Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 11:52   #2161
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 55k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Yes. I stick to Indus as it is near to my office & home. How is the free wax polishing offered by Popular? Do you know anyone who have done it?
Oh ok. No idea about the results. Just met these guys when I went to fill the tank yesterday. They were promoting like anything, forcing me to have my car checked for free. Planning to give there for the 30k service. Will update on that.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 13:24   #2162
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 55k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Dedicated thread available, i have had good experience with Sai Colorium JP Nagar, heard they have opened at Whitfield side also.

They moved from SGP to MGP sometime back for brakepads and hence half the price.
Sorry, can you point me to the link on the thread for dent removal?

Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 15:36   #2163
BHPian

114680 Kms and SVS light On

Guys, the svs light came on today, checked the error code and it pointed out to Glowplug. Taking the car for service next week will keep you posted
Old 25th November 2011, 15:39   #2164
BANNED

Re: 114680 Kms and SVS light On

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Guys, the svs light came on today, checked the error code and it pointed out to Glowplug. Taking the car for service next week will keep you posted
How do we check the error code and what the error code means??
Old 25th November 2011, 15:50   #2165
BHPian

Ah!! at the service station :-) my friend owns a MAS station, so that's where I checked the error code on the scanner.
Old 26th November 2011, 15:34   #2166
BBT
BHPian

I was at a spanking new Sai service station in hinjewadi Pune and saw an interesting addition to the equipment. There was a set of 8 pipes hanging feom the ceiling with a control pod on a side wall... It seems that the mechanic keys in the vehicle model in the pod and uses the pipe which automatically determines the correct type and quantity of oil that should be filled in ( for the Swift diesel, it chose 3.1 l of 15W40 from Shell) and activates the pipe accordingly. Is anyone else aware of such a device in other service stations? On another note, normal 50k service quoted at Rs. 5500 (the only extra is replacement of the disc brake pads for 1500). Is it just me or is the servicing of the Swift DDiS getting more expensive by the day? :-(
Old 26th November 2011, 15:40   #2167
BBT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy
In that case, expect approx the same amount plus a thousand rupees for EGR.
My EGR cleaning was Rs. 2700 labour (plus 300 in service tax) and Rs. 27 for 3 EGR gaskets. Is Pune labour all that expensive or is Sai Service taking people for a ride. I'll take it up with Maruti if anyone can help in getting a copy of a bill from another service station which states Rs. 1000 for EGR cleaning labour charges.
Old 26th November 2011, 16:04   #2168
Team-BHP Support

Let me see if I can locate my bill. I think I paid 1000 bucks plus 100 for the EGR gaskets
Old 26th November 2011, 18:24   #2169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBT View Post
On another note, normal 50k service quoted at Rs. 5500 (the only extra is replacement of the disc brake pads for 1500). Is it just me or is the servicing of the Swift DDiS getting more expensive by the day? :-(
5500/- looks expensive to me for a normal 50K service. I would expect a 3500/- bill for that. I believe Swift ownership is definitely getting quite expensive. Looks like they are milking the best product to make maximum revenue.

Quote:
My EGR cleaning was Rs. 2700 labour (plus 300 in service tax) and Rs. 27 for 3 EGR gaskets. Is Pune labour all that expensive or is Sai Service taking people for a ride.
I am happy with my service station who charges me 800/- for EGR valve cleaning as labour charges!!
Old 26th November 2011, 23:04   #2170
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Sorry, can you point me to the link on the thread for dent removal?

Thanks
I dont have any posts there, but search for Sai Colorium in TBHP you will find the thread.
Old 26th November 2011, 23:51   #2171
vdi
BHPian

Quote:
My EGR cleaning was Rs. 2700 labour (plus 300 in service tax) and Rs. 27 for 3 EGR gaskets. Is Pune labour all that expensive or is Sai Service taking people for a ride. I'll take it up with Maruti if anyone can help in getting a copy of a bill from another service station which states Rs. 1000 for EGR cleaning labour charges.
I have checked on the EGR cleaning at Indus Kakkanad and the SA quoted me 2300 + taxes. Having gone thru some of the earlier posts on this, even am confused now. But am skeptical in trying a new place as am very much happy about Indus Kakkanad.
Old 28th November 2011, 22:10   #2172
BHPian

Dear All,

I too own a Swift VDI ABS which has done about 59000 kms and is out of warranty. I sourced engine oil, gear oil from the market and all the filters and coolant and brake pads from MGP shop as I do not intend to visit the MASS in future for routine jobs.

Yesterday while getting all the oils and filters changed from my trusted mechanic (he works in a MASS) I put in Castrol Magnatac (10W40) whereas later on I found out from the manual that it should be 15W40. At the time of purchase I had enquired from the vendor and he insisted that it is a very good oil and is fit for diesel engine. Now I am in a dilemma as to if the correct oil has been put. May I request you all guys to let me know if correct oil has been put. I paid Rs. 1050/- for 3 ltr can. Incidentally the website of Castrol says that it can be used in all types of high performance luxury cars (diesel and petrol). The total cost of 60,000/- km service came to Rs. 6900/- (including washing, two tyres balancing and wheel alignment), the brake oil was not replaced. Pls guide should I change the oil to 15W40 or continue to run.
Old 28th November 2011, 23:51   #2173
BHPian

which battery??????

3 years and 40k kms completed, and the warning lamps have come up...time to change the batteries......

which battery should i go for??? cos i m using HID s and some high end ICE set up, i need some powerful battery. can anyone suggest one from the Amaron family??? or is there any other choices???
Old 29th November 2011, 03:37   #2174
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: which battery??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by manver786 View Post
I paid Rs. 1050/- for 3 ltr can.
Is it synthetic oil? Usually for mineral oil, the charge should be around 700/- for a 3.1L fill. And you mentioned a 3 ltr can - what about another 100 ml ? We are not supposed to leave it at 3 ltr right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe angelo View Post
...time to change the batteries......which battery should i go for???
I had read some time back about some yellow top & red top battery types. Guess those are from Amaron and I had read the owners were a happy lot. Swift D requires a 64DIN type?
Old 29th November 2011, 08:43   #2175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manver786 View Post
) I put in Castrol Magnatac (10W40) whereas later on I found out from the manual that it should be 15W40. At the time of purchase I had enquired from the vendor and he insisted that it is a very good oil and is fit for diesel engine. Now I am in a dilemma as to if the correct oil has been put. May I request you all guys to let me know if correct oil has been put.
This 10w40 is OK as it retains its fluid properties at lower temp (10) as compared to (15) . Engine oil grade depends on the environmental temperatures that the vehicle is exposed to. So for Delhi with winter round the corner 10w40 is fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks