Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2007, 12:57   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbhatia View Post
Thanks again Kamy450. I have to keep and drive the car for about 6 months to an year.. and thus i dont want to but a new car as I will lose more money.
I have not many options here in Hyd as OHC or NHC are frightfully expensive.
2005 nov NHC would be for something like 550K
2003 OHC would be like 450K

So instead of going for an NHC in Hyd i thought 1.4 Base or 1.4 LS is better... the only difference being the resale would be further lower when i sell it back.
I am already in a dillemma post the reviews that the old aveo sucks... :-(

How about a fiesta... is that a better deal compared to the old Aveo?
Given your situation i would recommend you Aveo 1.4 LS since you will keep it for just a year. Aveo resale should be good in coming months reason is supporting factors getting on strong.

Ford i am always doubtful due to A.S.S and petrol is not that good as compared to Diesal one.

try to negotiate bit on price for Aveo and opt for it.

Old 26th August 2007, 13:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
I am already in a dillemma post the reviews that the old aveo sucks... :-(
The major problem in old Aveo was the notchy gearshift. But many people here reported that it greated improved after first 200kms. Please do a TD of the 1.4LS and check it out.
Quote:
How about a fiesta... is that a better deal compared to the old Aveo?
Fiesta (petrol) and Aveo are rated almost the same. Some auto magazines even rate Fiesta slightly higher than Aveo. Resale is bad for both as of now. Fiesta is a true driver's car. Aveo is more of a "family" car. I would say Aveo is more VFM.

Do a TD of both cars and make a decision.

Nirmal
Old 26th August 2007, 15:35   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post
Given your situation i would recommend you Aveo 1.4 LS since you will keep it for just a year. Aveo resale should be good in coming months reason is supporting factors getting on strong.

Ford i am always doubtful due to A.S.S and petrol is not that good as compared to Diesal one.

try to negotiate bit on price for Aveo and opt for it.

Thanks again dude...
The base car seems to have 3 yrs warranty, but i dont know if there is a difference between the old and the new warranty...
Do you guys have any idea on this?
Old 26th August 2007, 20:02   #49
BHPian

Both Are same if you talking about Stock warranty. but there is service holiday package is also there which is for 3 years. Stock warranty is not for three years i suppose. It will cover your labour, Oils and other parts as reported in fine print, you can refer that on GM site i guess.

New warranty is Called Chevy promise in which they claim that if amount spent on your Chevy is exceeding to there promised amount they will refund it.

Ofkors accidents kind of stuff excluded but that is a very bold step showing confidence about there products. Hats Off to GM

Last edited by kamy450 : 26th August 2007 at 20:04.
Old 27th August 2007, 01:15   #50

Quote:
Both Are same if you talking about Stock warranty. but there is service holiday package is also there which is for 3 years. Stock warranty is not for three years i suppose. It will cover your labour, Oils and other parts as reported in fine print, you can refer that on GM site i guess.

New warranty is Called Chevy promise in which they claim that if amount spent on your Chevy is exceeding to there promised amount they will refund it.

Ofkors accidents kind of stuff excluded but that is a very bold step showing confidence about there products. Hats Off to GM
Thanks a lot all of you... you have been more than helpful.
But I need assurance that im not doing anything stupid...:-) and thus so many questions...

Ok... here is something stupid...

The 1.4 base Im buying is from GM showroom in Hyd which was exchanged by the owner for a tavera... coz the car got a little banged up.. the showroom repaired it and seems ok... not the best paintjob on the hood... and below average from the showroom quality perspective.

Now 470K is that a good price for a 5 month old base 1.4 car???
If not... i would rather lose the 5 grand i have given as token, than lose more by going ahead with a poor deal. I know i got impulsive and stuff and ended up paying 5 grand for the token...

Lesson learnt... never pay advance the same moment... think for some time and return for it if u must.

anyways... so what do I do now??

someone please take the decision on my behalf... :-)
Old 28th August 2007, 09:56   #51
Team-BHP Support

vbhatia, since the car has an accident history, there should be some reason why the owner didnt want it. You also mentioned that the job they did wasnt exactly upto the mark. IMO, you should rather go for a new car, if possible.
Old 28th August 2007, 13:27   #52
BHPian

Well i would recommend you to forget about 5k instead of having a lemon in your hand, That should not be a good decision if you go with it at given price. Pl do not go for it. Instead of this i suggest you to go for logan brand new. it will be in your budget. You may try other cars for same price bracket.

Last edited by kamy450 : 28th August 2007 at 13:29.
Old 28th August 2007, 18:02   #53

Logano... NO Logano... :-) need a car for 6 months.

Quote:
Well i would recommend you to forget about 5k instead of having a lemon in your hand, That should not be a good decision if you go with it at given price. Pl do not go for it. Instead of this i suggest you to go for logan brand new. it will be in your budget. You may try other cars for same price bracket.

Thanks for putting the things in the right prespective...

I would have to bite the bullet for 5K. :-( but you are right... its better than having a lemon.

Anyways on LOGAN front... i really wont drive a logan even if it were being given to me for free...

I am here in Hyd for 6 months more.. and i wanted to buy something that I can sell in 6 months without burning a lot of money.. can you help me with some suggestions please???

No small car suggestion please...

Thanks VB
Old 28th August 2007, 19:00   #54
BHPian

Oh in that case you have couple of choices. Fiesta, Aveo and Accent.

Esteem and baleno also you may consider it all depends which car you like and you get good condition car at right price. Its all about choice and option now.
Old 28th August 2007, 19:16   #55
BHPian

Not sure of A.S.S in hyderabad but forgot to give you an advice about ford cars they dont have Good A.S.S before hunting for the car keep that factor in mind please.
Old 28th August 2007, 20:37   #56
Senior - BHPian

A.S.S by Mody Ford in Hyd is good, and so is my experience of buying a new Fiesta 1.6 from them.
Old 28th August 2007, 21:01   #57
BHPian

oh then it is Help for you Vbhatia, you may opt for fiesta too.
Old 28th August 2007, 23:14   #58
BHPian

I would highly recommend an used Baleno.
You'll get a great package of Power, FE and A.S.S. at a decent price.

Last edited by arup10 : 28th August 2007 at 23:15.
Old 29th August 2007, 00:37   #59

Need a car for 6 months in Hyderabad... budget 400K

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup10 View Post
I would highly recommend an used Baleno.
You'll get a great package of Power, FE and A.S.S. at a decent price.

Thanks Arup...

I have been looking out for a decent OHC as well... for 2003/04 range so that i can take care of one of my fetishs... unfortunately in Hyd OHCs are overtly overpriced and almost impossible to get a good deal at the onset.

Fiesta and other cars would be more expensive that what i would want to spend on the, right now as my ulterior objective is to pick up a civic when im back in delhi... (road tax is a lot here)

baleno is something i can look at... what should a 2004 / 05 baleno cost approximately?
Old 29th August 2007, 01:31   #60
BHPian

Quote:
baleno is something i can look at... what should a 2004 / 05 baleno cost approximately?
It should be something between 4.20-4.75 depending on condition, kms run, model etc..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks