Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2007, 11:35   #31

Hi folks... what is the major difference between the old Aveo 1.4LS and the new one? I am buying a 1.4 about a year old so reading this thread wanted to know if all is ok.

Regrads
VB
Old 20th August 2007, 12:07   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbhatia View Post
Hi folks... what is the major difference between the old Aveo 1.4LS and the new one? I am buying a 1.4 about a year old so reading this thread wanted to know if all is ok.

Regrads
VB
The differences are as follows:

Much improved gear shift
Improved throttle response
New speedometer/tachometer cluster
Chrome trims on the Ac vents
Rear arm rest
Improved AC (read about it somewhere but can't confirm)
Old 20th August 2007, 12:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What do you suggest guys should i change my good year now ? or should wait for sometime...
Do help me in knowing pros and cons
I am assuming its Goodyear GPS2, how many kms have you done, if you have done more then 1000kms, it doesnot make sense since the Bridgestones are not vastly better and both are tubeless, i would say stick with the tyres and upsize at around 30000kms to yokos.

BTW my car came with Kumho Powermax, the grip was awesome on the tyres, very very soft compound, used to burn very fast and yield excellent grip. The size was 195/55/15
Old 20th August 2007, 12:24   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I am assuming its Goodyear GPS2, how many kms have you done, if you have done more then 1000kms, it doesnot make sense since the Bridgestones are not vastly better and both are tubeless, i would say stick with the tyres and upsize at around 30000kms to yokos.

BTW my car came with Kumho Powermax, the grip was awesome on the tyres, very very soft compound, used to burn very fast and yield excellent grip. The size was 195/55/15
Thanks Busa, till date i have done 2200 kms. Reason i asked is that i read in some post that good year makes more noise on road then other tyres, Hence this query.

however keeping mind in above suggestion i would be changing them after 30000 kms

Thank you.
Old 20th August 2007, 12:27   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup10 View Post
The differences are as follows:

Much improved gear shift
Improved throttle response
New speedometer/tachometer cluster
Chrome trims on the Ac vents
Rear arm rest
Improved AC (read about it somewhere but can't confirm)

Arup you missed few things GM promise and Improved A.S.S comes with new Aveo that was on lighter side guys.

But It would be interesting to know the number of aveo sold in india in august and sept

Last edited by kamy450 : 20th August 2007 at 12:33.
Old 20th August 2007, 12:32   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post
Arup you missed few things GM promise and Improved A.S.S comes with new Aveo that was on lighter side guys.

But still watch out the number of aveos sold in india in august
You are right !
Old 25th August 2007, 16:42   #37
BHPian

hi guys,

i also booked the BLACK Aveo 1.4 base.
1) i asked the dealer for alloy wheels, which he finally agreed, i want to know whether i should aim for any particular type of alloy or anything will do.
2) dealer knocked off the first insurance money.
3) i can ask him to fit the chrome thing, its really looks good?
car will be delivered on august31st. i will keep you posted.
Old 25th August 2007, 17:15   #38
BHPian

The new Aveo (post modification) has all that one is looking for in a good family car. Good looks (inside and outside), comfortable interiors, great drive, powerful a/c, solid build and reasonable FE. I wish I had few more colours to choose from (look at the colours in which Swift comes!). GM has a winner on hand and I am sure the sales would be good in the months to come.
Old 25th August 2007, 18:05   #39

HELP!!! I am in Hyderabad and am planning to an AVEO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post

But It would be interesting to know the number of aveo sold in india in august and sept

Thanks Dude...

I am in Hyderabad and am planning to buy a car...
I am getting 2 options... please suggest which is a better option to buy

1. Aveo 1.4 Base - 2007 March - White - 2800Km - 470K price
Some repair done on the bonnet etc due to unknown issues.

2. Aveo 1.4 LS - 2006 Jul - Black - 6000Km - 500K price
No repair history.. seems clean and a good car

The reason i am planning to buy an Aveo is not that im a fan of GM but coz its resale price is very low...

I know (thanks to the forum) that there are some important changes in the car.. so that is making me think whether it would actually be a good option to buy an old Aveo .. sans the goodies / changes with the new one.

Please suggest if old Aveo is good enough to buy and which one of these options is a good one to pick up... price and specs wise.

Thanks a bunch...
Old 25th August 2007, 18:51   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbhatia View Post
Thanks Dude...

I am in Hyderabad and am planning to buy a car...
I am getting 2 options... please suggest which is a better option to buy

1. Aveo 1.4 Base - 2007 March - White - 2800Km - 470K price
Some repair done on the bonnet etc due to unknown issues.

2. Aveo 1.4 LS - 2006 Jul - Black - 6000Km - 500K price
No repair history.. seems clean and a good car

The reason i am planning to buy an Aveo is not that im a fan of GM but coz its resale price is very low...

I know (thanks to the forum) that there are some important changes in the car.. so that is making me think whether it would actually be a good option to buy an old Aveo .. sans the goodies / changes with the new one.

Please suggest if old Aveo is good enough to buy and which one of these options is a good one to pick up... price and specs wise.

Thanks a bunch...
Hi vbhatia,

Aveo 1.4 LS @ 5L seems a better option as you say it has no repair history. Also, Aveo rocks in black. However, if you can stretch your budget then I would suggest go for a new Aveo 1.4 Base. The base model is almost fully loaded and comes at around 6L (in Delhi). The new improved version is surely better than the old one. Moreover you get a 3 lakh kms/3 year warranty on the new model. So the overall package is true value for money.
Old 25th August 2007, 22:43   #41
BHPian

I would suggest you to go for Aveo 1.4 LS. it is VFM at given price.

But in case you can stretch your budget then please go for new one, resale value will increase for Aveo atleast in coming days.
Old 26th August 2007, 06:07   #42
BHPian

Gearshift and throttle response are not up to the mark in the old Aveo. Strangely, you get to test drive the old Aveo at some GM dealerships, sure enough to put off potential buyers of this VFM car. If you can afford it, buy the new one. The old one sucks.
Old 26th August 2007, 07:57   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post
i asked the dealer for alloy wheels, which he finally agreed, i want to know whether i should aim for any particular type of alloy or anything will do
Since the dealer is putting the alloy, he must be putting the Chevy one. This one does not look all that great (the one that comes on 1.6 LT). Try to take as much of cash discount as possible from the dealer and get the goodies from outside. The good brands are League, Plati, Lenso, HR, Aura, Neo etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post
3) i can ask him to fit the chrome thing, its really looks good?
It comes as a standard fitment on all new cars. Make sure you are getting the new model

Nirmal
Old 26th August 2007, 10:50   #44

Thanks again Kamy450. I have to keep and drive the car for about 6 months to an year.. and thus i dont want to but a new car as I will lose more money.
I have not many options here in Hyd as OHC or NHC are frightfully expensive.
2005 nov NHC would be for something like 550K
2003 OHC would be like 450K

So instead of going for an NHC in Hyd i thought 1.4 Base or 1.4 LS is better... the only difference being the resale would be further lower when i sell it back.
I am already in a dillemma post the reviews that the old aveo sucks... :-(

How about a fiesta... is that a better deal compared to the old Aveo?
Old 26th August 2007, 12:17   #45

Thanks again Kamy450. I have to keep and drive the car for about 6 months to an year.. and thus i dont want to but a new car as I will lose more money.
I have not many options here in Hyd as OHC or NHC are frightfully expensive.
2005 nov NHC would be for something like 550K
2003 OHC would be like 450K

So instead of going for an NHC in Hyd i thought 1.4 Base or 1.4 LS is better... the only difference being the resale would be further lower when i sell it back.
I am already in a dillemma post the reviews that the old aveo sucks... :-(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks