Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2008, 14:28   #46
Senior - BHPian

Ice Completed

Today i have installed the ICE for the car.

Just the basic setup though. But i am completely satisfied with the performance.

ICE Details

Sony CDX 470 US ( With USB and Aux) - Rs. 4200
JBL 607C (Front ) - Rs.4750
JBL 937 (Rear ) - Rs.2700

Fitting and Other Charges :
Extra Pad for rear speakers - Rs. 850
Round ring for 607C - Rs.250
Screws and Wires - Rs.300
Labour - Rs.350

Sun Film - Autographix - Carbon 35 -Rs.2500

Pics:
Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-100_1678-medium.jpg

Getz Prime 1.5 CRDi - Bright Silver EDIT: 74,000 kms update-100_1680-medium.jpg
Old 25th April 2008, 14:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

Good combination undead.

Does the music playback stop (while playing CD) for a while when you go over a pothole?
As my friend is facing similar issue with his sony player.
Old 25th April 2008, 16:48   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Good combination undead.

Does the music playback stop (while playing CD) for a while when you go over a pothole?
As my friend is facing similar issue with his sony player.
I have used USB only and there no problems with that. You meant the Audio CD ah? I think you are correct as i faced the same with pioneer . But i am using mp3 cd's only most times. Will check out for you.
Old 25th April 2008, 18:07   #49
BHPian

nice report undead. I would like to know in your journey of 400Km, did you ever felt knee/shoulder/trunk stress? I am trying to figure out the seating position comfortability for the driver.
Old 25th April 2008, 18:43   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Sony CDX 470 US ( With USB and Aux) - Rs. 4200
Can we hook up an iPod to this?
Old 25th April 2008, 20:08   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.r View Post
nice report undead. I would like to know in your journey of 400Km, did you ever felt knee/shoulder/trunk stress? I am trying to figure out the seating position comfortability for the driver.
The journey was comfortable. In fact it was comfortable as i was driving the Getz. I was very very tired that day going by bus and walking under the hot sun for buying ICE and had lunch at 3.00 PM and took the vehicle at 4.00PM . Didnt have time to even stretch my legs. But i drove only for 250 kms and it was a relaxing drive throughout the expressway, my dad wanted to drive the remaining distance , so he took the wheels and he too felt comfortable than my ikon. I am 180 cms tall and weigh 90kgs.
Old 25th April 2008, 20:18   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
Can we hook up an iPod to this?
Yes vabs, we can connect an ipod . You need to use an extension cable with 3.5mm stereo connectors at each end.
Old 27th April 2008, 15:25   #53
Senior - BHPian

My Apologies,
I have made a mistake in calculating the fuel consumption . Actually when i first filled the tank , the fuel pump had the Auto cutoff facility ( you know what it is ) . I filled the tank till the 2nd time the pump cut off automatically. But when i was filling for the second time ,the pump at another station had NO Auto cutoff . So i filled the tank to the maximum i could . So it wasnt a proper fill and hence the calculation went wrong ( 13kmpl) . Today i went to a fuel station which had Auto cutoff and filled till the 2nd time too and the efficiency came to 19.5 kmpl. So , i am sorry for the error i made as i was very tired and it got over my brains. I will calculate the fuel efficiency tomorrow.
Old 27th April 2008, 15:46   #54
Senior - BHPian

Today i had a terrible experience . I was driving 100kmph speed and there was an old farmer driving his TVS50 with some wood sticks . I was honking the horn , and i was nearing him to overtake and suddenly he crossed the road from left to right . I had to hit the brakes hard and turned to the left. I stopped the car to give him a slap , but he know that i will do that and he rode away as fast as he could. The interesting thing was , the brakes didnt lock up at all at 100kmph and thats why i was able to steer left and avoid him. If the brakes got locked up then i would have hit him for sure.
Old 27th April 2008, 18:05   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today i went to a fuel station which had Auto cutoff and filled till the 2nd time too and the efficiency came to 19.5 kmpl. So , i am sorry for the error i made as i was very tired and it got over my brains. I will calculate the fuel efficiency tomorrow.
19.5kmpl.....Next time try to fill up from the same pump and let us know the FE.
Quote:
Today i had a terrible experience . I was driving 100kmph speed and there was an old farmer driving his TVS50 with some wood sticks . I was honking the horn , and i was nearing him to overtake and suddenly he crossed the road from left to right . I had to hit the brakes hard and turned to the left. I stopped the car to give him a slap , but he know that i will do that and he rode away as fast as he could. The interesting thing was , the brakes didnt lock up at all at 100kmph and thats why i was able to steer left and avoid him. If the brakes got locked up then i would have hit him for sure.
Glad no damage was caused.. Drive safe. take care.

U couldn't chase down a TVS 50 with a Getz CRDi.
Old 27th April 2008, 21:09   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post

U couldn't chase down a TVS 50 with a Getz CRDi.
Actually he went into a path way from the main road in a small village. So i missed him . Also my dad stopped me .
Old 27th April 2008, 21:30   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
, was driving with the handbrake activated. After some 4 kms only i noticed . I got down and i can smell the heat from the brakes . And after few mins we got in the car and when i switched on the blower , hot air was coming for few sec . But after that it was normal .

Guys please tell me whether the brakes would have been damaged?
No damage as distance was short..but dont do it repeatedly..

Congrats on your buy..I'm thinking of one too. Howz the Ride and Handling scene especially above 140kph? Check after your first service and let us know..

Quote:
But once i switched on the blower , hot air came which was new for me. The time was 9PM only , so if it was during noon , we can say due to hot sun .
The air in the pipeline is generally hot as it is in the engine bay..It will cool in 10 seconds or so..normal in most cars.

Quote:
Thanks vabs. Infact i felt the braking slight better .
Yup..must have scrapped the brake pads..Even new brake pads take around a 100 kms or so to bite better!

Quote:
Quote:
Actually he went into a path way from the main road in a small village. So i missed him . Also my dad stopped me .
Lucky..Be careful..the Monster with its insane torque can surge you and you'll be in 3 digit speeds before you realise..so please watch out for all the dogs on the road!
Old 28th April 2008, 07:13   #58
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @headers ,
Ride and handling is ok if you are going at 90 kmph. But I highly recommend to change the tires immediately after purchase . I didnt do it as i was little out of budget and couldnt convince my dad for it and that is a big mistake on my part .
Old 28th April 2008, 11:35   #59
Senior - BHPian

undead,

If possible go for Michelin XM1+ right now on stock steel wheels. They cost 4000 per tyre(approx). So 4000*4=16000-6000(existing tires) and you will be spending around 10K. Get them as soon as possible as i think it really requires.

I have booked a Bright Silver Getz CRDi and i am getting remote locking, sun film and leather steering cover as freebies. Asked for a spoiler and man it costs 7.5K. I said its not worth the money. Also fog lamps cost 4200.
Sales guy promptly said to buy these stuff outside for a much lower price.

I will have to wait between 4 to 6 weeks to get my car delivered.
Your pics helped me to finalize on silver. thanks.
Old 28th April 2008, 12:05   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Also fog lamps cost 4200.
Sanjay hyundai sales man told me 3600 for fog lamps here in pune.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks