeksrik. good to know your happy with the car. the mileage in city looks sweet.

Regarding the rattles I would suggest let it be for now. If you go to the service centre they may mess up something else. Get everything done at the 1000kms service.

Regarding the pressures you need to do trial and error and see which you are most comfortable with. It can be anything between 29psi to 32psi.

I would suggest ask jaggu who is running the same size tyres on his swift VDi. I think 31psi in front and 33psi at the back.

Even Iraghava can help with the michelin recommended pressures.

Enjoy and drive safe.
Old 4th July 2007, 16:50   #102
BHPian

Hi Saw an ozone blue Swift VDi setting the road on fire near Hudson circle last night.. First thought it was a petrol by the way it pulled away at the signal without any noticeable engine noise... then I managed to catch up with it and saw it was a VDI. Impressive!! Was it you Geek? Around 7 PM last night?
Old 4th July 2007, 17:01   #103
Senior - BHPian

ok vid, i ll take the help from iraghava, and jaggu - are you guys listening? and nimz, it wasnt me. i dont travel via hudson. i travel mg road, chinnaswamy stadium road, minsk square, raj bhavan, mekhri circle, hebbal, nagwara!
Old 5th July 2007, 01:00   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I would suggest ask jaggu who is running the same size tyres on his swift VDi. I think 31psi in front and 33psi at the back.
If I am not wrong Jaggu is running some 195 on 14 inch.

hey Vid, should the pressure change if the gas filled os Nitrogen instead of Air ?
Old 5th July 2007, 01:01   #105
Senior - BHPian

Wah wah, Vidyutbhai, aap mahaan hai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
hey Vid, should the pressure change if the gas filled os Nitrogen instead of Air ?
I see no reason why. But let Vidyutbhai confirm.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks