Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2008, 11:09   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Well, I was not going to write any report on the 5000 kms, as it would be in no way any different from the 1000 kms report or the initial test drive report and it might turn into just another song of "Jai Jai Cedia, Sree Sree Cedia..."

Since I bought the car last Sept, I have done 6000+ kms, and done the regular services and no single complaint in my car.

Last month there was a Flash rain in the night and I got struck in about 3 feet deep water and the engine stopped. It was almost midnight and there were no lights on the road. Terribly raining and I tried to start it. It started and somehow I reached home. Next day I found about 100 ml water in the Air Filter.. Got it cleaned and car was back to normal. My friends were just amazed how the car didnt seize with water entering the air filter and I was driving for a few kilometers. Thanks Mitsubishi, it didn't harm the engine at all.

Yesterday, I got the car checked in the 'free-check up' campaign launched by Maya Motors, as introduction offer, (taken over from ACT). And man, a sure there was improvement between ACT and Maya. (Not that ACT was too bad). They took the car from my office yesterday morning around 11 am and got trhe check up and complete scratch removal, paint touch up and wax polishing done for just Rs.2400. They had done great job on paint touch up and scratch removal. The car looks just brand new, as I took delivery. Same work when I wanted ACT to do, they were giving one hundred excuses such as this paint is unique, unless then get a few cars for such repair,l they dont mix this paint, it has to come from NASA etc. etc. etc.

And it all done and delivered the car by 6 pm in the evening. Amazing work, compared to ACT. I am yet to visit them though, I find myself a big improvement.

Anyways, it could be the inital take-over gimmicks to lure the people.. One has to wait and see in the long run how they respond to customer complaints.!

Yes, they checked the air filter and carburettor and said nothing wrong in them.
I don't think your car has a carb .........
Old 17th July 2008, 11:30   #47
Senior - BHPian

Dear Cedizans,
Above testimonials only give me a strong assurance of the robust performence of Cedia.
I will soon publish my report once i cross 1000km mark.
Old 17th July 2008, 14:41   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
I don't think your car has a carb .........
right Rahul,
This one has an MPFi system. Pardon my ignorance.. Thanks for pointing out buddy...
Old 18th July 2008, 14:45   #49
BHPian

Has any cedia owner noticed that the brake makes a kind of squealing noise for the first 20-25 minutes when you apply the brakes? Once the engine is properly lubricated, the noise seems to go away.
Old 18th July 2008, 15:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan View Post
Has any cedia owner noticed that the brake makes a kind of squealing noise for the first 20-25 minutes when you apply the brakes? Once the engine is properly lubricated, the noise seems to go away.
some squealing noise I have noticed just when I start, this is not coz of Engine. When the car stands still, the brake disc catches moisture and very thin oxidation coating forms on the disc. When you brake a few times, ths film coating gets rubbed away and your brake shoes catch the disc firmly, thus the sound vanishes. But this disappeears within 1-2 minutes just after a few braking.

But, if it comes for 20-25 minutes, better get the discs checked. Could be misalignment or uneven wear on the shoes/discs.
Old 18th July 2008, 15:02   #51
BHPian

RajaTaurus - Thanks for the information. I guess I will observe the car (with stereo off) for some time and if I am not satisfied, I will get the discs checked.
Old 29th June 2009, 11:33   #52
Senior - BHPian

Spontaneous Blaring of Horn..!

Folks,
I am yet to write a 10000 km report. Till now touchwood, no complaints...

But yesterday, I got a peculiar trouble in my car. Strange as it can be..!!!
Parked outside the Pizza Carner, Evening 7 pm. Engine switched off and all doors locked.
15 minutes later, the car horn goes BLARING at full throttle, NON-STOP and the indicators Blinking. My Cedia doesn't come with a anti-theft system nor even an audio feedback for the door-locks.
Came running, opened the door, started, stopped the engine, opened and closed all doors and the boot... It just wouldn't stop BLARING....
Finally pressed the Horn switch at the center of the steering wheel and it stopped.
Now relief yet. 3 minutes later it went again. FULL BLAST...
Man, no mechanics nearby, finally I could only stop it by doing the inevitable... Opened the bonnet and snapped the wires that connected the Hooters and it went silent.
This morning reported to Maya Motors and they are taken by surprise. They never had such a complaint before. They are picking up the car this afternoon to do a check on it.

Folks, Did anyone had such experience before..????
(Mods, pls move to more apt thread if you consider it suitable... Thanks).
Old 29th June 2009, 11:58   #53
BHPian

That's scary !
Never happened with my Cedia Spirit ( 1 1/2 yrs old).
Were there any changes to car's electricals? like changes to ICE, or headlamp etc?
Old 29th June 2009, 12:10   #54
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely Nothing done. The entire car is 'stock', so to say...
My guess is the extensive usage of the horn switch which is kind of touch-pad type, which might have worn out causing a short circuit on the contactor...
Old 29th June 2009, 12:21   #55
BHPian

I wonder if Cedia has built-in anti-theft which is not documented !!
because, as you said, horn and blinkers went off simultaneously.
Old 29th June 2009, 12:43   #56
Senior - BHPian

-> Jyothi,
I too have the same doubt. The blinkers went off same time as the horn, indicating this. But normally the horn go intermittently in such system, this one went on continuous.
I talked to Maya Motors this morning. You know what they said? They would check up with the factory for (exactly our doubt) any anti-theft system installed and they didn't know about.
They have picked up my car just now (1230 HRS) and let us see what they come up with.!
Old 29th June 2009, 13:27   #57
BHPian

I have been using a cedia for the last 1 year plus and have never had this problem and I dont think there is any anti theft system per say, but lets wait it out and see what they say.
Old 30th June 2009, 10:56   #58
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday Maya Motors called. They said it was problem with the horn switch in the steering assembly and the entire assembly must be changed. Of course, they would do it under warranty and it is going to take 2 weeks to get the assembly. They will fix a temporary switch outside for the horn until then and I am getting the car back today. Fair enough I guess.
But, still they don't have the answer for the blinkers that went off along with the horn, making it look like anti-theft system. I hope to get some feedback in a few days time.
Will keep posted the developments.
Old 30th June 2009, 11:09   #59
BHPian

hmmn, 2 weeks for the parts to come....
Is this problem only with Mitsubishi cars?
I had to wait for a really long time for Fog lamps and also for a door handle.
For both, the dealer said, these parts are not frequently replaced. hence the delay !!
Old 30th June 2009, 15:55   #60
Senior - BHPian

Yes. My dealer told me that they don't stock imported parts in Chennai or in India. The parts are stocked in Dubai and the delay is the import time. Only those items manufactured in India (less than 1% of the car) can be fitted quicker. In my case too, the steering assembly has to come from Dubai.

Most Viewed