Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2007, 11:59   #61
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note : This is an Aveo 1.4 review thread. Please do not go off-topic with your purchase discussions.
Old 10th September 2007, 10:25   #62
BHPian

Hi Arup. Congrats on your purchase!! BTW, this GM Promise, it's only meant for the new 'improved' cars or for all GM vehicles?
Old 10th September 2007, 11:21   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Hi Arup. Congrats on your purchase!! BTW, this GM Promise, it's only meant for the new 'improved' cars or for all GM vehicles?
Thanks Rosh, the GM Promise is available for all GM cars sold 10th August 2007 onwards.
Old 17th October 2007, 12:54   #64
aks316

hey hi.. nice car congrats.. your car looks like purple but as far as i know cashmere colour is in the shade of brown.. is it cause of the camera or what.. ???

Old 17th October 2007, 14:16   #65
BHPian

Thanks Aks, the Cashmere colour is quite unique, only available in chevy cars. Its something like metallic - silverish grey. The pictures have not come out great hence it has a slight purplish tinge. Will try and post better pics later
Old 17th October 2007, 17:22   #66
BHPian

Hi Arup, Congrats on your purchase.
I have booked the Blazing Red Aveo 1.4 base.
My dealer(Garuda bangalore) is telling around 2 weeks delivery time, it seems blazing red in big demand.
One question, Is all the new Aveo 1.4 base having speedometer/tachometer sliver cluster? According to Garuda, they got some vehicle with out this sliver cluster. Is this information is true?
Old 17th October 2007, 23:18   #67
aks316

oh ok. its a nice colour and they have discontinued the silver colour don't know why. hows the performance of chevy aveo? is it better than the honda city gxi? will skoda fabia be better in performance?

Old 18th October 2007, 00:18   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Hi Arup, Congrats on your purchase.
I have booked the Blazing Red Aveo 1.4 base.
My dealer(Garuda bangalore) is telling around 2 weeks delivery time, it seems blazing red in big demand.
One question, Is all the new Aveo 1.4 base having speedometer/tachometer sliver cluster? According to Garuda, they got some vehicle with out this sliver cluster. Is this information is true?
The new aveo (post June 2007) will have the sliver cluster along with the improved gear shift. Your dealer is probably trying to sell you a car from the older lot. Insist on a car that has a manufacturing date of June 2007 onwards.
Old 18th October 2007, 00:20   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks316 View Post
oh ok. its a nice colour and they have discontinued the silver colour don't know why. hows the performance of chevy aveo? is it better than the honda city gxi? will skoda fabia be better in performance?
The performance is quite satisfactory. The engine is very smooth and it has surely become more responsive after crossing 1000 kms.

Well performance against the City is comparable. The Aveo 1.4 has better 'Power to Weight Ratio, 85 vs 73 and 'in gear acceleration (20-80 kph)' is also better, 13.43 vs 13.56.
However, the city is 0.31 sec faster in reaching 0-100. So overall , as I said before performance of the Aveo is not bad at all.

Although it may not be a fair comparison, but I am sure its performance will be much better than the 1.2 ltr petrol Fabia.

Last edited by arup10 : 18th October 2007 at 00:31.
Old 18th October 2007, 16:23   #70
aks316

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup10 View Post
The performance is quite satisfactory. The engine is very smooth and it has surely become more responsive after crossing 1000 kms.

Well performance against the City is comparable. The Aveo 1.4 has better 'Power to Weight Ratio, 85 vs 73 and 'in gear acceleration (20-80 kph)' is also better, 13.43 vs 13.56.
However, the city is 0.31 sec faster in reaching 0-100. So overall , as I said before performance of the Aveo is not bad at all.

Although it may not be a fair comparison, but I am sure its performance will be much better than the 1.2 ltr petrol Fabia.
oh ok.. thankz.. see i want to keep the car for more than 4 yrs.. and performance and looks are most important to me.. i have heard about ford fiesta being very good in performance but i dont sumhow trust ford.. aveo has the looks but in performance i have heard its not good.. so will u recommend me aveo.. ? is aveo's performance similiar to opel corsa.. ? i have a corsa and the power delivery is not instant..

Old 18th October 2007, 23:45   #71
BHPian

Well, the Aveo is definitely peppier than the Corsa.
However, I would recommend that you take a test drive and see if you find the performance upto the mark. Try to test drive the new improved model (manufactured June 07 onwards) .

Last edited by arup10 : 18th October 2007 at 23:47.
Old 19th October 2007, 08:32   #72

Hi all,
I joined TEAM_BHP today. I have purchased a Chevrolet Aveo1.6 LT Blazing Red colour this month. I got the model with the new instrument cluster and rear-seat-arm-rest-cum-cup-holder. The gear shift is significantly improved over the previous test-drive model which I drove few months back. I have a question - I got seat covers fitted from the dealer - but they have put the regular covers that have no provision for the rear-arm-rest. So it is sealed now and I cannot use the rear arm rests. The dealer has promised to call me back on this but I want to know if anyone on this forum faced similar problem. Do dealers have the rear-seat-covers with provision for the arm-rests?

I have done only 250 kms so far...Will write a detailed review after i clock some more kms.
Old 19th October 2007, 09:34   #73
BHPian

it is a freebie given to all chevy owners.
Old 19th October 2007, 11:44   #74
BHPian

Does new 1.4 base model has rear-seat-hand-rests?
Old 19th October 2007, 13:48   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks316 View Post
oh ok.. thankz.. see i want to keep the car for more than 4 yrs.. and performance and looks are most important to me.. i have heard about ford fiesta being very good in performance but i dont sumhow trust ford.. aveo has the looks but in performance i have heard its not good.. so will u recommend me aveo.. ? is aveo's performance similiar to opel corsa.. ? i have a corsa and the power delivery is not instant..
I have driven an Aveo (have a Corsa) and I would say that Aveo scores over Corsa in terms of better and higher seating, better (done only recently) gears, and better pickup. Of course, Aveo looks really good. If you are satisfied with Corsa after 40-50K, then consider an Aveo. Corsa were an early GM product (perhaps seconds) and you would expect GM to have improved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks