Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2011, 23:47   #2131
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 55k kms Update Page 1

Jaggu & Other Swift D Gurus, please check the bill break up of my 60K service [in the link below] and let me know you comments on the charges. I see quite a spike in the charges and want to take the issue with the company. So I would like to get the approximate charges you have paid for similar jobs.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2576114

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
35k service Update:

Paid Service
Brake Overhaul
Intercooler cleaning
Air filter replacement

Total: 2150/-
Which A$$ did you get your work done & could you post the break up for the jobs?
Old 14th November 2011, 09:51   #2132
Team-BHP Support

Re: Swift Diesel, Saga continues. The DIESEL experience!Part II 55k kms Update Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Engine oil - Change
Engine oil filter - Replace
Fuel Filter - Replace [ Last replaced at 9100 kms, endured a prolonged rainy season in PUNE] Is this required ?
Check suspension noise from front, it creeks over speed huge breakers similar to a old cot/bed.
Will get the wheel alignment done from outside.
Diesel filter if you are not getting the water in diesel light wait for 20k kms.

Suspension try doing a strut overhaul, sometimes a thorough underbody wash especially the strut well will set it fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Jaggu & Other Swift D Gurus, please check the bill break up of my 60K service [in the link below] and let me know you comments on the charges. I see quite a spike in the charges and want to take the issue with the company. So I would like to get the approximate charges you have paid for similar jobs.
Will reply in your thread but
Old 15th November 2011, 10:26   #2133
BHPian

Quote:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2576114

Which A$$ did you get your work done & could you post the break up for the jobs?
I take it to Indus for regular service. I lost the bill for 35k service. However, I can list down the approx. charges:
Paid service: 725/-
Brake o/h - 400/-
Intercooler cleaning - 300/-
Air filter - 300/-

There were some other minor charges and VAT. Charges for Intercooler cleaning and Airfilter may be slighly different.
Horrified by your 60k update
DieselLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 14:41   #2134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I take it to Indus for regular service.

Brake o/h - 400/-
Intercooler cleaning - 300/-

There were some other minor charges and VAT. Charges for Intercooler cleaning and Airfilter may be slighly different.
I had a talk with one of the Indus service head yesterday. As per him,

Brake O/H = 500/- [AVG = 700/-]
Inter-cooler cleaning = 1000/- [AVG = 750/-]

We bash Hyundai for rising labour costs! Now what about Maruti??

Doesn't Maruti follow a global rate across dealerships for labour? Is there a point in taking this issue to the customer care?
Old 15th November 2011, 19:46   #2135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

We bash Hyundai for rising labour costs! Now what about Maruti??

Doesn't Maruti follow a global rate across dealerships for labour? Is there a point in taking this issue to the customer care?
Did they increase the rates recently?
I am sure I did not pay 1000/- for intercooler cleaning and 500/- for brake o/h. My service charge would have been much higher if I did.
Old 15th November 2011, 21:50   #2136
BANNED

Did 60000km service last weel. The total charges 11520/-. They changed to Mobil 1 0W-30 without my consent..(3K..). Maintaining swift seems a costly affair.
I feel the engine has become slightly rough. They apologised and agreed to do free oil change next time..
Cheers
Dilip Kumar
Old 15th November 2011, 23:34   #2137
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
They changed to Mobil 1 0W-30 without my consent..(3K..).
Thats the latest scam by many MASS outlets. The one I serviced on, FORCED me to put Castrol Edge in my 11 year old wagonR again 3k.
Old 16th November 2011, 00:46   #2138
Distinguished - BHPian

I remember now, the SA was hell bend on using some engine flush before the oil change. I said no need for it and he was not convinced. He was mumbling that it's a normal procedure. As far as I know, engine flush is done when a brand of oil is changed or when changing from mineral to semi-synthetic, synthetic etc?

Quote:
Did they increase the rates recently?
No idea since I service my car in AVG motors. The previous car we had was never serviced properly in Indus - so I am not so keen. I am satisfied with AVG though.

Quote:
Did 60000km service last weel. The total charges 11520/-. They changed to Mobil 1 0W-30 without my consent..(3K..). Maintaining swift seems a costly affair.
I feel the engine has become slightly rough. They apologised and agreed to do free oil change next time..
Do you have the total break up? I guess even after discounting the amount for the engine oil, it still comes upto 8K which is quite high for a 60K service. And if they have changed the engine oil to synthetic [assuming since the charges are in 3K range], then you ought to be using Synthetic for future. A downgrade from synthetic to mineral oil is not recommended as far as I know. Also have you got the free oil change thing in a written format?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 16th November 2011 at 00:47.
Old 16th November 2011, 01:22   #2139
Distinguished - BHPian

My understanding: Engine flush is a normal and required procedure. Last time I took my Swift in, I interrogated the guy to make sure that they would do it! Otherwise, you are pouring clean, new oil into an engine with dirty, old residues
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 09:14   #2140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
My understanding: Engine flush is a normal and required procedure. Last time I took my Swift in, I interrogated the guy to make sure that they would do it! Otherwise, you are pouring clean, new oil into an engine with dirty, old residues
Engine flush is generally NOT required if you are following prescribed oil change intervals, source Car Bibles : The Engine Oil Bible and it is not mentioned in the user manual.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 16:08   #2141
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting, goandude. Perhaps I'm out of date on this one. Thanks for the link.
Old 18th November 2011, 10:15   #2142
Team-BHP Support

There is no harm in doing engine flush every 20k kms even if you replace the oil regularly. It will help you remove some of the more stubborn gunk that does not move out with regular oil change.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 12:16   #2143
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

on topic of engine flush - which is the best engine flush in the market with max sludge removal and minimum impact on the engine parts?

thanks,
DF
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:06   #2144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There is a rise in rates in AVG. I have been their customer in for quite some years now. The brake overhauling charges used to be 250/- per end (front/back) - now it is 350 per end. Similarly paid service used to be 650/- but now it is 750/-. I cannot say I am surprised given the inflation and the way it affects business. As far as I am concerned if they maintain the car properly and do not BS a reasonable premium is fine.

Things have been decent so far - however when you regular SA changes or shifts location it takes time to train the new guy as I am doing now!!

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 22nd November 2011, 14:59   #2145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cheers
Dilip Kumar
Whoa 10w30that too in hot running condition,isn't the recommended grade 15w40 for turbo diesels?No wonder your engine feels sluggish.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 22nd November 2011 at 15:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks