Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2008, 20:07   #166
BHPian

GETZ CRDi is one awesome machine. I read through all of those pages here.
UNDEAD - My advice is get a pair of good bulbs if you are having serious issues. Else, try getting them adjusted. Also, DRIVE SAFE! You have a beast fitted in that hood of urs...you really gotta tame it right!
Old 18th May 2008, 10:28   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmishra83 View Post
GETZ CRDi is one awesome machine. I read through all of those pages here.
UNDEAD - My advice is get a pair of good bulbs if you are having serious issues. Else, try getting them adjusted. Also, DRIVE SAFE! You have a beast fitted in that hood of urs...you really gotta tame it right!
Instead of changing the bulbs , i am planning to buy the Lightforce 170 Striker . I think it costs around 15000 . Any idea about this guys ?
Old 18th May 2008, 10:29   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Instead of changing the bulbs , i am planning to buy the Lightforce 170 Striker . I think it costs around 15000 . Any idea about this guys ?
What is that? HID??........
Old 18th May 2008, 10:46   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
What is that? HID??........
No. Not HID . They are off-road lights with 100W bulbs. AFAIK there are totoally 5 models.
140 Striker
170 Stirker
240 Blitz
240 XGT - costs Rs.22000
HID
Old 18th May 2008, 11:21   #170
BHPian

Quote:
No. Not HID . They are off-road lights with 100W bulbs. AFAIK there are totoally 5 models.
140 Striker
170 Stirker
240 Blitz
240 XGT - costs Rs.22000
HID
i suggest that before you buy anything expensive. just change your bulbs to philips rally 100/90 bulbs. they will be good enough. will not cost more than 500 bucks.
Old 19th May 2008, 16:20   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest you not to spend 15K for that system. Instead spend that money on tires which are really required.

Get Philips Rallye 90/100W bulbs with relay, cutout and wiring harness which will cost you around 800 rs.
Beleive me you can comfortably do 100+KMPH in the nights on highways.

I have same bulbs fitted in my chevy spark and i am more than happy.
Old 19th May 2008, 16:42   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I would suggest you not to spend 15K for that system. Instead spend that money on tires which are really required.

Get Philips Rallye 90/100W bulbs with relay, cutout and wiring harness which will cost you around 800 rs.
Beleive me you can comfortably do 100+KMPH in the nights on highways.

I have same bulbs fitted in my chevy spark and i am more than happy.
I am going to fit 100/90W bulbs for sure. I will be fitting extra driving lights along that too. Not sure whether i will be going for lightforce , i am looking on Autopal or Hella 550 . Got to fit it within next week .
Old 19th May 2008, 17:47   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am going to fit 100/90W bulbs for sure. I will be fitting extra driving lights along that too. Not sure whether i will be going for lightforce , i am looking on Autopal or Hella 550 . Got to fit it within next week .
Hella 550??? U mean those rally type add on fog lamps??
It will spoil the look of the car. Why don't u get standard fog lamps of Getz and upgrade the bulbs?
Old 19th May 2008, 18:02   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It will spoil the look of the car. Why don't u get standard fog lamps of Getz and upgrade the bulbs?
Typo error. I was mentioning the Hella 500 which is the round type , 550 is the rectangle type. I have not yet decided on that .I am searching for a good one. Cant install the Rally 3000 , as they are very big and may look awkward. I wanted to fit a 100W bulb on the fog lamps. The standard Getz fog lamps wont serve its purpose.

Last edited by undead : 19th May 2008 at 18:04.
Old 19th May 2008, 21:13   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Undead: I doubt you need to change the lights, the OE lights are good enough. Try to get them properly focussed to your liking.

No point in using high power lights and blinding the opponents. Become a better driver in learning to cope up with the OE lights. You are not going for a rally, are you?

Trust me, I've done enough tour of the south and in the night starting from my amby days. Even we used to change the bulbs to 90/100 etc until we realised it was not necessary. We need to focus on learning to drive at night! Sorry, i did not mean to hurt your feelings.

Instead, you could blow the money on a good ICE setup. Anyway to each his own!

Quote:
@ Kpzen: No upgrade of bulbs required, the getz has a good stock headlamps.

Last edited by headers : 19th May 2008 at 21:15.
Old 20th May 2008, 09:44   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Undead,
I also felt that the stock headlamps are pathetic in Getz and switched to 100/90W bulbs (without adding any relay). But later i found that, even when i'm on low beam, everyone on the road started flashing me as if i was on high beam. I realized that the lights were too powerful and also found that the right side bulb holder had started to melt. (100/90 W bulbs need ceramic holders). So I got myself a pair of Philips VisionPlus (60/55W).

Its really better than the stock bulbs and its not too bright for others on the road. A pair of Philips Visionplus will be available for less than Rs 500.

So please consider using VisionPlus before you get more powerful lights.
Old 20th May 2008, 12:58   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K a s h View Post
Hi Undead,
even when i'm on low beam, everyone on the road started flashing me as if i was on high beam. I realized that the lights were too powerful and also found that the right side bulb holder had started to melt. (100/90 W bulbs need ceramic holders)
I agree on others flashing when you are on low beam.

I do night driving a lot and more than than 60% oncoming drivers dont switch to lower beam when i flash on them. In such cases we need to have a powerfull long beam and 90/100W are excellent.
I have seen truck drivers switch to lower beam when i flash on them. Passenger cars dont care.

I switch to lower beam in order to not blind the oncoming driver especially when its a two wheeler.

I agree on philips vision plus providing better lighting than OE bulbs.
I am using 90/100W philips rallye on my chevy spark from long time and very satisfied. I havent changed to ceramic holders. Have relay, wiring harness.
Old 20th May 2008, 13:49   #178
Senior - BHPian

I suggest the Osram 60/55 night breakers. They cost about Rs 1500 for a pair and they are really good. No need for relay, ceramic holders etc., and best of all totally legal.
Old 20th May 2008, 14:57   #179
Senior - BHPian

I am scared to alter the stock headlights. I did the same with my ikon and my holders got melted and i had some problems with it. So i decided not to touch the stock bulbs. Instead i will fit the Hella 500 or something like that and connect it directly to Headlight control switch with a parallel connection. So that on High beam all four lights (2 stock + 2 additional) will light up and in low beam only 2 Stocks will light up. My friend did the same in his baleno and its better.
Old 20th May 2008, 15:54   #180
BHPian

Quote:
So that on High beam all four lights (2 stock + 2 additional) will light up and in low beam only 2 Stocks will light up.
I assume that you will be using "low beam" most of the time. Considering the fact that the stock bulbs are not sufficient, IMHO you must do something for the Low-beam and not for the High-beam.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks