Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2012, 09:08   #2311
BHPian

Re: Amaron GO 65 for VDi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I checked the amaron website, battery suggested for swift D was amaron flo, I checked with the dealer here. He suggested GO DIN 65 IIRC,with 18+ 18 for Rs 5300.
I have asked him about the FLO model suggested by the amaron website, he says he will check and get back to me.

If this doesn't work out, I will go for the Bosch Din 74, @ 8.8 k.
The dealer(Karuna Electricals) i spoke to says, Amaron Go 65 is made for Swift VDi and quotes a price of 6.7K with a discount of 600 bucks for providing the old battery. This particular dealer was referred by the mobile service guy of Mandovi.

Are there any other dealers in south of bangalore for amaron?

Please advice.
Old 2nd May 2012, 09:13   #2312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru

The dealer(Karuna Electricals) i spoke to says, Amaron Go 65 is made for Swift VDi and quotes a price of 6.7K with a discount of 600 bucks for providing the old battery. This particular dealer was referred by the mobile service guy of Mandovi.

Are there any other dealers in south of bangalore for amaron?

Please advice.
I am in pune bro.
Just don't go by the MRP, you can get discount upto 20 % on the MRP, that's the case in pune.

Ask him to show the price list, deduct 20 % from that price, don't settle for any thing less than 10%.

Last edited by F150 : 2nd May 2012 at 09:16.
Old 2nd May 2012, 10:07   #2313
Team-BHP Support

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 55k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
He adjusted something (place near the gear stick under the leather covering) and told me not to use half clutch and things should be fine. Drive to Office was fine without issues. Have to check if the issue reoccurs in th evening drive back home.

I feel the clutch is nearing End Of Life. But clutch play is fine and is not hard. Any thoughts on this please?
Might be an issue with the gear lever cables, which the mech has adjusted. Keep an eye out for clutch slip, thats all you can do for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
If there is water in the fuel really, would it stay on even after turning on the engine ?
Yes the water in fuel light will stay on after cranking also, if its actually water detection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
-There is a low frequency resonating sound, at idling, particularly when ac is running, it is not viberation, but a thrummm sound, it was not there in the older swift, anyone else observed this? or it is with my vehicle only. This sound is somewhat similar to Punto's engine boom sound, or may be it is a Fiat manufactured engine in my car.

-Can we use mineral oil, instead of synthetic oil, will it do any harm to the engine?
Is it the AC grill fan, blower or the compressor sound?

I use Mobil Delvac MX which is a mineral oil, never have put synthetic nor the dealers offered me

60,000 kms service update at Mandovi.

So i went with a long list:

1. 60,000 kms service (NO engine oil replacement). Diesel and Air filter replacement. - Buggers have increased labor rates of 20, 40 and 60k!

2. No wheel alignment and balancing. Which i got it done later from Madhu's. SAI reading is off, am not that happy with Madhu's, they were just too busy and happily clicking away without taking a proper look at readings. I will share feedback in the relevant thread.

3. Decarb and injector cleaning. - Just wanted to try out, doesnt make any difference is the verdict.

4. Replace all fluids except engine oil. (GB oil, coolant, brake fluid). - Done.

5. Check/replace alternator belt and all rubber hoses. - They have not done anything, am not happy.

6. Braking very bad beyond 100 kmph. Complete overhaul of brakes. Pad not replaced till date. Replace pad/disc, check rear drum and pads also for wear. Caliper noise check/replace pin if required/silicone grease?

- This was a big change, with new pads and disc the braking is super, atleast for me who was driving around virtually without brakes. Pretty cheap parts also.

7. Clean intercooler. - Done i hope.

8. Clean/Pressure wash- AC radiator grill while removing front bumper. - Hope its done, no way to check.

9. Check front struts, overhaul if required. - Seems to have been tightened, thats all.

10. Check all suspension bushes etc. - No idea.

11. Check for all body rattles. Front driver door pad esp. - This seems to have been done well.

12. Re-fix rear bumper. - Not done, or they say its not possible. Maybe i will ask Sai Colorium to fix it while painting, minor damage thanks to driver while moving the car at home.

13. Paint with rust proof paint the wiper assembly area. - Shoddy job but done.

14. Replace bonnet insulation. - They didn't have part and i had to get it done at Suraksha. Rats had chewed it, 260 bucks or something is the part.

15. Check for missing plastic clips/replace. (Mud flaps, wiper trim etc). - Done.

16. No stickers. - Buggers put headlight bindi which i removed promptly.

After this i supervised an engine flush and oil change at Suraksha, had carried oil plus, 3M flush and oil additive.

Overall Mandovi experience was just about ok. They gave me a decent bill of 12k for this one. My largest service bill with Swift D till date.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 15:51   #2314
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 55k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Overall Mandovi experience was just about ok. They gave me a decent bill of 12k for this one. My largest service bill with Swift D till date.
Hi Jaggu.
Your thread is a one stop shop for all DDIS /Swift users , and it has all the info that one might need to maintain a car, and i would like say a big THANKS to you and everyone who has contributed to this thread .

Also i wanted to know one more thing, before you take your car for service or any kind of check, how do you make a list of things that you plan to get checked or fixed .
I mean to say , how do you know, ok these are the things i need to get checked this time when i go for service .

Or you just ask them to take care of the stuff that's mentioned in the service booklet .

Cheers
Old 2nd May 2012, 16:28   #2315
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Also i wanted to know one more thing, before you take your car for service or any kind of check, how do you make a list of things that you plan to get checked or fixed .
I mean to say , how do you know, ok these are the things i need to get checked this time when i go for service .

Or you just ask them to take care of the stuff that's mentioned in the service booklet .

Cheers
Well this is a tough one to answer I will try by penning my SOP.

What i do is first check on regular maintenance jobs that are needed like oil change, filter etc. These are available in the service part of the owners manual. If somethings are not needed, i mark that also. egs: If oil change was already done recently, delete it from the list. Typically mentioning 20k kms service is good enough for all practical purpose.

Second would be to keep a tab of things that require additional attention, egs fix a particular rattle, Suspension sound, weak brakes etc

Finally some good to have stuff, like interior cleaning etc.

Take note of things to be done over a day or a week (basically as and when you remember) and you will have a long list. Even spend couple of minutes walking around the car, fiddle with it so that it reminds you. At the end of the day if you have a good SA who also likes to look into details, it will be easy to get it done.

Soon it will become natural, after owning cars for 20+ years these things kind of come natural to some of us. But nothing that difficult to master, with practice and patience.

Last but not least, believe in Murphy, things go wrong inspite of our best efforts. All we can do is be patient and persistent.

Hope this helps.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 09:28   #2316
BHPian

Re: Oil Indicator on Fuel Gauge?

I replaced the conked battery on our VDi with Amaron GO 65DIN. After this, the oil indicator on the fuel gauge has come up (It is besides the 'H' sign).

What is this about? Please advice.
Old 5th May 2012, 09:49   #2317
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 60k kms Update Page

Which one? Any of these two? or the one with the car and wrench symbol?

EDIT
Do you mean the low engine oil indicator?
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-water_trap_light_72.jpg  

Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-eng_man_light_72.jpg  

Last edited by archat68 : 5th May 2012 at 09:50.
Old 5th May 2012, 10:01   #2318
BHPian

Re: Oil Indicator on Fuel Gauge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Which one? Any of these two? or the one with the car and wrench symbol?

EDIT
Do you mean the low engine oil indicator?
It is like some old fashioned oil can and it is of yellow color. It is on LHS of the 'H' sign in the fuel gauge. I don't know if it is about the low engine oil.
Old 5th May 2012, 15:10   #2319
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 60k kms Update Page

I believe that the oil-can symbol relates to oil pressure. The true test of oil level is the dipstick. Of course, for oil pressure to be there, there must be oil, so the dipstick is the first thing to check.

However, level is not the only thing that can cause oil pressure failure, which is critical for the the engine.

There can be other explanations too. I am no great mechanic, but years back I had this experience. A car belonging to a lady friend had the oil lamp permanently going on and off, another friend of hers kept topping up the oil, which had no effect on the light. The dipstick was showing the engine very much over full with oil. I looked under the bonnet, and found ...the wire to the pressure monitor disconnected and swinging against the engine block!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 5th May 2012 at 15:14.
Old 6th May 2012, 03:23   #2320
BHPian

Hello,

I got my 2008 Swift VDi headlamps replaced with Philips Extreme Vision today. However, the light throw seems to be different for the two. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the focusing of a Swift's headlamp.

Thanks
Ranendra
Old 6th May 2012, 04:36   #2321
Distinguished - BHPian

It should be done professionally, using special equipment. I don't know how often it is done properly in India: not very often to judge by the dazzling mess of light on the roads.

I was surprised to see the equipment when I went to a local tyre place to get a puncture fixed. Not much point in giving you the address, as you are the other end of the country.

Maybe Maruti service stations do it? Please try and get it done properly for the sake of other road users
Old 7th May 2012, 10:48   #2322
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
It is like some old fashioned oil can and it is of yellow color. It is on LHS of the 'H' sign in the fuel gauge. I don't know if it is about the low engine oil.

Can you post the picture of the light?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranendra View Post
Hello,

I got my 2008 Swift VDi headlamps replaced with Philips Extreme Vision today. However, the light throw seems to be different for the two. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the focusing of a Swift's headlamp.

Thanks
Ranendra
There are adjusters on the back side of the assembly, engine bay side, these can be adjusted. This is a painful process, so ideally do it at the workshop.
Old 7th May 2012, 11:28   #2323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Can you post the picture of the light?
Here we go. I changed the batteries on 03/05 and since then am getting this light. Please advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 72k kms Update Page 182. Now SOLD!-img_3926.jpg  

Old 7th May 2012, 12:00   #2324
Senior - BHPian

Is it not the water in fuel indicator ?
You need to get it cleared from MASS.
I guess,you should be fine after that.
Does it stay on, even after the car is started ?
Old 7th May 2012, 13:09   #2325
Distinguished - BHPian

That is the water-in-fuel-filter indicator.

On a Swift, it seems to mean change the battery!
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks