Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2008, 13:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update

Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver

Introduction :

Finally and Finally , i got my hands on my Dream Car - The Getz CRDi 110 BHP . Lot of drams to talk about before getting my hands on it.
1. What made me choose the Getz CRDi ?
I wanted to get a diesel car . My previous car was Ikon 1.3 Flair 2006 model. As i am clocking 2000 - 3000 kms per month , i thought it would be wise to go for a diesel car so i that each time when i go to the Fuel Station i can spend lesser for diesel than petrol . I had four options. Swift D , Palio MJD , Indica D , Getz D.

a. Swift D - Waiting Period was 4 months here . Drove my friend's Swift and noticed that Rear leg room was not enough and i dont want my mom sitting at the rear feel uncomfortable during long journeys as she is old.

b. Palio D - Car wasnt launched at that time and the Showroom is 100 kms away from my house. Not sure of FIAT's A.S.S as my another had problems with it. Wasnt brave and confident enough to take that risk.

c. Indica D - Ruled out that option at the first place as my dad never liked it . He drove once and he felt that the power is very low and the build quality was not good.

d. Getz D - Good Engine , both my dad and me liked it. Good rear seat and my mom liked it. Previous experience with Hyundai was very good is terms of A.S.S.Costlier than the above three. But decided to go with it as it had the best on the essential needs for me like Space and comfort , A.S.S , Power , build quality.

2. Where to buy ?
I booked the Getz D on Chandra Hyundai Coimbatore after having Test Drive from them and paying Rs.25000 as booking advance and 2 months waiting period . But when i saw @aks_karthik enquire it on HMP( thanks man) , i was itching to go for them . Last week three important points made me go to HMP , (1) Car prices are going to increase again. (2) Life Tax rates are to be increased next month in TamilNadu and (3) my Ikon prices are slashed affecting the re-sale value. So i decided to approach the HMP Chennai and on Saturday (19th) got the information that they have Silver and White colour in Stock . Immediately i took the Demand Draft on Monday(21) ,cancelled the booking at the other dealer and sent them and booked the vehicle. I told them i want to take the delivery on Wednesday (23rd) after the temp-regn process is complete.

On the Delivery Day :
I reached the HMP Chennai on Wednesday morning . My travel from my home town to Chennai was 8 hours (400Kms)by KPN Travels . Gave them the documents for registration at 10AM. Explained them that i need the vehicle before 4PM as i need to travel back to my home town which will take another 8 hours drive. They said they will give the vehicle before 4PM. I went for purchase of ICE . Called them at 3PM to check and they said the vehicle is ready and they are cleaning the car. I had lunch and went to the showroom at 3.45PM . Took the delivery at 4PM on the dot.
Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-100_1655-medium.jpg

Receiving Keys from the Sales Officer named Mr.Jackson . Such a nice person and he responded well and helped me.
Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-100_1656-medium.jpg

Experience:

Started from Chennai at 4.00 PM . Filled the tank at Indian Oil outlet. My route was Guindy -- Nandhambakkam -- Porur -- Poonthamalle -- Join the Expressway NH4 -- Vellore -- Krishnagiri -- Dharmapuri -- Thoppur -- Mettur -- HomeTown , totalling distance of 400kms .
Some important points :
1. Power and Torque are awesome . Will scare the passengers for sure.
2. the NVH levels are very low. I could hear the tyre sound only which ofcourse will be reduced further after i change to Michelin XM1+.
3. The driving comfort is good.
4. Handling is good ( my ikon was better) .Getting a good set of rubber will improve it .
5. The gear shift was smooth and there was a light tick sound while shifting and i liked it.
6. Braking is fine.
7. I kept the vehicle at 2000 rpm and the speed was showing 100kmph .
8. Build quality is good . No rattles.
9. When the engine is running and idle , we can hear the engine clatter sound. But once we are on the move , its better ( better than my ikon 1.3 )

Fuel Efficiency :

Filled up the tank.
Drove for 263 kms.
Filled the tank again. Consumed 20litres.
So the fuel efficieny comes to 13 Kmpl.
I was driving at 110kmph constantly for more than 200 kms.
60 kms - city driving at lower gears.

With proper driving and after first service i am sure i can get 20kmpl. Lets wait and see.

More pics of the car:
Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-100_1671-medium.jpg
Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-100_1672-medium.jpg
Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-100_1673-medium.jpg
Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-100_1674-medium.jpg

Modifications and Accessories :

I bought the ICE products but didnt install it.

Sony CDX 470 US - Rs.4700
JBL 607 C (Front ) - Rs.4750
JBL 937 (Rear) - Rs.2700

More to come are the SunFilm , Horns , Seats etc . Ofcourse how can i decide all without getting suggestions from my TBhp friends.

Vote of Thanks :
Thanks to all my TBhp friends who have helped me to decide on this.
Special Thanks to Anju and Kunal who shared their experiences with me and gave me valuable suggestions and thanks to aks_karthik who gave the information about the Hyundai Motor Plaza , Chennai.

Overall :
I am REALLY satisfied with the vehicle. My experience with Hyundai Motor Plaza , Chennai was very good. Did i miss something ?? Feel free to ask .

Last edited by undead : 24th April 2008 at 14:03.
undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2008, 14:05   #2
BHPian

undead Congrtas on your new car.great pics.
get the fog lamps installed and also upgrade the tryes.Ride will be even better
Old 24th April 2008, 14:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Some more Pics :

Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-100_1676-medium.jpg

Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-100_1665-medium.jpg

Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-100_1666-medium.jpg

Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-100_1667-medium.jpg

Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-100_1669-medium.jpg

Last edited by undead : 24th April 2008 at 14:14.
undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2008, 14:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Undead! Thats a beast of an engine. Get better tires, complete 5k kms and get it Pete'd!
Old 24th April 2008, 14:35   #5
BHPian

Finally a great buy undead. Now you can run rings around unsuspecting cars who try to bully you .

Upgrade the rubber and enjoy your ride..
Old 24th April 2008, 15:05   #6
BHPian

congrats undead ! just curious to know if you drove all the 400 kms without a registertion number (not even a temp one)
but anyways a neat car. get it pete'd, alloye'd, Ice'd, sunflim'd and beat the heat. enhjoy and have a safe drive
Old 24th April 2008, 15:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats undead on your Getz D! Enjoy the ride!

How much did it cost?
Old 24th April 2008, 15:15   #8
BHPian

Finally,Undead congrats for your new car.
Now tyres+spoilers+bodykit+petes+air filter.
Old 24th April 2008, 15:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats undead. Car looks awesome man. Eager to read a report after tyre upgrade.

Even i am inclining towards silver (had red color in mind). My only worry is that scratches will be more visible on red compared to silver.

Get nice alloys and enjoy the ride.
Old 24th April 2008, 16:13   #10
BHPian

Congratulations undead! 400Kms apart.....the coordination seems to be good.
Looks like you havent got any freebies or did I miss anything from your post?
Old 24th April 2008, 16:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Congratulations Undead! Thats a beast of an engine. Get better tires, complete 5k kms and get it Pete'd!
THANK YOU. Yes . Will be changing only after 10000 kms and get it pete'd for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyb22 View Post
undead Congrtas on your new car.great pics.
get the fog lamps installed and also upgrade the tryes.Ride will be even better
THANK YOU. Not the fog lamps . But want to fit an extra pair of lights with 100/90 bulbs. I was struggling with OE lights at night while returning home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayatarizona View Post
Finally a great buy undead. Now you can run rings around unsuspecting cars who try to bully you .

Upgrade the rubber and enjoy your ride..
THANK YOU . Ya. I did that . A fiesta doesnt want me to overtake . I was in 80kmph in 5th gear. i just pressed the pedal and immeditely there was a rush and it reach 110 kmph so fast and passed him like a rocket. I forgot to mention this guys. The drivability is superb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karandeep81 View Post
congrats undead ! just curious to know if you drove all the 400 kms without a registertion number (not even a temp one)
but anyways a neat car. get it pete'd, alloye'd, Ice'd, sunflim'd and beat the heat. enhjoy and have a safe drive
THANK YOU.Ya No Regn No. Crossed several Traffic cops, they even smiled at me as its a new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Congrats undead on your Getz D! Enjoy the ride!

How much did it cost?
THANK YOU. Showroom price was Rs.560834 . Document Charges Rs.3000 . Insurance Rs.15500 . Life tax yet to be paid and may cost around Rs.34000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Finally,Undead congrats for your new car.
Now tyres+spoilers+bodykit+petes+air filter.
THANK YOU. I will be doing all the mods only with the help of you guys. And also little by little to keep the interest in the car going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Congrats undead. Car looks awesome man. Eager to read a report after tyre upgrade.

Even i am inclining towards silver (had red color in mind). My only worry is that scratches will be more visible on red compared to silver.

Get nice alloys and enjoy the ride.
THANK YOU. You are right. Scratches in silver are less visible than red. Always buy light colours. I had jewel violet ikon and i had to work hard to keep the car clean and even slight scratches are visible.

Last edited by undead : 24th April 2008 at 16:18.
Old 24th April 2008, 16:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sony CDX 470 US - Rs.4700
JBL 607 C (Front ) - Rs.4750
JBL 937 (Rear) - Rs.2700
Have a made the right purchase guys? Suggestions please .
Old 24th April 2008, 16:23   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Document Charges Rs.3000 . Insurance Rs.15500 . Life tax yet to be paid and may cost around Rs.34000.
Document charges?

For what, they didn't even register the Car, plain rip-off!
Even if they had registered the car, why Rs.3000?

All car dealers dupe customer with this doc/service charges!
Time to form a Car owners Association & stop this malpractice.
Old 24th April 2008, 16:25   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Document charges?

For what, they didn't even register the Car, plain rip-off!
Even if they had registered the car, why Rs.3000?

All car dealers dupe customer with this doc/service charges!
Time to form a Car owners Association & stop this malpractice.
Actually they do Temp.Regn and then only give the vehicle. For that they charge Rs.3000 . No dealers give the car without Temp Regn .
Old 24th April 2008, 16:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Actually they do Temp.Regn and then only give the vehicle. For that they charge Rs.3000 .
Am very sure Temp Regn will cost less than Rs.500, but they have charged you Rs.3000

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks