Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2008, 14:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

I am using Normal. I once tried using the Premium or Power fuel. I found NO DIFFERENCE in Mileage at all. And the Misubishi / HM recommends just to use Normal fuel.
Old 16th June 2008, 17:59   #32
VMG
BHPian

I am also using normal (BP) and I am getting around 8km in city and around 11in highway even after second (6 months) service. Self driving always with AC on.
I am not really not OK with my FE.
Old 20th June 2008, 11:08   #33
BHPian

Count me in on that. Gte about 8.5 in city with a/c. Dont know why but thats that. I guess the low milage I do everyday maybe the problem. My office is about 4 kms away and thats all i do most days. Using normal petrol and First servcie done. Southern Motors Sucks big time
Old 20th June 2008, 11:44   #34
BHPian

I always used to get 9.5 - 10 km/lt in city.
but after the 10K servicing it surprisingly dropped to 8.5 - 9.
Went to J Williams in Pune today.
They checked the car and said nothing wrong with the car.
I just wonder what could be the reason !!
Old 20th June 2008, 12:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Count me in on that. Gte about 8.5 in city with a/c. Dont know why but thats that. I guess the low milage I do everyday maybe the problem. My office is about 4 kms away and thats all i do most days. Using normal petrol and First servcie done. Southern Motors Sucks big time
That's exactly my experince too. low mileage everyday. My office too is just around 5 kms from home and traffic makes me drive just in 2nd or 3rd gears all the time... I think this is normal, especially for 2 liter engine...
Old 20th June 2008, 13:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
That's exactly my experince too. low mileage everyday. My office too is just around 5 kms from home and traffic makes me drive just in 2nd or 3rd gears all the time... I think this is normal, especially for 2 liter engine...
Yes for a 2 Ltr engine, it is very normal. But i think you guys need to find out why it drops after 2 nd service, theoreticaly, it shouldn't, right?
This was exactly the only factor which made me turn away from cedia.
An FE averaging 11 would have been ideal.

But i guess the rest of it (handling, comfort, smooth gearshift, rally build) make it up for the low FE. The car is lot of fun to drive, has got character.
Old 20th June 2008, 14:59   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You might get better FE if your daily commute was a bit longer. It takes around 5 kms of driving to warm up the engine. My WagonR used to give 13 kms per litre (with AC), when my office was 6 kms away, but the figure dropped to 12 when I shifted 3 kms closer to the office. See what I mean?
Old 20th June 2008, 16:04   #38
Senior - BHPian

You are right vnabhi,
I was driving 17 kms per day earlier when I used to come from my own house from a suburb, and I used to constantly get >10 kmpl. with mixed driving condition.
Hence, no complaints from me on its FE...
Old 23rd June 2008, 16:47   #39

Are all the FE figures in LPG mode? If so it still works out to be about Rs.5 per km (Rs36 per litre & 8 kmpl) which is very frugal fuel cost for a 2 litre car.
Old 26th June 2008, 11:47   #40
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keatann View Post
Are all the FE figures in LPG mode? If so it still works out to be about Rs.5 per km (Rs36 per litre & 8 kmpl) which is very frugal fuel cost for a 2 litre car.
No, I think the all FE figures are in Petrol. LPG FE figures would be lower i guess. Did you have a look at the LPG vehicle? I personally felt the sacrifice in boot space was too steep for my requirement.
Otherwise, it is a fantastic value for money vehicle and I would have taken it. Amazingly, very few people are even aware that a vehicle called cedia exists, much less the ALPG option. I find it unbelievable that HM/Mitsubishi are so laidback in marketing this product.
Old 26th June 2008, 12:05   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
southern motors suck big big big time!
I get about 9 in the city and 13 on the highway, when driven sanely...not going above 2500 rpm.
Old 10th July 2008, 16:16   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris905 View Post
Yes for a 2 Ltr engine, it is very normal. But i think you guys need to find out why it drops after 2 nd service, theoreticaly, it shouldn't, right? ......
I just figured out why !!!!
Till the second servicing I was always watching the RPM meter and rarely crossed 2500 rpm considering it's the run-in period. I always got around 10km/lit in city conditions

After the second (oil change) servicing, I started ignoring the RPM meter while changing gears.
The driving speeds were not increased much, but the gears were changed at higher rpms. I used to hold it in 3rd gear for longer time (than needed).
with this I started getting 8.5 - 9 km/lit in same driving conditions.

Since I realized this, I again started watching the rpms and started 'early shifting' of gears.
Now with this change in driving style, for last tank full, I again got 10km/lit cheers:.
And there no compromise on overall speed or time taken to cover the same distance!
Old 10th July 2008, 18:31   #43
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Jyodi, its always better to watch the RPM meter, sometimes if you are doing long straight-runs without much disturbances, you tend to forget changing gears and unless you brake, you wouldn't realize it.
I had done once in Kuwait on 4th Gear at 120 kmph speed for about 50 kms on an express highway Even I thought something wrong with my car and I must go to the garage. I realized I was on 4th gear only when I had to take the exit for the refinery... (In fact the Engine temp shot up noticably as well..!!)
Old 11th July 2008, 10:14   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Jyodi, ....... sometimes if you are doing long straight-runs without much disturbances, you tend to forget changing gears and unless you brake, you wouldn't realize it.
I agree with you Raja,
The engine's so smooth that you don't realize that you're in a lower gear.
But we need to keep watching the rpm.
Old 17th July 2008, 09:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

Cedia Spirit - 5000 KM Report

Well, I was not going to write any report on the 5000 kms, as it would be in no way any different from the 1000 kms report or the initial test drive report and it might turn into just another song of "Jai Jai Cedia, Sree Sree Cedia..."

Since I bought the car last Sept, I have done 6000+ kms, and done the regular services and no single complaint in my car.

Last month there was a Flash rain in the night and I got struck in about 3 feet deep water and the engine stopped. It was almost midnight and there were no lights on the road. Terribly raining and I tried to start it. It started and somehow I reached home. Next day I found about 100 ml water in the Air Filter.. Got it cleaned and car was back to normal. My friends were just amazed how the car didnt seize with water entering the air filter and I was driving for a few kilometers. Thanks Mitsubishi, it didn't harm the engine at all.

Yesterday, I got the car checked in the 'free-check up' campaign launched by Maya Motors, as introduction offer, (taken over from ACT). And man, a sure there was improvement between ACT and Maya. (Not that ACT was too bad). They took the car from my office yesterday morning around 11 am and got trhe check up and complete scratch removal, paint touch up and wax polishing done for just Rs.2400. They had done great job on paint touch up and scratch removal. The car looks just brand new, as I took delivery. Same work when I wanted ACT to do, they were giving one hundred excuses such as this paint is unique, unless then get a few cars for such repair,l they dont mix this paint, it has to come from NASA etc. etc. etc.

And it all done and delivered the car by 6 pm in the evening. Amazing work, compared to ACT. I am yet to visit them though, I find myself a big improvement.

Anyways, it could be the inital take-over gimmicks to lure the people.. One has to wait and see in the long run how they respond to customer complaints.!

Yes, they checked the air filter and carburettor and said nothing wrong in them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks