Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2015, 15:45   #541
Senior - BHPian

re: My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
Thanks Sir. But after a lot of thoughts/after thoughts, have changed my plan and have decided to let the Classic go.
Booked the Xcent Petrol Top End.
Have to admit that the car is indeed loaded with features for the price.
But still when I see the Classic on road, the head turns to it.

Thanks once again for your inputs and Sorry that I had taken a bit of your time.
Will continue to watch your thread on the way you pamper your ride.
Congrats for you decision. If you want features, nothing comes close to Hyundai in India. Wish you many miles of happiness.
Old 27th February 2015, 11:50   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
Booked the Xcent Petrol Top End...
Congrats on the booking hamster!
Its sad that Classic Titanium tends to lose out in comparison with most other cars in that price bracket. Those considering Titanium would find better options in Linea/City.

If only the ABS option is available in CLxi variant, that would have a no-brainer for most enthusiasts.
Old 2nd March 2015, 12:18   #543
BHPian

Re: 5 years with the Ford Fiesta 1.6 sxi ABS & still going Fida

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

Meanwhile, as it was 9 months since last service, I'd asked them to get the car serviced and oils and filters changed. It was during that task that they found a leakage from the power steering hose. I was told that the hose would need to be replaced and it costs around 4800 INR .
Well, my Diesel Fiesta went for service today, and they detected a leak on the power steering hose. And I am out of warranty since 2 months! Seems like I have to shell out 4500 + 1000 for the fluid! :(
There is no field service action for my vehicle though.

Last edited by glenmz : 2nd March 2015 at 12:43.
Old 2nd March 2015, 12:47   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Well, my Diesel Fiesta went for service today, and they detected a leak on the power steering hose. And I am out of warranty since 2 months! Seems like I have to shell out 4500 + 1000 for the fluid! :(
My 2012 Feb Petrol Fiesta's Rear twist beam was changed a year back under warranty. The Power steering hose wasn't. Last week when I gave for service, the service adviser checked and said me the hose is leaking. At that point, I forgot about the recall and free change. The cost of hose was 9k, I reluctantly agreed for the change.

An hour later, I remembered about this recall and immediately went to the Ford service centre. Then met the GM of service and finally convinced them to do the change free of cost.

So don't pay for it. Ask for free replacement.
FordDodo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2015, 13:19   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordDodo View Post
My 2012 Feb Petrol Fiesta's Rear twist beam was changed a year back under warranty. The Power steering hose wasn't. Last week when I gave for service, the service adviser checked and said me the hose is leaking. At that point, I forgot about the recall and free change. The cost of hose was 9k, I reluctantly agreed for the change.

An hour later, I remembered about this recall and immediately went to the Ford service centre. Then met the GM of service and finally convinced them to do the change free of cost.

So don't pay for it. Ask for free replacement.
As far as I was told, the manufacturing defect was only for petrol Fiestas, if you see my post of a few years back. I'm not sure if the diesel Fiesta had a similar defect. The technician who'd visited my home for inspecting my car told me that the diesel had the hose in a different location, which did not make it prone to rubbing with the heated engine block on braking.

Anyway, try your best.
vnabhi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2015, 19:31   #546
BHPian

Apologies for hijacking your thread . I am starting one for mine soon; WIP.
So back from service. I checked the old hose. According to the technician, the leak was from the joint between the rubber and the metal part. There was no visible sign of external damage. And as luck would have it, the service manager and his manager were not present to take any calls on this. I had written an email to Ford customer care; got a response that this is being looked into and that was pretty much it. When i reached the service station, I had to ask them to check the emails, and thats when they saw the email. Basically, no action was taken; so thanks to ford for nothing. So part cost - 3862 + 560(tax) and fluid 512 + 74 (tax). labor is 735 + 90(tax). total damages amounting to 5833.
Old 2nd March 2015, 21:54   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apologies for hijacking your thread . I am starting one for mine soon; WIP.
No problems. I think it is just wear and tear in your case, coupled with bad luck. I know that even some petrol Fiesta owners paid a similar amount as they were not aware of the manufacturing defect.
vnabhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2015, 22:00   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
No problems. I think it is just wear and tear in your case, coupled with bad luck. I know that even some petrol Fiesta owners paid a similar amount as they were not aware of the manufacturing defect.
But this is not a moving part, correct? So I cannot buy this wear and tear theory. Yes, there could be pressure involved since the fluid should be passing thru under high pressure.
Old 3rd March 2015, 00:04   #549
BHPian

Power steering leaks, AC coil are some of the known issues with Fiesta. Ford didnt really care to fix these at all in spite of so many vehicles reported this issue.
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 19:37   #550
BHPian

Brought this to a logical conclusion.
They are refunding the amount as a goodwill gesture.
And it was told to me that the threat of fire was only for petrol vehicles; as diesel is not combustible easily.
So yes, I have to believe that Ford is almost there with Maruti when it comes to customer service. Touchwood and hope I do not jinx this

Glen
glenmz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 21:59   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Power steering leaks, AC coil are some of the known issues with Fiesta. Ford didnt really care to fix these at all in spite of so many vehicles reported this issue.
I agree, but I think Ford has brought out some fix for the AC divertor issues, if you go through my latest service record. They had charged me around 2 K for some 'panel protection'.

Quote:
Brought this to a logical conclusion.
They are refunding the amount as a goodwill gesture.
And it was told to me that the threat of fire was only for petrol vehicles; as diesel is not combustible easily.
So yes, I have to believe that Ford is almost there with Maruti when it comes to customer service. Touchwood and hope I do not jinx this

Glen
Nice to know that. Congrats!
Old 15th March 2015, 17:07   #552
Senior - BHPian

The Red Injun completed 8 years of exhilerating experience yesterday, and I took special care of getting it washed inside and out. The car was gleaming at its parking spot in all its glory and excitement.

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-wp_20150314_001.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-wp_20150314_002.jpg

My Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI completes 13.7 years and dies by drowning!-wp_20150314_003.jpg

Unable to contain my feelings, I took it for a short spin but did not traverse more than 10 kms due to commitments. The odo stands proudly at 49114 kms, averaging 6139 kms a year. Around 5800 kms of those were blissful highway drives, where one can really exploit her potential. I'm looking for the slightest excuse to hit the highways after this summer, when my daughter completes her studies.

The updated maintenance record is attached. Believe me, no other car under 10 lakhs can give so much of fun, both on city roads and on the highways. Every time I see her, I get a feeling of pride. The emotional connect is growing stronger by the day.

And the Red Injun still drives like it was delivered from the showroom only today!

Fiesta Maintenance Record.xlsx

Last edited by vnabhi : 15th March 2015 at 17:10.
vnabhi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2015, 17:46   #553
BHPian

Guys, like you I am a proud owner of the 1.6 Classic with one grouse. I am not able to drive in hot weather for long distances because although the temp shows normal but the hood is very hot to touch and opening the bonnet smells of hot metal. Some of these gases seep into the cabin making me cough. My car has done only 600 kms in 6 months. Is this normal for a new fiesta engine. I know that a new engine will give off smells but should they permeate into the cabin. I am trying to drive with windows down but that's not possible always.
Old 15th March 2015, 17:59   #554
Team-BHP Support

Congrats. 49k is still the prime youth for a Fiesta 1.6. Those of who run close to 30k kms a year can only hope the car runs like this over 8 years! Your car still looks showroom fresh. Congrats.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2015, 22:39   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak K Gupta View Post
Guys, like you I am a proud owner of the 1.6 Classic with one grouse. I am not able to drive in hot weather for long distances because although the temp shows normal but the hood is very hot to touch and opening the bonnet smells of hot metal. Some of these gases seep into the cabin making me cough. My car has done only 600 kms in 6 months. Is this normal for a new fiesta engine. I know that a new engine will give off smells but should they permeate into the cabin. I am trying to drive with windows down but that's not possible always.
Congrats on your 1.6 Duratec! It is normal for a Fiesta to emit more heat from the engine. I too was perplexed when I bought mine. I had my WagonR in comparision, which did not emit so much heat when I stood in front of the bonnet after a drive.

But I am surprised how the so called 'smell' permeates into the cabin. It never happened to me. But I do have a hint. If you're driving in re-circulation mode for more than half an hour, please put the mode into 'fresh air' for at least 30 seconds, else the cabin will feel stale and suffocating. This is because the re-circulate mode really insulates the cabin almost 100% from outside air, unlike other cars. The +ve side of this is that outside stink does not permeate into the cabin.

If you feel the problem is something else, do take it to Ford A.S.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats. 49k is still the prime youth for a Fiesta 1.6. Those of who run close to 30k kms a year can only hope the car runs like this over 8 years! Your car still looks showroom fresh. Congrats.
Thanks, but 30 K a year in a petrol that gives 11 to 12 kmpl? One must have a fat wallet to cover that many miles!! Even my Figo tdci has covered only 31 K kms in 2 years 5 months!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks