Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2012, 20:18   #2371
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 60k kms Update Page

50k service update:
Issues reported - Tak Tak sound from steering column while making full turns, very harsh ride quality, rattling sounds from almost everywhere :(

Work done and paid for:
Regular service, Brake/Intercooler cleaning, Engine oil and oil filter change, replaced Strut mount bushes,caliper pin greasing

Total charge: 4500/-

Work done under extended warranty:
Replaced front Left strut assembly and steering column
Total charge: 0/-
Old 19th July 2012, 13:41   #2372

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience! Part II 60k kms Update Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Maruti doesn't recommend any brand of engine oil they just recommend the CF rating and you are right they recommend CG4 or higher rating for Swift D.

The synthetic oil that meets /exceed this rating is Mobile Delvac 1. Mobile 1 is a petrol engine oil and not for Diesel engine.
I think Mobil 1 is suitable for Diesel Engines which requires CF Standard but not for engines requires higher than CF standard.(CG4 and higher)
Old 23rd July 2012, 14:24   #2373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalcute View Post
I think Mobil 1 is suitable for Diesel Engines which requires CF Standard but not for engines requires higher than CF standard.(CG4 and higher)
yes one can use Mobile 1 for diesel engines with CF rating but it is a synthetic oil for petrol engines hence not ideal. Movile delvac 1 is the right engine oil for Diesel engines.
Old 26th July 2012, 11:40   #2374
BHPian

Recently got my Swift D oil changed to Magnatech at Pit Stop. During the change the mech noticed that the front right shocks oil is leaking. He suggested to get it changed.

My Swift is under extended warranty, will the part be covered in warranty? Else, any idea on the total cost of replacing shocks?
Old 26th July 2012, 11:50   #2375
Team-BHP Support

If the mileage is below 60k kms, it will be covered under extended warranty.
Old 26th July 2012, 17:08   #2376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
If the mileage is below 60k kms, it will be covered under extended warranty.
All maruti cars including Swift come with two options of extended warranty. a 1 year extended and 2 year extended warranty. a 1 year extended warranty has cover for 3 years from date of purchase or 60K Kms whichever happens earlier and a 2 year extended warranty has cover for 4 years from Date Of Purchase or 80 K kms whichever is earlier.
Old 26th July 2012, 17:33   #2377
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
All maruti cars including Swift come with two options of extended warranty. a 1 year extended and 2 year extended warranty. a 1 year extended warranty has cover for 3 years from date of purchase or 60K Kms whichever happens earlier and a 2 year extended warranty has cover for 4 years from Date Of Purchase or 80 K kms whichever is earlier.

Nopes, in either case suspension and related parts are covered only for 60k kms.
Old 27th July 2012, 15:23   #2378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Nopes, in either case suspension and related parts are covered only for 60k kms.
Ok. I didnt know the 60k mileage part, Thanks for the information. I have 1+2 year warranty. The strut was changed within no time. The SA said that the part can still run for a while but since it was in stock and the traffic was low in the service station, we got it changed. Part cost Rs. 2024, got a Zero bill. Labour was not added in the bill.

However, the new strut had the part number sticker which had petrol on it. I tried to check the diameter of the old and the new, was not able to check ti clearly. When the raised the point to the SA, he confirmed with someone that the strut is the same for petrol and diesel vehicles.

Logically, since the engine weight is more in the diesel car, shouldnt a part like strut be of higher caliber?

Last edited by mac187 : 27th July 2012 at 15:25.
Old 27th July 2012, 16:02   #2379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Logically, since the engine weight is more in the diesel car, shouldnt a part like strut be of higher caliber?
Front Strut is the same for petrol & diesel Swifts, But the front coil spring is different.
The rear shock absorbers & coil springs are the same for petrol & diesel
GSMINC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 13:19   #2380

Quote:
yes one can use Mobile 1 for diesel engines with CF rating but it is a synthetic oil for petrol engines hence not ideal. Movile delvac 1 is the right engine oil for Diesel engines.
Can somebody please inform me about the availability of Mobil Delvac? Thanks!
Old 30th July 2012, 15:45   #2381
Team-BHP Support

Its available in BLR, i picked up a 5 lit can for the last service about 2 months back i guess. Prices have increased a lil bit, but true for all oils.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 19:47   #2382
BANNED

Turbo sound?

Hi All,
I have a query on the turbo of my 2008 swift vdi.for the last 20-15k kms i notice a sound while turbo kicks in,i have earlier rolled down the windows and driven and it is usally a air sucking like sound which usually comes,but now it is kind of metal scratching sound.is it normal,i have drive close to 20k (may be less) with this sound and i had asked the SA about a year back he said it is normal ,but i dont feel so.

please suggest
Old 12th August 2012, 19:57   #2383

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 14th August 2012 at 15:39.
opalcute is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th August 2012, 21:55   #2384
Team-BHP Support

Re: Turbo sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
it is usally a air sucking like sound which usually comes,but now it is kind of metal scratching sound.is it normal,
It can be a slight whistle kind of sound which is normal, metal scratching sound definitely get a second opinion. See if one of the pulley is making this noise.
Old 14th August 2012, 22:29   #2385
BANNED

Re: Turbo sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
It can be a slight whistle kind of sound which is normal, metal scratching sound definitely get a second opinion. See if one of the pulley is making this noise.
Ya jaggu even i have that doubt that it would be the pulley's bearings.

i was not much bothered till i went on a long drive 550kms last saturday,but yes on the highways the noise is very much evident

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks